Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

5 100.00%
  • NO

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    In The Pokey Land fill Bill Champion, Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Cat Bowling Champion, Just Throw Me Champion, Billiards Frenzy Champion, Saturdays Night Blood Fest Champion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: FREE FREE FREE to a good home!!!!!! Televisions, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Keen View Post
    For starters I have two very nice and well taken care of 57" televisions free. One is a Sony and the other is a Magnavox. I recently bought two flat screens and put the other TV's aside in case anyone needed a nice TV either for their children, man cave, den, poolside, etc. etc. The remote for the Magnavox for some odd reason got pissed and just stopped working for no reason. The Sony Trinitron is High Def and I have watched movies from the computer and used it as a computer screen ( just to test out that feature) and it is awesome and remote is fine. I will demonstrate the TV's etc if you like. I just want to see them go to someone that can either use them, or you can hand them to someone who can. Like I said, FREE for the taking.

I am in need of a stereo (receiver/amp ONLY) no speakers... if you know someone with one sitting around. I am also looking for an old TV antenna, antenna amp, line distribution amp, antenna Baluns etc. Got an old CB laying around? I have a marine radio for free if anyone needs one. I also have a black and white monitor, a VHS security time delay recorder, camera switcher (4 camera) and I need that gone. They are like new as well. I have a few other stuff like car ramps, etc. I am looking for a home for. No money, just want to help out for those who can use these items.

IF you are in need of something, let me know, I may be able to help you out. Thanks for your time in reading about my available goodies. Remember, Christmas is just around the corner.

Susan K.
    On hold until Uncle Charlie gets what's wanted. I will post an updated list another time soon. Thanks. Sue

In The Pokey Land fill Bill Champion, Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Cat Bowling Champion, Just Throw Me Champion, Billiards Frenzy Champion, Saturdays Night Blood Fest Champion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For starters I have two very nice and well taken care of 57" televisions free. One is a Sony and the other is a Magnavox. I recently bought two flat screens and put the other TV's aside in case anyone needed a nice TV either for their children, man cave, den, poolside, etc. etc. The remote for the Magnavox for some odd reason got pissed and just stopped working for no reason. The Sony Trinitron is High Def and I have watched movies from the computer and used it as a computer screen ( just to test out that feature) and it is awesome and remote is fine. I will demonstrate the TV's etc if you like. I just want to see them go to someone that can either use them, or you can hand them to someone who can. Like I said, FREE for the taking.

I am in need of a stereo (receiver/amp ONLY) no speakers... if you know someone with one sitting around. I am also looking for an old TV antenna, antenna amp, line distribution amp, antenna Baluns etc. Got an old CB laying around? I have a marine radio for free if anyone needs one. I also have a black and white monitor, a VHS security time delay recorder, camera switcher (4 camera) and I need that gone. They are like new as well. I have a few other stuff like car ramps, etc. I am looking for a home for. No money, just want to help out for those who can use these items.

IF you are in need of something, let me know, I may be able to help you out. Thanks for your time in reading about my available goodies. Remember, Christmas is just around the corner.

Susan K.
    On hold until Uncle Charlie gets what's wanted. I will post an updated list another time soon. Thanks. Sue

Cracker Droid Baccarat Champion
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TRIVIA QUESTION>>>> What do you see here that can be changed to reduce the 30 db that this pre-amp pulls in? Is it the size of a magnet as found in Baluns? This is a CM 7777 board. I can also take photos of mine that are blown up IF this photo can't be enlarged enough. Sorry, could not post the enlarged photo. Thank-You. Susie
    I went to search for schematics of the CM-7777 and CM-7778 to do a component comparison and did not find any on the web so no luck with your question but.......

I did find a forum dedicated to this and talking about the CM-7777 having to much gain (30db) vs the 7778 having 16db. Here is the related thread
    http://www.dtvusaforum.com/dtv-hdtv-...cm-7778-a.html

In there they also mentioned an adjustable attenuator (pad) http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=TVA-20 which has a range from 0 to 20db

