Marshtackie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default PrimeCare at Town Center

hubby was in pain. couldn't get into our primary care doctor for a few days, and could not convince him to go to the er. finally he agreed to go to "one of those walk-in clinics". took him to PrimeCare. what a terrfic experience. first the reception was very friendly. the required paperwork was done very quickly. we waited maybe 8 minutes before we were taken into an exam room. Dr. Elizabeth Le was the doctor on duty and she was terrfic. Nice mannerisms, spoke clearly, was gentle during her exam and showed true concern over his pain.
    turns out he has a pulled hamstring muscle (ouch). he was given 2 shots (one for pain and the other a muscle relaxer). had us wait 20 minutes to make sure there was no reaction to the meds. gave him a note for work and a prescription for muscle relaxers.
    we went back out to the desk to settle up. we both figured this would be the point of the visit that would be the most painful.have to say we were pleasantly surprised when we were told with our insurance co-pay it was only $25.00 (according to his insurance card, this type of visit has a $40.00 co-pay). the receptionist said they have worked out alternatives with a lot of insurance companies for a lower co-pay, his being one of them.
    I wouldn't hesitate to use this office again. Clean, professional and very personable.
    For now they are open Monday - Friday from 8-8. as business picks up they will expand their hours to weekends and late nights.
    located at 21 Hospital Drive, next to the Flagler Hospital.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: PrimeCare at Town Center

Nice to know!

Hope your hubs is on the mend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope your hubby feels better real soon! Thanks for the info!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went there when my painful hip got just too painful to ignore, because I'm in between primary doctors right now. Hip and groin pain is rather difficult to diagnose, but right there I got an x ray, a referral to an orthopedist, and an order for an mri.
    Had the doctor not done x rays that day, I likely would still be limping. Many docs would have just written a prescription for a painkiller and sent me on my way. This place saved me a lot of time and money by getting to the cause of the problem quickly. I had surgery a few weeks later.
    I've also taken my kid there because I can NEVER get an appointment with her doctor when the kid is sick.

Googlemeister Disco Bowling Champion
    PALM COAST, Florida "The Greatest Place on Earth"
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great News and a good review THANK YOU!
    "Zipity Do Da, Zipity Day, My oh My what a Wonderful Day"
    Plenty of Sunshine - Not much rain!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been there myself for a knife cut to the hand (FAST, LOW CO-PAY, FRIENDLY, ETC.) Need to stay out of the kitchen!

Cracklin Mahjong Champion Cher43's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the review deb..next time we need a place like that instead of MediQuick I would go there...
    Hope your husband feels better soon!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very good news and thank you for sharing with us
    Life would suck, if we were all the same!

Marshtackie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as much as i would like to come back on here and say we had yet another great experience ay the urgent care center yesterday, i can't.
    hubby was still in horrible pain, couldn't see our family physician until next week. went back to urgent care. it was kinda weird: different receptionist who immediately questioned why we came back instead of seeing our primary care dr. i told her about the wait and added, "we had such a wonderful experience here last week and we raelly like Dr. Le." she snapped back "she isn't here today, you will see another doctor". and we had to pay before we saw the doctor, unlike last time.the nurse was different too (started to seem like a twlight zone episode). she had the sniffles (lovely, we felt comfy with that...not). in walked dr. milton. he said "well you were here last month (yes, it was september 30th). you need to see an orthopedic and have an MRI " (and started to leave the room). i said , "excuse me, Dr Le said it was a hamstring injury and to put ice on it" Dr. Milton "oh no, heat, always heat. you can go to 10 doctors and get 10 different opinions" and walked out the door. once we picked our mouths up off of the floor, i asked the nurse, "what the hell was that?" she said, " i don't know what you expected us to do." whoa...i was pissed. i said "when we were here last week, I couldn't wait to get home to sing your praises about our great experience on local forums, now i know i can't wait to get home to retract them". she shrugged.
    unless DR. Le is there, i just wouldn't bother. sorry if i misled you.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deb, I went to Primecare and loved Dr. Le, too! I had the flu and a sinus infection. She prescribed Tamiflu and an antibiotic. Monday, the sinus infection was worse and I had finished the antibiotic. I called in, left a message for the nurse and explained. Dr. Le wasn't there but whomever was there authorized a new antibiotic script, saving me a trip to their office! I had to pay upfront the one time I was there and my copay was the same as it is everywhere else so I certainly can't complain.

My hubby has been there several times too and just loves how quick and easy it is to get in and out. No long waits like the other places.