Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425

Thread: Recreational Marijuana in Florida? Voters to decide sheriffs oppose Profits not safety

Default Re: Medical marijuana in Florida? Voters to decide sheriffs oppose Profits not safety

Re: Why sheriffs oppose medical pot: Profits, not public safety

Originally Posted by friedshrimp
    Sorry, but I disagree. Either way, enough of the name calling and expressing of opinions as if they were fact on this thread. I've stated my position, I've stated why, and I've stated how I'm going to vote. No one here will change that. Y'all want to go round and round high-fiving over how great drugs are, go for it but I'm done with this thread.

WTF Mamabear Remains dazed and confused about this post

Default Re: Why sheriffs oppose medical pot: Profits, not public safety

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeDoodle View Post
    THC levels in marijuana flowers are generally between 3 percent and 15 percent.
    Not even close Prohibition lead to innovation and concentration by passionate people and the markets financial incentive despite legal manufacturing restrictions.
    "What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

Now would you rather this unstopable force continue to pass right through the imovable laws?

Or would you rather put a steering wheel on it ?

An adiquate steering wheel to decriminilize and remove supply incentive through the black market.

Earth's Strongest Strains 2014

By Nico Escondido · Wed Apr 23, 2014

Yes, you read that correctly! Our annual review of the world’s most potent cannabis strains -- as tested by our partner labs around the globe -- has taken another big step forward, raising the bar this year to include only strains that have tested at over 23 percent THC! This represents a significant increase from years past, when the threshold was a mere 20 percent, and it’s surely a testament to our growing culture, legalization efforts and, of course, the cultivation skills and genetics trading of those setting the pace on the new frontiers in Colorado, Washington and California.
    As an added bonus, and in celebration of HIGH TIMES' 40th anniversary this year, we’re including an up-to-date list of the 40 Strongest Strains of All Time (which is to say, since we began lab-testing the entries at every one of our Cannabis Cups, covering three years, six different cities and 15 Cups in the US and abroad). Prepare to have your mind blown!
    2013: A Record-Setting Year
    Aside from 2013 being the first year since 1937 that the possession and recreational use of marijuana for adults 21 and older was legal anywhere in the US (thank you, Colorado), it would appear that the cannabis gods had a couple of other firsts in store for us as well.
    For instance, before the Denver ’13 Cup, the strongest strain entry ever tested at any High Times Cannabis Cup was 25.49 percent THC. In 2013,
    that record was broken -- six times! LA pulled off that trick twice at the Cup there in February, and then Denver did it four times in April, with the heaviest-hitting strain going over 28 percent.
    Of course, a major challenge for the competition crew here at HIGH TIMES is maintaining consistency in the lab results reported by our partner labs in the various cities that host our Cup competitions. And you, as a loyal reader, may have noticed (as did the author of this article, who also created HT’s Scorebook rating system) that since the inception of this annual report some three years ago, the THC values we’re reporting have become higher with each passing year.
    Of course, with dozens of medical marijuana initiatives, outright legalization in a couple of states, the availability of great grow information and the ease of today’s genetics trade, one might think that this rise in THC potency is inevitable. On the other hand, maintaining consistency among labs in terms of the cannabinoid standards (profiles) they use and the calibration techniques for their equipment -- to say nothing of finding qualified personnel -- is a difficult task and will certainly account for some variations. But even with all that in mind, we wondered if there would be a new record set every year, or if THC levels would eventually plateau. (For more on these record THC values, see the sidebar on page 78.)
    1. Bruce Banner #3 (Strainwise – The Haven)

Denver U.S. Cannabis Cup
    Not just #1 for 2013, but also the most potent strain every tested in the history of our Cannabis Cups, the Bruce Banner was born and raised in Colorado. The #3 phenotype (appearing twice on our list for 2013) is the OG-dominant phenotype in a hybridization project that saw an OG Kush mother crossed with a Strawberry Diesel father from Reservoir Seeds.
    The male used was Kushman’s Strawberry Cough (which also appears again later) x Sour Diesel, while the OG mom is said to be that of the legendary Ghost OG from Oregon (or “Orgnkid” for our forum friends out there). That old-school Ghost cut was circulated during the days of Overgrow.com by a person known only as “Ghost,” making the Bruce Banner a true forum freak of nature. Incidentally, that same Ghost mother was used once before to create another Strongest Strains #1—the OG Ghost Train Haze from 2011.
    But this Bruce Banner #3 may dominate the list for a while, absolutely crushing it at just over 28 percent THC. Talk about strong -- who knows what you’ll turn into after getting down with Bruce?
    2. A-Dub (Southern California Patients Association)
    Los Angeles Medical Cannabis Cup
    Representing Cali in the #2 slot, A-Dub is the latest variation of the incestuous OG/Sour D/Chem D hybrids that tend to pop up quite a bit on our Strongest Strains rosters. Officially listed as Sour Double x Alien Dog, the expanded heritage of this strain looks more like (Sour Diesel x Sour Bubble) x (Alien Technology x Chemdog), where the Alien Tech is equal to a pure land- race indica. Still, the effects of this strain are more balanced than indica-heavy, and the flavor is sweeter than you might think.
    3. R-18 (Denver Relief)

Denver Medical Cannabis Cup
    An epic phenotype of OG Kush, the R-18 is reminiscent of the old OG #18 released by Reserva Privada years ago, with a more distinct Sour Diesel flavor and fuely undertones from the Chem lineage. Taking home a first-place win in the Hybrid Cup at the Denver ’13 Cup, this strain was unusual insofar as most super-potent strains usually fail even to place at Cup competitions. The fact that this girl climbed to over 27 percent THC while also boasting the terpenoid profile necessary to win over a majority of judges indicates that this is not only a keeper cut, but likely a repeat champion for years to come.
    4. Tickle Kush (Greenwerkz – Denver)
    An F1 hybrid of Chemdog x LA Kush, this strain entry is one of two on this list that was grown from seed, not clone -- once again demonstrating the potential power of hybrid vigor, as the Tickle Kush surpassed the 27 percent mark in THC. Also noteworthy was the coco-coir medium that this strain was cultivated in. Of the 15 strains on this list, seven were grown in coco coir, seven were grown in soilless mix, and one was grown in rockwool.
    5. Blue Cookies (TLMD Collective)

Los Angeles Medical
    Cannabis Cup
    Another new and unique hybrid, Blue Cookies gets her strength from her mom, Girl Scout Cookies, and her flavor from her dad, a pure Blueberry. This indica-heavy cross does best grown in soil indoors and finishes a few days early when compared to the straight-up GSC.
    6. Bruce Banner #3 (Artisanal Medicinals)
    Here she is again, and deservedly so: When the cut is true and she’s grown right, the Bruce Banner cannot be stopped! Falling just two points below her sister at #1, this version of the #3 phenotype appeared around the same time for the Denver ’13 Cup. Both entries were propagated from clone and grown indoors in soilless mixes, but this girl went a week longer in flowering, according to the entry-form reports. Still, we’re guessing we’ll see her again this 4/20 in Denver as she tries to take home a Cup.
    7. Veganic Strawberry Cough (Kushman Genetics)
    Seattle US Cannabis Cup
    A Haze-dominant sativa, the Strawberry Cough retains nearly all of the characteristics of your typical Haze strains -- the one exception here is flavor, which comes through exceptionally strong, with a real berry taste. Officially listed on the entry forms as a cross between the fabled Strawberry Fields and a pure Haze, this strain crossed the 25 percent mark for the first time in a Cup competition in 2013. And this won’t be the last time you see her on this list—in fact, she appears again at #14 ....
    8. Veganic Girl Scout Cookies
    (Private Stock LA/Buds & Roses)
    Denver U.S. Cannabis Cup
    Entered into the Mixed Flowers category at the first-ever U.S. Cannabis Cup held in Denver last year (our new stateside competition for non-medical marijuana), this ever-popular hybrid came all the way out from her home state of California to com- pete, tipping the scales at just over 25 percent THC and taking home a first-place finish. Grown veganically in a partnership between Private Stock LA and the Buds & Roses Collective, this is one strain collaboration that is a great example of what working together with others in the industry can accomplish.
    9. Girl Scout Cookies -- Thin Mints

(The Cali Connection)
    What can we say? We didn’t name it, and we certainly didn’t breed it. In fact, there is some debate as to what exactly makes this ticket so hot. Some say Durban, while others say Cherry Pie, and still others declare some type of Grape variation .... But one thing is for sure: At least one of the parents is an OG. Officially listed by Swerve on the entry form as a Tahoe OG Kush x Cherry Pie -- with the Pie spawned by a cross of Grand Daddy Purple and Durban Poison -- this super-potent Thin Mints pheno falls a nudge under the quarter-century mark for THC.
    10. PsychOG

(Next Harvest)
    Denver U.S. Cannabis Cup
    Another twist on the OG phenomenon, this strain takes the ever-popular Headband and crosses her with the Fire OG pheno, making for a super-heavy indica hybrid that is mostly OG with a splash of Sour D. However, like most of the high- powered entries on this list, the PsychOG finished in the middle of the pack at the ’13 Denver Cup. Hitting almost 25 percent, the extra potency points here could come from the Fire OG parent, whose murky lineage has a mixture of sativas as well as some Chem D.
    11. SFV Headband (High Level Health – Colfax)

The name says it all for this fortified SFV Headband strain: By taking the traditional Headband (OG Kush x Sour Diesel) and then essentially backcrossing it with the SFV OG pheno, the crew at High Level Health lifted this entry to new heights at the Denver Cup, eclipsing the 24th percentile mark and making the list at #11.
    12. Skunkberry (Green Man Cannabis – Downtown)
    Perhaps the oldest strain on this list, the Skunkberry has been around for many years, as have her parents. Also interesting is the fact that this hybrid of Skunk and Blueberry is one of only a very few strains that continually rank among the most potent without having an OG, Chem or Haze as one of its parents. On top of that, it has one of the more memorable flavors on this list (probably for the same reason). Grown from clone indoors in a soilless mix, Skunkberry takes nine weeks to finish.
    13. Rugburn OG
    by Mark
    (Rare Dankness Seeds)
    Denver U.S. Cannabis Cup
    This OG pheno is close to an original rendition of the fabled Ghost OG (described earlier at #1), as it represents multiple backcrosses using the Ghost cut via a cross with the Rare Dankness #1. The Rugburn, officially listed as the Ghost OG x Rare Dankness #1, would look like this in its expanded genealogy: Ghost OG x [Trian- gle Kush x Triangle Kush (BX) x Ghost OG x (Ghost OG x Chem D)]. With true OG roots and a kick-in from a Chemdog cut, it’s no wonder this strain took home third place for hybrids at the 2012 Cup in Amsterdam and finds its place here again in the Stron- gest Strains of 2013.
    14. Veganic StrawberryCough
    (Kushman Genetics)
    Denver US Cannabis Cup
    Hitting the big board twice this year, the Veganic Strawberry Cough has solidified itself now as another perennial strain that, when raised under the proper conditions, simply blasts off the THC charts. Culti- vated directly by Mr. Kyle Kushman -- as was the previously listed #7 from Seattle --
    this strain was grown using Pure Life VegaMatrix, a vegan-organic nutrient line created by the former HT cultivation editor himself. Veganic, tasty, potent and impressive, the Cough took home third place in the Mixed Flowers category at the first-ever U.S. Cannabis Cup held in D-town last year.
    15. Jesus OG Kush (The Closet)

This indica-dominant hybrid takes its ironic name from its parents: Hells Angels OG x Jack the Ripper. An F1 cross using TGA genetics and grown from seed, the Jesus OG Kush rounds out our Top 15 for 2013 at just under 24% THC, showing yet again that an OG pheno mixed with a Hazey sativa is a recipe for serious potency. Moreover, with the last entry on our list showing this level of THC, it becomes evident that the threshold for the world’s strongest strains is climbing.
    OMG ROOT OMG

Default Re: First U.S. marijuana cafe opens for business in Portland

Quote Originally Posted by Crone3 View Post

It is about time!! Whether it is liked or not, marijuana problems come more from defiance of the governmant policies here, than general useage. It should be taxed and the laws of DUI or DWI followed the same as for alcohol. But used in a person's living room during a ball game, etc..and if the person is "cool" and stays home then, why not get the taxes from it?
    If you like it or not, our prisons are holding these users and your taxes pay to feed and house them. We could use the space and ..why should we pay to house them when people are going to do this anyway and we could get the taxes? I am not saying we should legalize life endangering HARD drugs? I am saying pot is not one. These are not dangerous prisoners and jailing them is too costly. We do not need more prisons built at huge expense. We need parents teaching thier kids common sense and pot smokers released. Why are pedophiles released, but teen or young adult pot smokers held?
    Our farmers, at least, should be able to grow hemp. That is a cousin and male plant to the kind smoked, has such a low level of THC you cannot get high anyway, is more durable and longer lasting for clothing fibers and we pay millions in YOUR taxes each year for the governmant to buy the plants from Canada to make the ropes that tether the HUGE naval ships to shore. We have to pay for the hemp fibers..then pay import taxes on top! Why not give that business to American small farmers that are hurting and would jump at a chance to grow this crop?! By doing so, we also end the costly import taxes the government pays to Canada.
    Hemp seed oil is one of the best/nutritious oils a person can consume (feel free to look up that fact online-I encourage you to "Google" that!) and you cannot get high from that oil in cooking, either. That, at least, can be legally sold in health food stores here in the states? I know the DuPonts made "Reefer Madness," because they had so much cash invested in petrolium and lobbied to make sure the government made marijuana and hemp illegal in the United States in the 1930's, so they could KEEP making good stock dividends from petrolium..the main ingredient in their plastic products, BTW, they were also producing! They made BIG bucks in many ways from making hemp oil illegal and the help/marijuana plants, at that time, also illegal. (Because even marujuana plants, and not only hemp, can produce hemp seed oil that would have competed with their petrolium and would have lost them money in their stocks and products.) It was meant to make their stocks greatly increase, but the truth is that it was never harmful. And you can also look that up. --"Reefer Madness" is ridiculous!
    People die every day from alcohol/liver toxicity and even more from un-natural, synthetic medicines from pharmacies. In fact, phamaceuticals kill TONs more every day than pot ever will. No one has ever died from just smoking marijuana. They have died from substances people LACE it with? -But not just the natural plant. The same is true for tobacco. It is what the plant is government/company LACED with that kills you. People in NC that smoke the plant right from their gardens and do not pesticide or fertilize the plants and hand-roll..they do fine.
    We're supposed to be "land of the free." -Native Anericans were always authorized to freely smoke marijuana in religious ceremony, as it is their religious right? Wiccans also use this herb for ceremonial ritual use, but this is not "authorized" for them to use legally in ceremony. So..how are all religions "freely" allowed to worship? For these Wiccan people, I feel this is HIGHLY unconstitutional! (Another reason to legalize this herb/plant with some restrictions.)
    Granted, the laws to not drive after usage should be as for alcohol and I agree. However, our founding fathers ALL grew hemp and marijuana in their White House gardens. I have never read an account of any of them being arrested driving thier horses under the influence, have you? (Again, .ask Google. It is the truth.) Good enough for our forefathers, good enough for me. -I will, of course, adhere and not use until it is legal? But once it is, most I know agree it can be used respectfully and in a home setting where people are safely at home. And I still would not fully trust government to handle this? So I would purchase my OWN seeds, and they could tax them, but I would grow them home without pesticides or fertilizers and use no other things with the plant. Look how honest they have been with cigarettes, before the last 10 years? I hope to see this plant legalized in my lifetime, as I found it more relaxing than the more unhealthy alternatives, such as a glass of wine. (In high school I experimented, but can't now, I know, until laws are passed and I will begrudgingly conform until. Once you have a family..that is what you do?-Sigh.)
    We need this crop econmically, and the taxes from it, for durable fibers for clothing. The first jeans were made from hemp fibers and wore much longer! We need it for medical use. Without it..well, my sister had cancer of the throat 3 times and was 6'tall and 90 pounds until we convinced her to smoke it? She was able to deal with chemo better, was less sick and more hungry after and regained her weight. I think she would be dead without it and even though not legal where she lives, our family does not regret encouraging her.-Cancer free now for 14 years!-It is FAR safer than the Oxycontin MD's give out like popcorn. And LOOK at the crime coming from Oxycontin..and THAT'S not illegal? WHY NOT!?(Again...pharmaceutical profits! THAT should be off the market!)
    There would be less crime. -Warloards would have the rug pulled RIGHT out from under their illegal selling of marijuana. And this is the main problem along our southern US borders. Let us take back our native crop and tax it and benefit. -It is not a danger, except for the few lunkheads that will do it in the beginning and then drive. Always a few bad apples in the barrel. But this is no reason not to BE resonable. (And I would guess there will become--MAHD? Mothers Against High Driving?..A "given?") But pot is less a danger alcohol, I feel. Or..at minimum, not more of one.
    The government has no issue bringing it in from Canada to make ropes, using YOUR taxes, but we are not allowed? Time to stop that. And the oil, besides being edible and nutritious, makes a better fuel for cars than dirty petrolium!! The hemp milk sold in Winn Dixie..(in the organic section,) great with Nestles chocolate powder mixed in. Try it sometime. -Healthy. (Oh..I am SURE the cow/dairy milk industry would just LOVE to see rice milk, almond, soy and hemp milk prices go lower! But they are more healthy!) I'd like to see the price come down on that and until marijuana and hemp are legal, it wont. We hear every day about the bad health here in our country? We're the ones chosing what junk fuel we put into our "tanks."
    It has been too long in coming. The dominoes are starting to fall in many states. TIME to legalize hemp and marijuana and time to collect the taxes. The DuPont days are long past and hemp oil is a better, cleaner fuel and would still make plastics, but with less grunge! Time to think "green?" I would rather drink water out of a plastic bottle made of hemp oil over petrolium any day! (A plant oil, rather than a rotted dinosaur one! YUCK!)
    ..just my opinion? But I stand by it!-Lynn

(But if you don't want it llegal, please also toss out the poppy seeds in your spice pantry. Kids every day, knowing these have opium in them, make teas and smoke them to get high.-Thought you might want to know. And mace..the outter part of nutmeg? -Might as well get rid of that one too! Little did most of you parents even guess.-And then...HOW MANY plants can you get high off? Well..better get rid of your lettuce. (Lettuce opium is sold all ove the net. Oh! I could tell you stories about the strings in bananas! No matter how many you make illegal, kids will get high if they want. You CAN'T clear every plant out of the woods. Tax the pot and teach common sense and stop being nuts over it. Teach your kids common sense, responsibility and proper etiquette and stop making the government make laws for everything!)

SUN PRINCESS Rabbit Hunter Champion, Trivial Blitz Champion, 1812 Overature Champion, Map Making Champion, Moebius Syndrome Champion, Grave Robber v32 Champion, Pirates of The Caribbean Champion, Wiggi Woods Champion, Super Bobolz Champion, Splash Back Champion, Run Lil Broccoli Champion, Bill and Ben Hard v2 Champion, Juba Conmigo Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Look Alive Champion, Belter Champion, Sudoku Game Play 80 Champion, Sudoku Game Play 96 Champion, Sudoku Game Play 110 Champion, Sudoku Game Play 37 Champion, Sudoku Game Play 112 Champion, Shift Champion, Connectors Champion, Monkey Go Happy Marathon 2 Champion, Kaka Killer Champion, Dragon Warrior Dragon Scroll v32 Champion, Word Labyrinth Champion, Stackz Champion, Witch Hut Champion, Ghost Mouse Champion, Hurricane Slider Champion, Vespa Slider Champion, Mystery Stone Room Escape Champion, Wordsearch: European Countries Champion, Abyss Champion, Mystery of ancient tomb escape Champion, Beauty Bathroom Escape Champion, The I of it Champion, Bridge Crossing Champion, Stone Age Spear Champion, Caps Champion, Know Your Trivia Champion, Science quiz Champion, Movie History and Trivia Champion, Geography Quiz - Europe Champion, The Apiculturist's Laboratory Champion, Quiz Me Champion, Did You Know? Champion, Qube 2 Champion, God Save the Queen Champion, Brain Solver Champion, Pumpkin Pie Panic Champion, Speed Breakers Deluxe Champion, Rainbow Bullets Champion, Stars Champion, Puzzle Cannon Champion, Treasure Seekers: Lost Jewels Champion, Santa's Quest Champion, Christmas Zombie Defence Champion, Happy Christmas Champion, Mutant Snowmen Champion, Fort Defender Champion, Pyroclastic Flow Champion, Disc Shooting Champion, Skillshot Champion, Dungeon Escape Champion, Swing Me Champion, Slingshot Picnic Defender Champion, Polymath Number Champion, Regions of Ireland Champion, Deluminate Champion, Swapster Champion, Math Balloons Prime Numbers Champion, Hold multiples of ten Champion, Prison Escape Champion, 1 More Balloon Champion, Dupligon Champion, Pipe Twister Champion, Pixelfield Champion, Gears And Chains Spin It Champion, SamuraiBurst Champion, Chisel 2 Champion
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Medical marijuana in Florida? Voters to decide sheriffs oppose Profits not safety

That is like saying that every plant and insect in south America has been cataloged and every compound researched ! And once something has been artificially manufactured we should discard any natural sources.
    No it's not. Not even close. Actually even obtuse thinking since one has nothing to do with the other.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    Ben Franklin

Stikini Slayer Penguin Pass Champion, Block n Roll Champion, Attack Of The Fan Girls Champion, Falafel King Champion, Donkey Tail Champion, Little Protectors Champion, When Penguins Attack TD Champion, Grid Iron Champion, Z-Wars Champion, Tribal Jungle Fruit Quest Champion, Open Source Rock Paper Scissors Champion, Nature Race Champion, DirtyColor Champion, American 8-Ball Pool Champion, Gumball Line-up Champion, Digi-Digi Champion, SevenYo! Champion, Firebug 2 Champion, hit the target Champion, Guns Defense Champion, Robot In The Hole Champion, Chicken Licken Champion, Gemollection Players Pack Champion, Fred's Pick Up Tour 3 Champion, Korrode Champion, Zaptonia Defense Champion, The Eggs Mystery Champion, Underwater TD Champion, Easter Defence Champion, CrissCross Champion, Rooftop Sniper Champion, Dragon Ambush 2 Champion, Zombie Smash Tower Defense Champion, US Border TD Champion, Underworld TD Champion, Zombie Trailer Park Champion, Potion Panic 2 Champion, WDYK? 3 Urban Lingo Champion, Bloons Tower Defense 4 Champion, Medicine Dealer Champion, The Blocks Revenge Champion, Animal Catcher Champion, Zombie Disposal Champion, Omg Scary Smiley Champion, The Flame Champion, TumbleDots Champion, Politricks Champion, Pirates Champion, City Digger Champion, redwhite slice Champion, Grammachnophobia Champion, Tabla Champion, Pixelshocks' Tower Defence II Champion, DropSum Champion, Blackbeard's Island Deluxe Champion, Short History of the World Champion, Anatomicus Anatomy Game Champion, Socium Champion, Magic Defense Champion, Bowmaster Champion, Kingdom Of Saguenay TD Champion, Ninjas vs Pirates TD 3 Champion, WasteLand Defender v2 Champion, Red Red Champion, Lucky Coins Champion, Handless Millionaire 2 Champion, TOTWO DARK Champion, Take a Walk Champion, Beat Chaser 2 Champion, 1 Will Survive Champion, Lines Game - Master Champion, Mickey Ball Champion, Windowcleaner Eyetoygame Champion
    Blog Entries

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/2...uana-amendment

Go to any medicine cabinet in Polk County," Morgan said. "There you will find Xanax, Percocet, Darvocet and OxyContin. Those are much more dangerous drugs than marijuana. Those drugs kill and hook and destroy hundreds of thousands of lives and millions of family members. I would say to him, we're too smart for scare tactics. This is not a gateway drug. If it is, the next is morphine at the hospice center."

"The very argument that these sheriffs are using that they are worried about the kids getting their hands on the medical marijuana is the exact same argument the people who want gun control use," Morgan offered. "We don't want our children to get their hands on guns. So, what I would tell Grady Judd is this: Lock up your medical marijuana in your gun rack and you can kill two birds with one stone. The kids won't get to the guns and the kids won't get to the medical marijuana."
    The scent of fresh cut grass is plants screaming.
    Abolish Lawns and golf courses!
    Suppression of grasses is an inter-kingdom hate crime.
    TAX TURF NOT EARTH
    Thumbs Up sundealer, Happy liked this post

Post Port Orange OK’s Year-Long Medical Marijuana Moratorium

Port Orange, FL – Regardless of what happens at the ballot box this November, don’t expect Port Orange to embrace anything medical marijuana related for a while. By unanimous vote during their meeting on Tuesday night, the Port Orange City Council approved the 2nd reading of an ordinance placing a year-long moratorium on any kind […]

Read More at News Daytona Beach

Post Students Debating Medical Pot In Mock NSB Commission Meeting

New Smyrna Beach, FL – Around 20 or so students from New Smyrna Beach High School will spend part of Thursday doing something the Port Orange City Council is refusing to do for at least another year. Namely, debate where New Smyrna Beach should place medical marijuana dispensaries and other such related businesses. That “mock” […]

Read More at News Daytona Beach

Default He's smoking the bad hash again.

He's smoking the bad hash again.

Sheldon Adelson Adds $1 Million to Fight Against Medical Pot Legalization | FlaglerLive

flaglerlive.com
    Sheldon Adelson had contributed $5 million of the $5,842,897 raised by the "Drug Free Florida Committee" as of Sunday. The committee also spent $1,254,013 in

Facebook...

Stikini Slayer Penguin Pass Champion, Block n Roll Champion, Attack Of The Fan Girls Champion, Falafel King Champion, Donkey Tail Champion, Little Protectors Champion, When Penguins Attack TD Champion, Grid Iron Champion, Z-Wars Champion, Tribal Jungle Fruit Quest Champion, Open Source Rock Paper Scissors Champion, Nature Race Champion, DirtyColor Champion, American 8-Ball Pool Champion, Gumball Line-up Champion, Digi-Digi Champion, SevenYo! Champion, Firebug 2 Champion, hit the target Champion, Guns Defense Champion, Robot In The Hole Champion, Chicken Licken Champion, Gemollection Players Pack Champion, Fred's Pick Up Tour 3 Champion, Korrode Champion, Zaptonia Defense Champion, The Eggs Mystery Champion, Underwater TD Champion, Easter Defence Champion, CrissCross Champion, Rooftop Sniper Champion, Dragon Ambush 2 Champion, Zombie Smash Tower Defense Champion, US Border TD Champion, Underworld TD Champion, Zombie Trailer Park Champion, Potion Panic 2 Champion, WDYK? 3 Urban Lingo Champion, Bloons Tower Defense 4 Champion, Medicine Dealer Champion, The Blocks Revenge Champion, Animal Catcher Champion, Zombie Disposal Champion, Omg Scary Smiley Champion, The Flame Champion, TumbleDots Champion, Politricks Champion, Pirates Champion, City Digger Champion, redwhite slice Champion, Grammachnophobia Champion, Tabla Champion, Pixelshocks' Tower Defence II Champion, DropSum Champion, Blackbeard's Island Deluxe Champion, Short History of the World Champion, Anatomicus Anatomy Game Champion, Socium Champion, Magic Defense Champion, Bowmaster Champion, Kingdom Of Saguenay TD Champion, Ninjas vs Pirates TD 3 Champion, WasteLand Defender v2 Champion, Red Red Champion, Lucky Coins Champion, Handless Millionaire 2 Champion, TOTWO DARK Champion, Take a Walk Champion, Beat Chaser 2 Champion, 1 Will Survive Champion, Lines Game - Master Champion, Mickey Ball Champion, Windowcleaner Eyetoygame Champion
    Blog Entries

Last week the National Institute of Drug Abuse released a statement denying that pot is less toxic than alcohol, which resulted in cries of dismay from those at the HT offices and pot smokers nationwide. We decided to come up with a list of just some of the reasons weed wins over booze:
    1. Marijuana Curbs Brain Damage Caused by Drinking
    Unless you’re seriously in denial about alcohol’s negative effects, you’re probably aware that alcohol is less than good for your brain. Marijuana, however, may actually help prevent alcohol-associated brain damage and treat depression.
    2. Marijuana May Help Treat Cancers Caused by Alcohol
    Alcohol consumption is carcinogenic, and contributes to head and neck, breast, liver, esophageal and colorectal cancers. In fact, more than 19,500 cancer deaths in 2009 were deemed alcohol-related. Cannabis has been proven to help treat cancer and its symptoms.
    3. Violent Behavior vs. Utter Chillness
    Whether it’s used as an excuse for or directly causes aggression, alcohol more than any other substance promotes violent behavior. In case you’re unaware, marijuana tends to chill people out.
    4. Alcohol Addiction is Extremely Dangerous
    Alcoholism is an international problem, and withdrawal can lead to death or permanent brain damage. Cannabis addiction exists, but it is less harmful and generally less severe than addiction to other substances.
    5. One Kills People. Guess Which One.
    The first four points highlight alcohol’s lethality, but they don’t tell the whole story. Alcohol abuse kills 2.5 million people worldwide each year. The green stuff has led to exactly zero recorded deaths. Ever.
    6. Alcohol Prevents Muscle Growth
    Alcohol can prevent muscle growth in a variety of ways, from decreasing testosterone levels to interrupting sleep. Weed doesn’t directly affect muscle growth at all.
    7. One Has Legitimate Medicinal Uses
    Marijuana has a long, long list of physician-approved medical uses and the list is growing. Other than red wine’s ability to lower blood pressure, alcohol does just about nothing positive for a person’s health.
    8. Drunk Sex is Sloppy, High Sex is Tingly
    Alcohol decreases your ability to perceive stimuli. That can be a good thing when you’ve just faceplanted at a party and want to play it off like nothing. Losing feeling when you’re getting intimate, however, is pretty lame. Enter marijuana, which, as our very own Hypatia Lee can attest increases sensitivity and can improve sex.
    9. Long Term Alcohol Abuse Could Kill You
    Long-term alcohol abuse can lead to liver failure or other life-threatening conditions. Marijuana’s effects over a lifetime are still not entirely understood, but they do not include any of the potentially lethal ailments caused by alcohol.
    10. Drunks Decisions Bad, High Decisions Slow
    Alcohol leads to risky decision-making, period. That can be fun sometimes but dangerous at others. Scientist’s have yet to fully grasp marijuana’s effects on decision making, but this study shows that smokers more or less come to the same conclusions as sober peeps. They just take a little bit longer to arrive at those conclusions.
    TAX TURF NOT EARTH

Blog Entries

After the failure of Amendment 2, John Morgan talked to Channel 9 about what he thinks he did wrong, but said he's not defeated. http://at.wftv.com/1x71FUp (Warning: Explicit language)

Hear how he plans to get medical marijuana passed in 2016 on
    TAX TURF NOT EARTH

Blog Entries

Default Re: Recreational Marijuana in Florida? Voters to decide sheriffs oppose Profits not safe

A Florida state senator is asking his colleagues to take a stand for common sense by legalizing cannabis for recreational use. Sen. Dwight Bullard, chair of the Miami-Dade Democratic Party, has introduced a bill that would legalize marijuana for adults 21 and over. Rather than simply presenting the concept of legalization in a skeletal bill, Bullard’s measure creates a full-fledged system with built-in taxes and regulation. Citizens would be able to cultivate up to six plants and possess up to 2.5 ounces. The bill allows for a limited number of shops, based on the population of the city or town that houses them, and these municipalities would be permitted to ban cannabis retailers within their borders. The bill also creates a tax on marijuana, about 5% of which would be devoted to studying the effects of cannabis.
    Bullard’s bill has a slim chance of becoming law this time around. Neither the Republican-controlled Florida Senate, nor Governor Rick Scott are likely to let it go through. That Bullard brought it forward, however, is news in itself. The South has been the laggard on liberalizing marijuana policy, but slowly states are warming up to the idea. A slew of Southern states, including Florida, legalized high CBD/low THC strains for specific medical conditions (often leaving the details of acquiring such a strain to the patient). Now the Sunshine State is considering taking this idea a bit further. Bills in both the House and Senate would legalize medical marijuana for a set number of conditions, including cancer, HIV/AIDS and epilepsy. The bills are basically identical, except that the Senate version disallows smokable cannabis (at least in part because leaders in the Florida Sherifs Association believe that smokables are associated with partying, and other forms are not). Both bills were introduced by Republicans.
    Bullard’s legalization bill opens up a wider conversation, and provides cover for politicians to support the medical measure. Gradually, politicians and other leaders are becoming bolder in talking about the merits and safety of marijuana. As the Reefer Madness stigma of moral degradation wears off, lawmakers feel safer wading into commonsense policies. As this happens, the economic benefits of legalization make a powerful case.
    “Marijuana, whether medical or recreational, could be another way of generating revenue in Florida,” Bullard told the New Times last year. “It has a potential for real positive economic impact with real small business growth.”
    Though Florida’s politicians remain cautious, the people they represent are ready for better cannabis laws. They voted 57-43% in 2014 to legalize medical marijuana for a similar list of conditions as the bills currently in the House and Senate. Unfortunately, the measure needed 60% of the vote to pass. Still, Governor Rick Scott can’t have failed to notice that half a million more people voted for medical marijuana than voted for his reelection. As he was awarded a second term, perhaps he will provide the voters with a sensible policy that is demonstrably more popular than him.

Source

TAX TURF NOT EARTH

Default Re: A great day for Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    I wonder if it will help with my stress level?
    you could look here
    https://www.marijuanabreak.com/cbd-oil-for-anxiety

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425