They also mentioned an adjustable amplifier like this one http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp...u=716079001809

and another good thread on the CM-7777

http://www.dtvusaforum.com/dtv-hdtv-...cm-7777-a.html

Last, did you try this

https://www.tvfool.com/index.php?opt...pper&Itemid=29

Great tool to estimate signals from multiple locations to your address

So I am guessing you are having an overload issue due to the high gain of the CM-7777 amp?????
    R2D2
    Beep-op-whir-boop-weeee
    I'm a black and white type of guy, the only gray in my life is the hair on my head!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, sorry you went to so much trouble over my silly problem but it isn't solved yet. I did use TV Fool.com etc. Yes, Channel master says that I am overloading the incoming signal so that NO channel shows up. I just wanted the best but I do agree now that even the best isn't the best LOL. OK, today I hooked up a line distribution amp to the two TV's. Now this gave each of the TV lines a 7db gain and I got 30 channels compaired to the normal 10 without anything. NOW,as far as I have figured in my head, I need a total of 15 to 20 db to hit my target of 51 to 69 channels.
    OK, we know that 30 db was way overboard and we know that 7 db started getting us in a good forward direction again. I also believe that once I connect a good Balun at the antenna, it will make a world of difference. I have an indoor cheapy Radio Shack Balun in use cause I broke the other good one, and it is water proof as it seems to have had a rubber molded around the electronic part so that only the male cable end sticks out. I do have another 'GOOD' balun 75 to 300 ohm adapter that weirdly enough, I got with my new, unused, 1992 ColorMaster Heavy Duty Rotor. I also received in the rotor box, instructons for assembling this HUGE tv antenna and I think they decided to store away the rotor and tossed the 'balun' in the box as well as it and all rotor clamps etc. were in factory sealed bags. My luck for 40.00 + $20 shipped ( E-BAY). The new cheap Channel Master rotors that are light weight and half plastic retail for $130 at the Samsung tv repair shop in Port Orange on Nova rd.!

BTW, I am using a very quality homemade DB-4 where I used 4 guage copper wire for the 'V's. And a very nice 'radiator' behind the ?arrays?.

Thank-You so much for the info hun! I will check it out later today. Have a great night and a better day tomorrow! Susan

Attached Images Attached Images        
    Last edited by WizardMaster; November 23rd, 2014 at 03:57 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a problem at all, glad to help and I though I heard a yell for

I guess it is past your for me I am just getting up
    R2D2
    Beep-op-whir-boop-weeee
    I'm a black and white type of guy, the only gray in my life is the hair on my head!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW, I am currently using the>>>>>>>> ELECTROLINE////// EDA 2400////// PWR 15 volts ( luckily I had two of these powerpacks/wallwart, as they are special for this and most TV pre-amps)...... 5-24 54-1000 mhz 6kv<<<<<<<< Line distribution amp and this is the '4' line model.

Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW, I am currently using the>>>>>>>> ELECTROLINE////// EDA 2400////// PWR 15 volts ( luckily I had two of these powerpacks/wallwart, as they are special for this and most TV pre-amps)...... 5-24 54-1000 mhz 6kv<<<<<<<< Line distribution amp and this is the '4' line model.
    Boy, you really can speak electronicese ...
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Founder Mahjongg 3D Tile Set 1 Champion, Gorillaz Tiles Champion, Nile Tiles Champion, Snow Day Champion, Food Mahjong Champion, Calculation Solitaire Champion, Calculation Solitaire Easy Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I have been reading the posts but understand little of it. Good luck.
    Likes Mamabear liked this post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KathyInAR View Post
    Do you know how many times I've had to re-wire my vibrator!? Believe me, you learn 'electronicese' really quick or you suffer!!!!!!
    Last edited by WizardMaster; November 23rd, 2014 at 04:10 PM. Reason: cleavage itch again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    Yeah, I have been reading the posts but understand little of it. Good luck.
    I can only succeed with the help of a knowledgeable strong minded men. I am finding them here for sure. BTW, I haven't mentioned electronics terms that we didn't already know when we was youngsters wantin' to watch cartoons except, today we have the AMP/PRE AMP>( antenna, antenna rotator, antenna signal, etc.)! For those who think I'm intelligent on the subject, I'm greatful and speechless but I don't go it alone. Never misjudge a woman's learning capabilities. Oh boy! I must apologize, I left out that me and my hubby used to be big HAM radio station operators out of Cali back in the day,but, those days are for the younger more agile crowd now. Our days of working with those huge beams and towers are behind us now. But then again, that has nothing to do with TELEVISION except that a TV is strictly a receiver and I need to get a good strong signal to it. In the days of the air waves, the challenge always has been to see just how far we could reach! And it is STILL, how far can I reach to get a nice clear TV signal. Withing a 200 mile radius, I have a chance of collection a total of 69 ( omg, I love that number 6 9 ooooo baby LOL) channels. That includes the one or two just over the Georgia border. Thanks anyway hun. Susie Q

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You sure brought back some memories! My favorite beam was the Moonraker! I am happy to share a few of the ones we used( not our photos/ from photobucket). OK, I also included a CB/Ham/Scanner antenna that we have in our attic now(discone). I love antennas and my husband may not know crap about computers or even how to use them, he sure can rig a ham radio station in no time!!!!!!!!! IT is all a challenge to anyone. Like a contest or you have goals( my goal now is to watch free tv LOL). He is not impressed with computers at all. That's ok, I'm smarter than he is anyway LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!! He said that if we rig another station, it will use a simple dipole. I agree! Susan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have this pre-amp, 10G212, and my version says Archer which of course is Radio Shack. I however, don't have the amp that mounts near the antenna!!!!!!!!!! I will have to search for this item and maybe Antenna Craft will have the part I need.

