Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tupperware

Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Tupperware

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcar View Post
    No, it is not! Well imo anyway. The most horrible food is Spam! Followed closely by C rat Ham and Lima Beans which is also known through out the military as Ham and ..the guy who mix's cement with a pitchfork.
    Maybe we should make a thread about this....LOL

http://www.care2.com/causes/did-you-...d-for-you.html

College students everywhere probably let out a collective wail this past week. Why? A study just released says one of their most beloved foods, ramen noodles, are incredibly unhealthy.
    That said, though, they’re apparently death in a crinkly little bag or cup, according to a new study by Baylor University researchers. If you eat a lot of ramen noodles, your risk of metabolic changes linked to heart disease, diabetes and stroke rise considerably.

South Korea: Ramen Noodle Capital of the World

Asians tend to eat more noodles than others, says the study. South Koreans in particular eat a heck of a lot of ramen noodles, as it turns out. They are per capita the population which eats more ramen noodles than any other country in the world — 3.4 billion packages in 2010 alone.

Unfortunately, in recent years South Korean health problems have steadily increased. The population is getting fatter and experiencing greater rates of heart disease than ever before. These facts led researchers to decide South Korea was the natural choice for a closer look at exactly what effect high instant noodle consumption has on the human body. The results weren’t good at all.

Using information gleaned from a national health and nutrition survey conducted between 2007 and 2009, Dr. Shin and his colleagues reviewed data on over 10,000 South Korean adults aged 19 to 64. They discovered that people who ate instant noodles of any type — whether ramen, lo mein, Thai, or glass — more than twice a week tended to suffer from a condition called metabolic syndrome.

According to the National Institutes of Health:

Metabolic syndrome is the name for a group of risk factors that raises your risk for heart disease and other health problems, such as diabetes and stroke. The term “metabolic” refers to the biochemical processes involved in the body’s normal functioning. Risk factors are traits, conditions, or habits that increase your chance of developing a disease.

South Korean women who ate the most processed ramen noodles were demonstrably more likely to suffer from metabolic syndrome, according to the study. Here’s the kicker: This was true no matter what other foods they regularly ate or how much they exercised.

Ramen noodles are particularly unhealthy because they contain a food additive called Tertiary-butyl hydroquinone (TBHQ), a preservative that is a petroleum industry byproduct. They’re also incredibly high in sodium, calories and saturated fat.

The containers packaging these noodles aren’t helping much either. The dreaded chemical bisphenol-A (BPA) is widely used in the styrofoam cups in which we often buy our ramen noodle lunches. Among other things, BPA may be a carcinogen. It is also considered a hormone disruptor, negatively affecting natural hormones in our bodies such as estrogen.

Between the preservatives and the packaging, instant noodles are a minefield of potential health problems. The more you eat, the worse it is. It’s just not worth the risk.

"...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KathyInAR View Post

Maybe you could convert a pet food container for a rice container since Tupperware doesn't sell such a container here in the US...they are air-proof to keep the food fresh.

To: Nancy, I am not trying to high-jack your thread, honest, just trying to be helpful.

Thats OK we are here to help each other. I am going to contact someone I know at the home office and ask her - maybe she can find out. I have to agree why not here! I looked at their catalog and they had a few things I wanted too.
    Thanks ROOT thanked for this post

Cracker Bytch Fling a Thing Champion, Deep Freeze Champion, J B Snowman Punch Champion, Operatin Maboule Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I store rice in food safe 5-gallon buckets with gamma seals and O2 absorbers.
    Likes ROOT, TailTeaser, Jeannie liked this post

Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have a rice storage issue as most of the rice I purchase is either in the 90-second microwave cooking packages, or Mahatma's yellow rice in the small packages that I use to make chicken and yellow rice.

Attached Images Attached Images   
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea

Likes Jeannie liked this post

Stikini Slayer Penguin Pass Champion, Block n Roll Champion, Attack Of The Fan Girls Champion, Falafel King Champion, Donkey Tail Champion, Little Protectors Champion, When Penguins Attack TD Champion, Grid Iron Champion, Z-Wars Champion, Tribal Jungle Fruit Quest Champion, Open Source Rock Paper Scissors Champion, Nature Race Champion, DirtyColor Champion, American 8-Ball Pool Champion, Gumball Line-up Champion, Digi-Digi Champion, SevenYo! Champion, Firebug 2 Champion, hit the target Champion, Guns Defense Champion, Robot In The Hole Champion, Chicken Licken Champion, Gemollection Players Pack Champion, Fred's Pick Up Tour 3 Champion, Korrode Champion, Zaptonia Defense Champion, The Eggs Mystery Champion, Underwater TD Champion, Easter Defence Champion, CrissCross Champion, Rooftop Sniper Champion, Dragon Ambush 2 Champion, Zombie Smash Tower Defense Champion, US Border TD Champion, Underworld TD Champion, Zombie Trailer Park Champion, Potion Panic 2 Champion, WDYK? 3 Urban Lingo Champion, Bloons Tower Defense 4 Champion, Medicine Dealer Champion, The Blocks Revenge Champion, Animal Catcher Champion, Zombie Disposal Champion, Omg Scary Smiley Champion, The Flame Champion, TumbleDots Champion, Politricks Champion, Pirates Champion, City Digger Champion, redwhite slice Champion, Grammachnophobia Champion, Tabla Champion, Pixelshocks' Tower Defence II Champion, DropSum Champion, Blackbeard's Island Deluxe Champion, Short History of the World Champion, Anatomicus Anatomy Game Champion, Socium Champion, Magic Defense Champion, Bowmaster Champion, Kingdom Of Saguenay TD Champion, Ninjas vs Pirates TD 3 Champion, WasteLand Defender v2 Champion, Red Red Champion, Lucky Coins Champion, Handless Millionaire 2 Champion, TOTWO DARK Champion, Take a Walk Champion, Beat Chaser 2 Champion, 1 Will Survive Champion, Lines Game - Master Champion, Mickey Ball Champion, Windowcleaner Eyetoygame Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Rice Cooker, The lazy mans best friend
    The rice cooker has got to be the most under-rated kitchen gadget in the world. The beauty of the rice cooker is that you can throw in the rice and the water and I don't even stop there. I also throw in the meat, vegetables, marinade, spices and sometimes some extras like peanut butter or a tablespoon of molasses. I then turn on the rice cooker and give the contents one good stir. After that I can forget about it. Once the food is ready I know that the rice cooker will go from cook mode to keep warm mode. Even if I return three hours later I know that my food will be still hot and ready to eat without being burned. There are thousands of recipes you can make with a rice cooker. I have made great sauces, stews, spaghetti Just about anything can be made in a rice cooker.
    And unlike the bread maker that you buy and use for only the first 3 months and then it collects dust, rice cookers will get used about 2 or three times per week. It's the quickest and easiest way to cook a hot meal.

To prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom of the rice cooker, place about a spoonful of butter or oil in the rice cooker to coat the bottom. Then place the rice and give it a stir to get the oil or butter to coat the rice. After that you can add the water and anything else you like. Don't be shy to experiment. Everything goes good with rice.
    there is no proof whatsoever that the first word of it is truthful. Not one "fact" is has been corroborated
    Thanks KathyInAR thanked for this post

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tupperware has a rice maker and I was thinking of getting it. Hubby will only eat rice from the Chinese restaurants. Says when you make it at home it sticks together.

http://order.tupperware.com/coe/app/...r=P10092320000
    Likes ROOT, Jeannie liked this post

Stikini Slayer Penguin Pass Champion, Block n Roll Champion, Attack Of The Fan Girls Champion, Falafel King Champion, Donkey Tail Champion, Little Protectors Champion, When Penguins Attack TD Champion, Grid Iron Champion, Z-Wars Champion, Tribal Jungle Fruit Quest Champion, Open Source Rock Paper Scissors Champion, Nature Race Champion, DirtyColor Champion, American 8-Ball Pool Champion, Gumball Line-up Champion, Digi-Digi Champion, SevenYo! Champion, Firebug 2 Champion, hit the target Champion, Guns Defense Champion, Robot In The Hole Champion, Chicken Licken Champion, Gemollection Players Pack Champion, Fred's Pick Up Tour 3 Champion, Korrode Champion, Zaptonia Defense Champion, The Eggs Mystery Champion, Underwater TD Champion, Easter Defence Champion, CrissCross Champion, Rooftop Sniper Champion, Dragon Ambush 2 Champion, Zombie Smash Tower Defense Champion, US Border TD Champion, Underworld TD Champion, Zombie Trailer Park Champion, Potion Panic 2 Champion, WDYK? 3 Urban Lingo Champion, Bloons Tower Defense 4 Champion, Medicine Dealer Champion, The Blocks Revenge Champion, Animal Catcher Champion, Zombie Disposal Champion, Omg Scary Smiley Champion, The Flame Champion, TumbleDots Champion, Politricks Champion, Pirates Champion, City Digger Champion, redwhite slice Champion, Grammachnophobia Champion, Tabla Champion, Pixelshocks' Tower Defence II Champion, DropSum Champion, Blackbeard's Island Deluxe Champion, Short History of the World Champion, Anatomicus Anatomy Game Champion, Socium Champion, Magic Defense Champion, Bowmaster Champion, Kingdom Of Saguenay TD Champion, Ninjas vs Pirates TD 3 Champion, WasteLand Defender v2 Champion, Red Red Champion, Lucky Coins Champion, Handless Millionaire 2 Champion, TOTWO DARK Champion, Take a Walk Champion, Beat Chaser 2 Champion, 1 Will Survive Champion, Lines Game - Master Champion, Mickey Ball Champion, Windowcleaner Eyetoygame Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jasmine Rice is an aromatic and is supposed to be sticky , that's how its easy to eat with chop sticks.
    But if you want it to be more fluffy and loose (rinse off all the vitamins first) or use another type.

We add a splash of olive oil and a head of peeled garlic to the rice maker after putting the water and rice in.

or for instant moros y cristianos we add a drained can of black beans and some cumin.

you can't go wrong with a rice maker and we have found the 20.00 cheapo B&D one from walmart to be very dependable . I like how the cook pot and lid are removable and can transfer to the fridge over the sealed type that the lid is made onto the cooker.

Best of all you can make it and leave it on all day and its warm and ready anytime. some of the Japanese made ones can keep stuff hot and ready for a week
    there is no proof whatsoever that the first word of it is truthful. Not one "fact" is has been corroborated
    Likes KathyInAR liked this post

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While we were with the military we knew a lot of families where the wife was Asian and she'd put on the rice cooker in the morning and they'd eat rice all through the day with every meal and snack it seems. They usually did this every day. I'd also see this used the same way in Hispanic families where they ate a lot of beans and rice...I think we'd all be better off if we ate more beans and rice...it is a very healthy and economical way to eat.

Post amended automatically

I like rice and navy beans, with a little raw white onion cut up and mixed in...this with cornbread...yum yum!

Likes ROOT, nancyp, Mamabear liked this post

Cracker Bytch Fling a Thing Champion, Deep Freeze Champion, J B Snowman Punch Champion, Operatin Maboule Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Geez Root, as much as a foodie as you are, I can't believe that you're still using such an antiquated rice cooker.

Fuzzy logic, man, fuzzy logic.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy McDugal View Post
    Geez Root, as much as a foodie as you are, I can't believe that you're still using such an antiquated rice cooker.

Fuzzy logic, man, fuzzy logic.
    I like my devices to be simple and free of excessive tech led or lcd displays and any thinking power of their own.

I have even reverted to using the french press for coffee although the clean up is a little annoying

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ROOT View Post
    I like my devices to be simple and free of excessive tech led or lcd displays and any thinking power of their own.

I have even reverted to using the french press for coffee although the clean up is a little annoying
    I'm with you, I don't like my things to be smarter than me. I didn't have a Smart Phone until the last year.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

17 million Japanese can't be wrong.
    Likes ROOT, Jeannie, nancyp liked this post

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am very impressed with myself! I was able to get the latest sale brochure and put it online for my customers. Here is what I did. Oh and for some reason I don't get all the notices so if you should have any questions please email me at tupperwarenancyp@gmail.com

http://issuu.com/tupperwarenancyp/do...00691/10881048

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12