Googlemeister Disco Bowling Champion
    PALM COAST, Florida "The Greatest Place on Earth"
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Netflix ~ In or out?

Netflix announced back in July a major change in they're operating procedure and business model, splitting their online and disc business's which ultimately resulted in a price increase to consumers of up to 60% to retain what they had been getting.....
    First they lost 800,000 accounts and as of yesterday their stock shares dropped 30%... This is the company that almost single handedly put the major video stores out of business along with the Mom -n- Pop video stores around the country.

Was it just a poor decision? or rather a reflection of today's retail market where customers are beginning to exert a demand to be treated fairly, and will no longer accept that they are just sheep, ordered to follow whatever corporate America ha to dish out?
    http://www.usatoday.com/video/index..../1238987872001

Founder Blooming Gardens Champion, Boxing History and Trivia Champion oldsailor55's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We had them for a while, we loved the documentaries, but didn't like the movie selection. They have a lot of movies to watch, many are not worth watching. Another good thing was that some TV series were available, so you could watch the whole season at once. If you have little kids, I think it would be a good value at $8 month.

They lost the Stars network movies, which hurt them more than all the blunders of price shifting. The CEO's managed to bring a growing company to its knees.

Chum Churner Jason's Pong Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Apprentice - Dairy Queen Champion, Bogan Surf Champion, Cooking Cookies Champion, Save the Goldfish Champion, Cube Tema Strategy Champion, Pancake Tosser Champion, Tomato Bounce Champion, Turtle Shot Champion, Osmose Mah Jong Champion, Urban Mahjongg Chase Champion, Mahjong Pinguy Champion, Zodiac Leo Mahjong Champion, Sparky Mahjong Champion, Shopping City Champion, Kick Up Champion, Bra Drop Champion, Laser Jumper Champion, Hamster Flight Champion, HeliStrike v32 Champion, Street Race in LA Champion, FUTS90 - First Ultimate Table Soccer Champion, Typotron Champion, Zombie Toss Champion, Discover Paris Champion, Bush Wars Last Episode:Attack of The Shoes Champion, Please Save Me! Champion, Target Finder Champion, Das Boom Champion, Scout Games Champion, Where Is My Left Sock? Champion, Papa's Taco Mia! Champion, Dingo Pingo 3 Champion, Fried Chicken Restaurant Champion, Burning Balls Champion, Instruments Trivia by FlashGamesFan.com Champion, The Apothecary's cellar Champion, Zoo Mahjongg Champion, Hidden Beers Champion, MasterGeometry Champion, Rejected Summer Games Champion, Snot Eater Champion, Snowboarding Santa Champion, Algar Champion, Ba Ba Lian Lian Kan Mahjong Champion, Rows N Dots Easy Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

They have been declining, and when that 30% flop hit Tues.
    I couldnt believe it!
    I got out of a short position that I had on the stock just in time. They have lost around 12billion in just 104 days. Thats something around 75% of their market value.

They have really taken a beating.........and they were such a wall street "darling". If I were an investor that had people picking stocks for me and netflix was still in my portfolio I would be PISSED.

Citigroup, JP Morgan and Goldman sachs knocked them down to a neutral rating on Tues.

What was Reed Hastings thinking when he increased the subscription price during hard economic times?

Even though the possibility of a takeover from another company might keep their stock prices from hitting rock bottom Im steering clear of what looks like bad management and an unsustainable business model.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell
    ~Don't even think about it! ~

Stikini Slayer Penguin Pass Champion, Block n Roll Champion, Attack Of The Fan Girls Champion, Falafel King Champion, Donkey Tail Champion, Little Protectors Champion, When Penguins Attack TD Champion, Grid Iron Champion, Z-Wars Champion, Tribal Jungle Fruit Quest Champion, Open Source Rock Paper Scissors Champion, Nature Race Champion, DirtyColor Champion, American 8-Ball Pool Champion, Gumball Line-up Champion, Digi-Digi Champion, SevenYo! Champion, Firebug 2 Champion, hit the target Champion, Guns Defense Champion, Robot In The Hole Champion, Chicken Licken Champion, Gemollection Players Pack Champion, Fred's Pick Up Tour 3 Champion, Korrode Champion, Zaptonia Defense Champion, The Eggs Mystery Champion, Underwater TD Champion, Easter Defence Champion, CrissCross Champion, Rooftop Sniper Champion, Dragon Ambush 2 Champion, Zombie Smash Tower Defense Champion, US Border TD Champion, Underworld TD Champion, Zombie Trailer Park Champion, Potion Panic 2 Champion, WDYK? 3 Urban Lingo Champion, Bloons Tower Defense 4 Champion, Medicine Dealer Champion, The Blocks Revenge Champion, Animal Catcher Champion, Zombie Disposal Champion, Omg Scary Smiley Champion, The Flame Champion, TumbleDots Champion, Politricks Champion, Pirates Champion, City Digger Champion, redwhite slice Champion, Grammachnophobia Champion, Tabla Champion, Pixelshocks' Tower Defence II Champion, DropSum Champion, Blackbeard's Island Deluxe Champion, Short History of the World Champion, Anatomicus Anatomy Game Champion, Socium Champion, Magic Defense Champion, Bowmaster Champion, Kingdom Of Saguenay TD Champion, Ninjas vs Pirates TD 3 Champion, WasteLand Defender v2 Champion, Red Red Champion, Lucky Coins Champion, Handless Millionaire 2 Champion, TOTWO DARK Champion, Take a Walk Champion, Beat Chaser 2 Champion, 1 Will Survive Champion, Lines Game - Master Champion, Mickey Ball Champion, Windowcleaner Eyetoygame Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Like My netflix since I don't have TV and we have had it since 2002, I feel kinda bad I haven't cancelled because I value the 1400 or so ratings I have and expected a reversal of the really bad decision they made. I am a very profitable customer because I don't maximise my at home movies by watching and returning quickly but we too have seriously considered dropping them if this doesn't get fixed.

http://www.hackingnetflix.com has this on the front page
    WSJ's Jenkins Thinks Netfix Isn't Doomed

Holman W. Jenkins from The Wall Street Journal takes a look at the recent problems at Netflix, Netflix Isn't Doomed.
    The hidden lesson of Netflix's fall from grace is that content markets will remain fragmented. In the future, you'll still need a search engine and a credit card, and you still won't find what you're looking for. In such a world, there's no reason Netflix can't survive and prosper with a streaming proposition that amounts to "all the content that $8 per month will get you."
    In such a world, it will become clear that Netflix's great innovation was not the discovery that there's a market for streamed content (which surprised nobody). Netflix's great innovation was a price point—a bunch of choices for less than the price of a movie ticket. One strength of this business model is that others with TV ambitions (Apple, Amazon, Google, HBO, the cablers) won't feel a need to challenge it directly. They'll do better to make their own niches and charge a price that rewards them for being different.
    what this doesn't address is the cost of a high speed connection and they have made the at home movies even more crippled by asking and extra fee for blue ray which don't stream . Hulu is doing OK but I am dismayed by the fact both Hulu and CBS require a Dish network log in to watch the next day . now if I were paying for commercial free I would be all over that but its not they have just as many if not more commercials than over the air and the nonsense on TV isn't worth what the asking price is.
    there is no proof whatsoever that the first word of it is truthful. Not one "fact" is has been corroborated

Founder Mahjongg 3D Tile Set 1 Champion, Gorillaz Tiles Champion, Nile Tiles Champion, Snow Day Champion, Food Mahjong Champion, Calculation Solitaire Champion, Calculation Solitaire Easy Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We bailed, to much money for crappy movies.

Googlemeister Disco Bowling Champion
    PALM COAST, Florida "The Greatest Place on Earth"
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Netflix had started out with great selections and it does not get more convienant than browse and pick, however they started about 2 years ago short cutting. When everyone else was offering 720 and even 1080 vertical lines they choose to stick with 360 and 480, With highspeed broadband connections there is no reason that they would limit themselves other than bandwidth fee's/

I became a netflix customer about 4 years ago, I have endured I think 4 price increases and never changed. There were months that I wouldn't access a movie or maybe 2 the whole month. I did use it a lot when I first got it, mostly catching up on shows from HBO & Cinemax that I no longer subscribe to either in an attempt to keep my cable down.

Well this was the last straw for me, when they split the service subscribed me to both and the bill became like 18.00 per month... I wouldn't go back now if they offered both for $5.00 per month combined and its all on principal.

The claim 24 million customers, at 8.00 a month that gross is around 200 million dollars or 2.4 BILLION per year, and they needed 60% more? pfffttttt....See ya! but thanks I ve found ways to get stuff newer than they had even in blue ray at less cost! They drove me to seek those outlets out... So enjoy yourself Mr. Netflix Corporation, .. No hard Feelings!
    Likes TailTeaser, ROOT liked this post