Found on a forum>>I believe I have the Radio Shack version of the Antenna Craft 10G212 and I've had good results with it.

I could add a few connectors as well to drop the db's so the 7777 would then work to bring them back up to par. Kind like using the 'pad' connectors.

Found this>>>>>
    That is what I did for my house (big antenna with a CM7777) so the antenna system could withstand multiple splits before the signal actually reaches the TVs.
    Last edited by WizardMaster; November 23rd, 2014 at 09:12 PM.

Marshtackie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alrighty then....I sure know where to go when I decide to get our TV up with stations ...

~K9~ Make memories while you can... sometimes they don't last forever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For every 'connection//coax interruption' I use it should cause approx. 3.5db loss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by K9Luvn View Post
    Alrighty then....I sure know where to go when I decide to get our TV up with stations ...

Awesome! And I see you have that 'jumping with joy', thing, down pat!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For every 'connection//coax interruption' I use it should cause approx. 3.5db loss.
    That is for theory, actual results are +/-
    R2D2
    Beep-op-whir-boop-weeee

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have this pre-amp, 10G212, and my version says Archer which of course is Radio Shack. I however, don't have the amp that mounts near the antenna!!!!!!!!!! I will have to search for this item and maybe Antenna Craft will have the part I need.

Found on a forum>>I believe I have the Radio Shack version of the Antenna Craft 10G212 and I've had good results with it.

I could add a few connectors as well to drop the db's so the 7777 would then work to bring them back up to par. Kind like using the 'pad' connectors.

Found this>>>>>
    That is what I did for my house (big antenna with a CM7777) so the antenna system could withstand multiple splits before the signal actually reaches the TVs.
    Wait just a sec, where is your CM-7777 mounted.

You already are having overdrive issues and you want to add more amplification???

I'm not following your logic? (oh good now I'm Mr. Spock)

Post amended automaticly

Quote Originally Posted by KathyInAR View Post
    I love it when she talks like that
    R2D2
    Beep-op-whir-boop-weeee

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you know how many times I've had to re-wire my vibrator!? Believe me, you learn 'electronicese' really quick or you suffer!!!!!!
    R2D2
    Beep-op-whir-boop-weeee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, sorry I left you in Dr. Spock mode but NO, I haven't mounted the CM7777 since I removed it a week ago since I found out it was over driving my signals. Don't worry you are good to go. Just have a seat over here>>>>>>> and relax. Currently I have a DB-4/ 30' up w/ no rotor on it yet ( as it is all test mode) before I really put it together permanently. I have 48' of new and unused military mast and the base. I have the rotor as I have shown you earlier. The only think holding me back now from installing this, is that I need to fine tune the pre-amplification. I cannot mount the CM7777 yet with out knowing that I have the right stuff this time, as in the 'signal padding' parts. I did a lot of research with the sources you brought me! I'm tellin' ya, I love studying anything to do with air waves! I thought about becoming a member on that antenna site > http://www.dtvusaforum.com, but there was ALL guys that I could see. I don't want to be the only female on a forum and end up showing those guys up with my calculation and theory injections on linear, bi-linear and the uses of Diplexers when stacking and co-phasing antennas. Then you have the mathematical description of one-dimensional waves, wave equation, wave forms, and amplitude and modulation. Then you have the Phase velocity and group velocity and OMG! the waves!!!>> You have the sinusoidal waves, plane waves, standing waves and their physical properties!The transmission is very important as well. Then you have absorption and reflection and the interference media that disrupt the signal or waves! Oh my, I could go on and on because this subject really turns me on! I think I will stop there and maybe not register that manly site! Besides, I am finding it very comfortable discussing my affairs right here! Anyway, I have to go toss myself onto my tanning bed! Talk after while when I'm much darker............... Susan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry, I forgot to add that I have that line distribution amp hooked up. I believe it was a ATT television service piece. I have since learned that those adorable cable guys really use these in their line of work! I have to admit that I found it in my brother's box of odd and end cable stuff he let me look through! IF I can find a more powerful one than this, I may not need that CM7777 pre-amp. I would trade it for something I can use here though, like a CM7778 LMAO!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast