Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: Does anyone have a tankless water heater

Has anyone else noticed that these "replacement" items are often replacing what people call "Builders Grade" items? They all say that the house you had built was built with builder's grade everything and most contractors will not replace with builder's grade items.

I am losing my mind, right? Like my window. Estimate to replace with a double pane solar repelling glass, double hung, swing out for easy cleaning, was priced at just over $800. I was told all about how great the window was and how much it would save me. Now get this, all the other dam windows in the place are "Builder's Grade" so one "Upgraded" window is useless to change much in energy savings.

I think they wear glasses that allow them to look into my bank account and notice some "Extra" money. By the way, this window is the one that we simply did not shut properly which two professionals looked at and did not notice. By chance I was standing there by that window and noticed a slight breeze. Looking closer, I closed the window and locked it......no more problems.....cost.....$0!!!!!!!

I am done now, going to look for some jokes, funny or not!
    Likes ROOT liked this post

Stikini Slayer Penguin Pass Champion, Block n Roll Champion, Attack Of The Fan Girls Champion, Falafel King Champion, Donkey Tail Champion, Little Protectors Champion, When Penguins Attack TD Champion, Grid Iron Champion, Z-Wars Champion, Tribal Jungle Fruit Quest Champion, Open Source Rock Paper Scissors Champion, Nature Race Champion, DirtyColor Champion, American 8-Ball Pool Champion, Gumball Line-up Champion, Digi-Digi Champion, SevenYo! Champion, Firebug 2 Champion, hit the target Champion, Guns Defense Champion, Robot In The Hole Champion, Chicken Licken Champion, Gemollection Players Pack Champion, Fred's Pick Up Tour 3 Champion, Korrode Champion, Zaptonia Defense Champion, The Eggs Mystery Champion, Underwater TD Champion, Easter Defence Champion, CrissCross Champion, Rooftop Sniper Champion, Dragon Ambush 2 Champion, Zombie Smash Tower Defense Champion, US Border TD Champion, Underworld TD Champion, Zombie Trailer Park Champion, Potion Panic 2 Champion, WDYK? 3 Urban Lingo Champion, Bloons Tower Defense 4 Champion, Medicine Dealer Champion, The Blocks Revenge Champion, Animal Catcher Champion, Zombie Disposal Champion, Omg Scary Smiley Champion, The Flame Champion, TumbleDots Champion, Politricks Champion, Pirates Champion, City Digger Champion, redwhite slice Champion, Grammachnophobia Champion, Tabla Champion, Pixelshocks' Tower Defence II Champion, DropSum Champion, Blackbeard's Island Deluxe Champion, Short History of the World Champion, Anatomicus Anatomy Game Champion, Socium Champion, Magic Defense Champion, Bowmaster Champion, Kingdom Of Saguenay TD Champion, Ninjas vs Pirates TD 3 Champion, WasteLand Defender v2 Champion, Red Red Champion, Lucky Coins Champion, Handless Millionaire 2 Champion, TOTWO DARK Champion, Take a Walk Champion, Beat Chaser 2 Champion, 1 Will Survive Champion, Lines Game - Master Champion, Mickey Ball Champion, Windowcleaner Eyetoygame Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, It takes serious Juice to heat water "instantly" A 100 amp breaker is Serious electricity. I only needed a 60 amp for the massive spa at the ranch using #4 wire.
    Using the figures below you can see that an average 8 minute shower uses 20 gallons of water (2.5 gallons per minute) at 106 degrees Fahrenheit. That means you need to raise the temp 66 Degrees x 8.35 BTU's x 20= 11,220 BTU in 0.133.. hours that's 3.29 KWh total or a 24,675 Watt heating element that would draw 103 AMPS My entire houses service is only 100 Amps That is like having three cooking stoves with all the burners and ovens on high.

I just believe solar is a no-brainer here in Florida. were we receive 6kWh/m2 /day while on the other hand I also think that the subsidy's for alternative power keep the prices artificially inflated. A solar water heater tank's only difference is that it has an extra set of inlets and outlets yet it cost three times as much WTF .

Also if your a DIYer like me you can't get the rebates because they require a contractor but your still forced to pay the inflated cost for subsidized materials. You can build a DIY collector for $5/ft2 that performs just about as well as a commercial collector that costs $25+/ft2 Comercial systems cost totals are nearly 8 times the cost of proven DIY projects you can find here http://builditsolar.com/index.htm and then there is permitting by the city and county, which I understand do not want to see a bunch of homemade ugly crap on roofs. DIY is not for just anyone. But The concept of heating water with sunlight is so simple and efficient it should be required in Florida.

looking at details of how much it can save look at this example which would supply more than enough for our house and we like the water to be extra hot.

The British Thermal Unit, BTU, equals the amount of energy that is needed to raise the temperature of one pound of water by one degree Fahrenheit.
    So then, you would need 8.35 BTU's to raise one gallon one degree (as one gallon is the equivalent of 8.35 pounds of water).
    A 4'x10' panel can capture up to 72K BTU on a clear Day

If the tap water is on average 60 degrees and you want really hot water at 160F.
    To raise the temp 100 degrees you need 835 BTU (0.2447385KWh) per gallon so an efficient panel would give you (72,000/835)= 86 gallons of scalding hot water a day while covering just 40ft2 (4'x10') of your roof .

72k BTU/day = 21KWh/day = $2.05/day** of 'Free' energy, that's a $61 a month reduction in your electric bill* and no worries about using extra hot water for the dishes or clothes, hell I might even start using Hot water to wash the driveway

* assuming you already use this much Hot water
    ** Figured using $0.0954 per KWH which is the effective rate on my bill today
    there is no proof whatsoever that the first word of it is truthful. Not one "fact" is has been corroborated

Cracker Bytch Fling a Thing Champion, Deep Freeze Champion, J B Snowman Punch Champion, Operatin Maboule Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Save water...

Shower with a friend
    Likes Jeannie liked this post

Stikini Slayer Penguin Pass Champion, Block n Roll Champion, Attack Of The Fan Girls Champion, Falafel King Champion, Donkey Tail Champion, Little Protectors Champion, When Penguins Attack TD Champion, Grid Iron Champion, Z-Wars Champion, Tribal Jungle Fruit Quest Champion, Open Source Rock Paper Scissors Champion, Nature Race Champion, DirtyColor Champion, American 8-Ball Pool Champion, Gumball Line-up Champion, Digi-Digi Champion, SevenYo! Champion, Firebug 2 Champion, hit the target Champion, Guns Defense Champion, Robot In The Hole Champion, Chicken Licken Champion, Gemollection Players Pack Champion, Fred's Pick Up Tour 3 Champion, Korrode Champion, Zaptonia Defense Champion, The Eggs Mystery Champion, Underwater TD Champion, Easter Defence Champion, CrissCross Champion, Rooftop Sniper Champion, Dragon Ambush 2 Champion, Zombie Smash Tower Defense Champion, US Border TD Champion, Underworld TD Champion, Zombie Trailer Park Champion, Potion Panic 2 Champion, WDYK? 3 Urban Lingo Champion, Bloons Tower Defense 4 Champion, Medicine Dealer Champion, The Blocks Revenge Champion, Animal Catcher Champion, Zombie Disposal Champion, Omg Scary Smiley Champion, The Flame Champion, TumbleDots Champion, Politricks Champion, Pirates Champion, City Digger Champion, redwhite slice Champion, Grammachnophobia Champion, Tabla Champion, Pixelshocks' Tower Defence II Champion, DropSum Champion, Blackbeard's Island Deluxe Champion, Short History of the World Champion, Anatomicus Anatomy Game Champion, Socium Champion, Magic Defense Champion, Bowmaster Champion, Kingdom Of Saguenay TD Champion, Ninjas vs Pirates TD 3 Champion, WasteLand Defender v2 Champion, Red Red Champion, Lucky Coins Champion, Handless Millionaire 2 Champion, TOTWO DARK Champion, Take a Walk Champion, Beat Chaser 2 Champion, 1 Will Survive Champion, Lines Game - Master Champion, Mickey Ball Champion, Windowcleaner Eyetoygame Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy McDugal View Post
    Save water...

Shower with a friend
    We DO , another Benefit to the 4x4 shower, it's just we have been getting Fatter and need a 5x5 now LOL
    there is no proof whatsoever that the first word of it is truthful. Not one "fact" is has been corroborated

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy McDugal View Post
    Save water...

Shower with a friend
    Of course That is likely to increase shower time to include an intermission and reprise Quadrupling the amount of water used.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12