Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Chum Churner Jason's Pong Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Apprentice - Dairy Queen Champion, Bogan Surf Champion, Cooking Cookies Champion, Save the Goldfish Champion, Cube Tema Strategy Champion, Pancake Tosser Champion, Tomato Bounce Champion, Turtle Shot Champion, Osmose Mah Jong Champion, Urban Mahjongg Chase Champion, Mahjong Pinguy Champion, Zodiac Leo Mahjong Champion, Sparky Mahjong Champion, Shopping City Champion, Kick Up Champion, Bra Drop Champion, Laser Jumper Champion, Hamster Flight Champion, HeliStrike v32 Champion, Street Race in LA Champion, FUTS90 - First Ultimate Table Soccer Champion, Typotron Champion, Zombie Toss Champion, Discover Paris Champion, Bush Wars Last Episode:Attack of The Shoes Champion, Please Save Me! Champion, Target Finder Champion, Das Boom Champion, Scout Games Champion, Where Is My Left Sock? Champion, Papa's Taco Mia! Champion, Dingo Pingo 3 Champion, Fried Chicken Restaurant Champion, Burning Balls Champion, Instruments Trivia by FlashGamesFan.com Champion, The Apothecary's cellar Champion, Zoo Mahjongg Champion, Hidden Beers Champion, MasterGeometry Champion, Rejected Summer Games Champion, Snot Eater Champion, Snowboarding Santa Champion, Algar Champion, Ba Ba Lian Lian Kan Mahjong Champion, Rows N Dots Easy Champion
    Blog Entries

Default Noob question about tomatoes

Is it time to put tomatoes in the ground?

Im thinking about a small garden for my kids and I dont know the times for planting here in fl.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell
    ~Don't even think about it! ~

Googlemeister Disco Bowling Champion
    PALM COAST, Florida "The Greatest Place on Earth"
    Blog Entries

Defintely time to get it going. Also you can include potatoes, squashes ,peppers, corn, cucumbers etc

Sent VIA 2 tin cans with ANDROID LABELS.
    "Zipity Do Da, Zipity Day, My oh My what a Wonderful Day"
    Plenty of Sunshine - Not much rain!

Stikini Slayer Penguin Pass Champion, Block n Roll Champion, Attack Of The Fan Girls Champion, Falafel King Champion, Donkey Tail Champion, Little Protectors Champion, When Penguins Attack TD Champion, Grid Iron Champion, Z-Wars Champion, Tribal Jungle Fruit Quest Champion, Open Source Rock Paper Scissors Champion, Nature Race Champion, DirtyColor Champion, American 8-Ball Pool Champion, Gumball Line-up Champion, Digi-Digi Champion, SevenYo! Champion, Firebug 2 Champion, hit the target Champion, Guns Defense Champion, Robot In The Hole Champion, Chicken Licken Champion, Gemollection Players Pack Champion, Fred's Pick Up Tour 3 Champion, Korrode Champion, Zaptonia Defense Champion, The Eggs Mystery Champion, Underwater TD Champion, Easter Defence Champion, CrissCross Champion, Rooftop Sniper Champion, Dragon Ambush 2 Champion, Zombie Smash Tower Defense Champion, US Border TD Champion, Underworld TD Champion, Zombie Trailer Park Champion, Potion Panic 2 Champion, WDYK? 3 Urban Lingo Champion, Bloons Tower Defense 4 Champion, Medicine Dealer Champion, The Blocks Revenge Champion, Animal Catcher Champion, Zombie Disposal Champion, Omg Scary Smiley Champion, The Flame Champion, TumbleDots Champion, Politricks Champion, Pirates Champion, City Digger Champion, redwhite slice Champion, Grammachnophobia Champion, Tabla Champion, Pixelshocks' Tower Defence II Champion, DropSum Champion, Blackbeard's Island Deluxe Champion, Short History of the World Champion, Anatomicus Anatomy Game Champion, Socium Champion, Magic Defense Champion, Bowmaster Champion, Kingdom Of Saguenay TD Champion, Ninjas vs Pirates TD 3 Champion, WasteLand Defender v2 Champion, Red Red Champion, Lucky Coins Champion, Handless Millionaire 2 Champion, TOTWO DARK Champion, Take a Walk Champion, Beat Chaser 2 Champion, 1 Will Survive Champion, Lines Game - Master Champion, Mickey Ball Champion, Windowcleaner Eyetoygame Champion
    Blog Entries

It is defiantly time to prep the soil. I usually double dig and add compost bone meal and fertilizer now and let it sit a week Dint over do it use a milder blend so you can use more ands assure its blended very evenly down at least 18 inches. You can go ahead and plant now. or in the next few weeks, any soil warming techniques would be useful.

IMPORTANT: Buy plants with at least about a 1/4 inch stalk and about a foot tall and plant DEEP up to the first set of leaves.
    The stem will Root into the ground and the entire plant will benefit from the extra initial depth. As the vine Grows mounding more soil around the bare bottom portion of the vine lengthens the harvest. before the heat sets in and stops pollination.

bell peppers are another good crop for our area that has a maximum dollar value in home growing. but hold off a few weeks before planting them, any cucurbits squash/cucumbers or Okra, the soil really needs to warm a little more first.

BTW I am eating sugar snap peas from the vine right now and they are fantastic, you have to plant them in October though.
    The scent of fresh cut grass is plants screaming.
    Abolish Lawns and golf courses!
    Suppression of grasses is an inter-kingdom hate crime.
    TAX TURF NOT EARTH
    Likes nancyp liked this post

Stikini Slayer Penguin Pass Champion, Block n Roll Champion, Attack Of The Fan Girls Champion, Falafel King Champion, Donkey Tail Champion, Little Protectors Champion, When Penguins Attack TD Champion, Grid Iron Champion, Z-Wars Champion, Tribal Jungle Fruit Quest Champion, Open Source Rock Paper Scissors Champion, Nature Race Champion, DirtyColor Champion, American 8-Ball Pool Champion, Gumball Line-up Champion, Digi-Digi Champion, SevenYo! Champion, Firebug 2 Champion, hit the target Champion, Guns Defense Champion, Robot In The Hole Champion, Chicken Licken Champion, Gemollection Players Pack Champion, Fred's Pick Up Tour 3 Champion, Korrode Champion, Zaptonia Defense Champion, The Eggs Mystery Champion, Underwater TD Champion, Easter Defence Champion, CrissCross Champion, Rooftop Sniper Champion, Dragon Ambush 2 Champion, Zombie Smash Tower Defense Champion, US Border TD Champion, Underworld TD Champion, Zombie Trailer Park Champion, Potion Panic 2 Champion, WDYK? 3 Urban Lingo Champion, Bloons Tower Defense 4 Champion, Medicine Dealer Champion, The Blocks Revenge Champion, Animal Catcher Champion, Zombie Disposal Champion, Omg Scary Smiley Champion, The Flame Champion, TumbleDots Champion, Politricks Champion, Pirates Champion, City Digger Champion, redwhite slice Champion, Grammachnophobia Champion, Tabla Champion, Pixelshocks' Tower Defence II Champion, DropSum Champion, Blackbeard's Island Deluxe Champion, Short History of the World Champion, Anatomicus Anatomy Game Champion, Socium Champion, Magic Defense Champion, Bowmaster Champion, Kingdom Of Saguenay TD Champion, Ninjas vs Pirates TD 3 Champion, WasteLand Defender v2 Champion, Red Red Champion, Lucky Coins Champion, Handless Millionaire 2 Champion, TOTWO DARK Champion, Take a Walk Champion, Beat Chaser 2 Champion, 1 Will Survive Champion, Lines Game - Master Champion, Mickey Ball Champion, Windowcleaner Eyetoygame Champion
    Blog Entries

IMHO corn is not worth the effort in a small plot, to grow right corn needs acres of plants.

I am wanting to try to plant some colored cotten as a novelty plant has anyone seen the seeds ?
    TAX TURF NOT EARTH

Googlemeister Disco Bowling Champion
    PALM COAST, Florida "The Greatest Place on Earth"
    Blog Entries

http://www.localharvest.org/store/ot...s.jsp?q=cotton

Several colors available.
    Please not "Sally Fox" was the reinventor of colored cotton. She explains that to get the colors the cotton must be washed and the colors come from the ph of the boiling water.
    "Zipity Do Da, Zipity Day, My oh My what a Wonderful Day"
    Plenty of Sunshine - Not much rain!

Blog Entries

Dad gum it Flagler sand and gravel no longer carries red baseball clay. I hope someone in St Augustine still has it. I need to prep a new garden plot and red clay is one of my secret ingredients for this sand. It not only buffers water but its High strength ionic bonds hold onto nutrients longer with frequent watering especially Iron that gives plants a deep rich green. I hate to haul it from Jax but it wouldn't be the first time I carried heavy stuff from there.
    TAX TURF NOT EARTH
    Thanks TailTeaser thanked for this post

Chum Churner Jason's Pong Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Apprentice - Dairy Queen Champion, Bogan Surf Champion, Cooking Cookies Champion, Save the Goldfish Champion, Cube Tema Strategy Champion, Pancake Tosser Champion, Tomato Bounce Champion, Turtle Shot Champion, Osmose Mah Jong Champion, Urban Mahjongg Chase Champion, Mahjong Pinguy Champion, Zodiac Leo Mahjong Champion, Sparky Mahjong Champion, Shopping City Champion, Kick Up Champion, Bra Drop Champion, Laser Jumper Champion, Hamster Flight Champion, HeliStrike v32 Champion, Street Race in LA Champion, FUTS90 - First Ultimate Table Soccer Champion, Typotron Champion, Zombie Toss Champion, Discover Paris Champion, Bush Wars Last Episode:Attack of The Shoes Champion, Please Save Me! Champion, Target Finder Champion, Das Boom Champion, Scout Games Champion, Where Is My Left Sock? Champion, Papa's Taco Mia! Champion, Dingo Pingo 3 Champion, Fried Chicken Restaurant Champion, Burning Balls Champion, Instruments Trivia by FlashGamesFan.com Champion, The Apothecary's cellar Champion, Zoo Mahjongg Champion, Hidden Beers Champion, MasterGeometry Champion, Rejected Summer Games Champion, Snot Eater Champion, Snowboarding Santa Champion, Algar Champion, Ba Ba Lian Lian Kan Mahjong Champion, Rows N Dots Easy Champion
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the very helpful replies guys.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

Blog Entries

Default Tomatoes

Here is my tomatoes that I planted in the ground this year as an experiment. Had some craziness going on with pests and disease to begin with and I definitely will grow determinates and space them farther apart next year. These indeterminates are already taller than me! They got so out of control I had to abandon my stakes and put up some netting that I had to tie them to.

There is a Big boy, a Bonnie Original, a Husky Cherry red and a Better Boy.

I had some problems with the Better Boy and Bonnie Original with pests and fungus then I got it under control and they are doing pretty good. The Big Boy is definitely living up to its name and the Cherry tomatoes are plentiful and delicious!
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by TailTeaser; September 5th, 2014 at 05:31 AM.
    Likes YankeeDoodle liked this post

Default Re: Tomatos

My BIG BOYS where midgets!!! Great plants. Did you fertizle them? What kind of soil did you use? My cukes are growing really good (I think so) but no cukes just growing and flowers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nancyp View Post
    My BIG BOYS where midgets!!! Great plants. Did you fertizle them? What kind of soil did you use? My cukes are growing really good (I think so) but no cukes just growing and flowers.
    I used miraclegrow garden soil mixed in with what was there. I didnt use that much though.
    I fertilize usually about once a week. I mix it a little strong though. I go a little tool man Taylor on my fertilizing.Name:  Tim-Taylor-Home-Improvement-Tool-Time.gif
Views: 62
Size:  576.3 KB

Post amended automaticly

I just started a garden club this morning in the group section if you would like to join.http://crackercoast.com/crackerchat/...php?groupid=21

Sweet & Sassy Typing Test Champion, Flash Pegs Champion, Belize Beauty Champion, Al Capone Mahjong Full version Champion, Cowboy Gin Rummy Champion, Gardening 101 Champion, Roman Riches Champion, Wild West Slots Champion, Hit The Deck Champion, Chance Dice Champion, Flashoulette Champion, Gin Rummy Champion, High or Low by Black Ace Poker Champion, World Capitals Quiz Champion, Easy Puzzle Play Champion, Fly Eatin Champion, Winter Mahjong Champion, Pile Driver Champion, Spell it right! Champion, Merry Christmas Special Hidden Object Champion, Christmas Stall Hidden Objects Champion, La Belle Lucie Champion, Grid Games - Chain Reactor Champion, Combo Poker Champion, Rowowor Champion, Savvygram Champion, Word Burst Champion, More Crazy Animals Champion, 1 Word 10 Tries Champion, Electro Magnetic Champion, Batman vs Joker Memory Balls Champion
    Blog Entries

Love fresh tomatoes, you selling any?
    Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!

Blog Entries

I did not see a fence. Is there a big dog?

Those are some nice maters there! I tried and we had big boys that were sized like cherry maters!

Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dee View Post
    OMG! There's nuttin' better than a sandwich made with fresh home-grown tomatoes, soft white bread and mayo with salt and pepper!
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Likes ROOT, kayaker35 liked this post

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dee View Post
    Not enough to sell yet!

I wouldnt sell em to ya anyway. I would GIVE them to ya!

Post amended automaticly

Quote Originally Posted by KathyInAR View Post
    OMG! There's nuttin' better than a sandwich made with fresh home-grown tomatoes, soft white bread and mayo with salt and pepper!
    Your making me hungry. Merita bread here I come!

Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion

Quote Originally Posted by TailTeaser View Post
    Not enough to sell yet!

I wouldnt sell em to ya anyway. I would GIVE them to ya!

Post amended automaticly

Your making me hungry. Merita bread here I come!
    I haven't eaten a slice of "white bread" in forever; but, I'd make an exception for a home-grown tomato sandwich!
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Likes ROOT, VietnamVet liked this post

Blog Entries

I haven't eaten a slice of "white bread" in forever; but, I'd make an exception for a home-grown tomato sandwich!
    Same here, But we bought a loaf of wonder bread just for the first BLTs of the season.
    TAX TURF NOT EARTH
    Likes Little Dee, VietnamVet liked this post

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ROOT View Post
    Same here, But we bought a loaf of wonder bread just for the first BLTs of the season.
    Forgive them father. These Crackers know not what they do.

Sweet & Sassy Typing Test Champion, Flash Pegs Champion, Belize Beauty Champion, Al Capone Mahjong Full version Champion, Cowboy Gin Rummy Champion, Gardening 101 Champion, Roman Riches Champion, Wild West Slots Champion, Hit The Deck Champion, Chance Dice Champion, Flashoulette Champion, Gin Rummy Champion, High or Low by Black Ace Poker Champion, World Capitals Quiz Champion, Easy Puzzle Play Champion, Fly Eatin Champion, Winter Mahjong Champion, Pile Driver Champion, Spell it right! Champion, Merry Christmas Special Hidden Object Champion, Christmas Stall Hidden Objects Champion, La Belle Lucie Champion, Grid Games - Chain Reactor Champion, Combo Poker Champion, Rowowor Champion, Savvygram Champion, Word Burst Champion, More Crazy Animals Champion, 1 Word 10 Tries Champion, Electro Magnetic Champion, Batman vs Joker Memory Balls Champion
    Blog Entries

Root or Tailteaser, when are BLTs being served? You gotta help out a fellow cracker with bandages. Thank the good Lord the stitches come out next Thursday. Luv ya both. I can remember many years ago when I was "suzy Homemaker" with a huge garden in upstate NY and canning fresh veggies.

Likes ROOT, TailTeaser liked this post

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

You know someday I may learn to think of what I am saying before I say it. Although if I do that VV would not have as much ammunition tu find and use. Jeez!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast