Thread: flaglerorganics

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default flaglerorganics

Just found this and thought I would share,
    does anyone here know anything about this?
    http://www.flaglerorganics.com

How it works is simple and easy. We like easy.
    We have an annual membership fee of $15. Each share equals about 30lbs for fresh organic produce. Depending on the season, each share will have a mixture of 7 or 8 vegetables and 5 or 6 fruits. Special orders are welcome in quantity. A share is enough food for 2 people who eat fruits and vegetables as a mainstay in their diet. Every Thursday your share of food will be distributed into a basket. As a member, you pick up your basket each week and exchange the basket for another the following week. Please clean your basket before you return it. We ask that once a month you help distribute the food. That s it! Share and enjoy your food with your family.
    Shares
    Cost
    Quantity
    One Share (Large Family)
    30 Lbs of Fruits and Vegetables
    $45
    Half Share (Small Family)
    15 Lbs of Fruits and Vegetable
    $25

Seasonal Fruits

• Hand Fruits
      • Apples, Pears, Grapes

• Berries
      • Strawberries, Raspberries, Blueberries, Blackberries

• Melons
      • Cantaloupe, Honeydew, Watermelon

• Tropical Fruit
      • Mangos, Bananas, Pineapple, Kiwi

• Citrus
      • Lemons, Limes, Oranges, Tangerines, Grapefruit

Seasonal Vegetables
    • Green Vegetables
      • Cauliflower, Broccoli, Cabbage, Spinach, Kale, Sprouts, Asparagus, Artichokes, Beans, Peas

• Root Vegetables
      • Potatoes, Beets, Onions, Sweet Potatoes, Carrots, Radishes, Leeks

• Leafy Greens
      • Red leaf, Romaine, Butter Lettuce, Chard, Kale, Arugula, Escarole, Water Crest, Bok Choy

• Herbs
      • Garlic, Ginger, Parsley, Cilantro, Rosemary, Mint, Basil, Thyme

• Others
      • Eggplant, Mushrooms, Corn, Tomatoes, Scallions, Cucumbers, Peppers, Hard Squash

Typical share Subject to Season
    Apples Tangelos
    Kiwi
    Lemons
    Berries
    Bananas

Broccoli Leafy Greens
    Romaine
    Zucchini
    Onions
    Tomatoes
    Cucumbers
    Herbs
    Sweet Potatoes

Told you we like it easy.
    The types of food you receive will vary according to season and availability. We try to purchase mainly from local growers.
    The Food Buying Club will only purchase from farmers and distributors that uphold safe healthy organic food farming and practices. While the Food Buying Club has been created to assist the Flagler County Community, people living outside the immediate area are invited to join.
    Organic Fruits Only Basket Member ($35.00)
    Features a variety of 7 – 8 fruits weighing approximately 20-25 lbs. Just as in our half share and full share family baskets, we focus on purchasing seasonal and locally grown fruits. This basket has a nice variety of staple fruits such as bananas, apples and grapes as well as one or two tropical fruits.
    Organic Fruit Add-On Basket ($15.00)
    Features a variety of 4-5 “kid-friendly” organic fruits weighing approximately 10-12 lbs. A typical fruit add-on basket may contain:

• Bananas

• Apples

• Grapes

• Oranges

The organic fruit add-on basket allows you to add an extra selection of fruit to the full and half share memberships. You do not need to have additional deposits or fees to receive the organic fruit add-on basket, however we do ask that you order in advance.
    Please note that the Add-On baskets can only be ordered in addition to member shares, and not by themselves.
    Pick up and Deliveries

We understand that not everyone can pick up on the Harvest Day. Most moms and dads are working and are unable to stop doing everything to pick up their shares. We have a solution. We can deliver. Many of our members already take advantage of our delivery service. For $15 a month we can deliver your fresh organic produce to your door. Once a month we will deliver your non-perishable items too. Just let us know that you want to take advantage of our delivery service.
    Eating organically has never been easier.
    http://www.flaglerorganics.com/how-it-works

Cracklin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: flaglerorganics

We have been working with a local fruit person to try and set up something similar, but I could not put the "how to do it" together with my thoughts. Thanks for the site!!!

If things work out like we are hoping we are going to have a farmers market each Sunday or at least once a month. Will know more next week!!!

Horse Whisperer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This looks interesting, I will check into this....
    My life will be measured by the moments that took my breath away.......

Horse Whisperer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats even better Curley.... I would be so interested in buying there from you, how are the BBQ thoughts going?
    My life will be measured by the moments that took my breath away.......

Cracklin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the zoning stuff is done, we are waiting....waiting....waiting...and waiting more for St Johns water management to get their stuff ready, before we can get the permit for the "shack" part of BBQ Shack!! But it is going, just slower than I would like.

I made one of the receipes at a bbq the other day we had, and everyone loved it, so that was a good thing!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wish I had known about this sooner! Missed pick up date by 1 day! Well, guess I will get it set up for next week... Thanks for the great info!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A friend of mine brought the literature by to me on this organization. She says the vegetables and fruit are out of this world. All organic. She says for the money you really get a lot of produce. They expanded to an additional pick-up site in the F section. I'm gonna try it out next week and I'll let you guys know

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nikkismom View Post
    A friend of mine brought the literature by to me on this organization. She says the vegetables and fruit are out of this world. All organic. She says for the money you really get a lot of produce. They expanded to an additional pick-up site in the F section. I'm gonna try it out next week and I'll let you guys know
    Thanks, I just have not taken the time to call them yet
    From what I see most of the produce is from local farmers and its all organic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, glad to meet everyone here. We are Flagler Organics. We make organic produce affordable for everyone.

We are an organic food buying club that is simply the best deal around for fresh organic produce at below retail prices. We guarantee it.

Visit our site and learn what we are about. There is no other single action we can take that impacts our world more , present and future, than the choice we make about our food.

Take a look at last weeks Harvest Day.

Lets us know how we can help you with your organic produce needs.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flaglerorganics, Glad you joined!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to crackercoast Flaglerorganics, I well be calling you soon as things slow down for me