Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

5 100.00%
  • NO

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    In The Pokey Land fill Bill Champion, Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Cat Bowling Champion, Just Throw Me Champion, Billiards Frenzy Champion, Saturdays Night Blood Fest Champion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: FREE FREE FREE to a good home!!!!!! Televisions, etc.

Uht oh, I don't have, nor am I using that thingy to the left on the photo! I am afraid that that is a power injector.......or not? It is doing a beautiful job without that things anyway. AND the more I look at this thing, the more I believe it is universal and can either BOOST the signal, or PAD the signal!!!!! IF what I am thinking is correct, I could use this in conjunction with my CM7777!!!!!! OK, off to do more research.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Cracker Droid Baccarat Champion
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Keen View Post
    Uht oh, I don't have, nor am I using that thingy to the left on the photo! I am afraid that that is a power injector.......or not? It is doing a beautiful job without that things anyway. AND the more I look at this thing, the more I believe it is universal and can either BOOST the signal, or PAD the signal!!!!! IF what I am thinking is correct, I could use this in conjunction with my CM7777!!!!!! OK, off to do more research.

You would only need that if you were inserting power (from the transformer) remotely from where the 4 port AMP sits. you most likely have the transformer directly plugged into the PWR connection on the AMP (Green triangle) so the part is not needed.
    R2D2
    Beep-op-whir-boop-weeee
    I'm a black and white type of guy, the only gray in my life is the hair on my head!

In The Pokey Land fill Bill Champion, Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Cat Bowling Champion, Just Throw Me Champion, Billiards Frenzy Champion, Saturdays Night Blood Fest Champion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
    You would only need that if you were inserting power (from the transformer) remotely from where the 4 port AMP sits. you most likely have the transformer directly plugged into the PWR connection on the AMP (Green triangle) so the part is not needed.
    Oh! You're good!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So my question is, and I only need a two port, are there any of these line distribution amps with a greater positive db gain than 7db ? Sorry for so many questions but I just want to be ready to make a decision asap? Finally, what would you do in this case considering the items I have? Thanks. Susie.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You may still need a preamp. The reason being your long cable run.

If you only try and amplify it later down the line, your noise to signal ratio may be too high and therefore you will be amplifying noise rather than signal.

It has been a while since I played with antennas and definitely before the TV broadcast was changed over to digital signals but the principals are the same. Keep your signal high enough to keep out noise but not so high that you overdrive the receivers.

Did you try the pads yet to see if that solves your overdrive problem?
    R2D2
    Beep-op-whir-boop-weeee
    I'm a black and white type of guy, the only gray in my life is the hair on my head!
    Likes ROOT liked this post

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Susan

Is this what your system will look like at the end? I pieced this together based upon what you have said in the posts but I wanted to put it all together on one page. Let me know if I got anything wrong?

R2D2
    Beep-op-whir-boop-weeee
    Thanks ROOT thanked for this post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you only try and amplify it later down the line, your noise to signal ratio may be too high and therefore you will be amplifying noise rather than signal.

It has been a while since I played with antennas and definitely before the TV broadcast was changed over to digital signals but the principals are the same. Keep your signal high enough to keep out noise but not so high that you overdrive the receivers.

I get what you are saying now and that these are two completely different animals used in two different areas. Do you mean 'white noise' as in using a pre amp on a Ham radio and end up dragging the 'hissing static' crap right a long with anyone's modulation or TV sound in this case? Is that the stuff we hear on a TV channel that has no picture or clear sound,but just the hiss sound he hear when we turn up the volume? Sorry if it looks like I repeated LOL. I haven't received the 'pads' yet but it looks like they should arrive tomorrow.Oh geez, speaking of 'pads' I need to run to Walmart! Thanks for reminding me. Susie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Susan

Is this what your system will look like at the end? I pieced this together based upon what you have said in the posts but I wanted to put it all together on one page. Let me know if I got anything wrong?

WOW! That is! I was hoping I described it right. You have it on the money! OK, so maybe and we are pretty sure that my line distribution amp should be the ticket for inside the house. and I am pretty sure that I can pad this line down enough to make the pre-amp usable in my case. h
    Heck, I bought a half dozen of those line pads for nearly 2 dollars a piece! What a bargin!. Thanks and I will let you know how my 'pads' work out. I should get them about 4 pm tomorrow. Talk later, I'm off to Walmart. Thanks. Susan.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get what you are saying now and that these are two completely different animals used in two different areas. Do you mean 'white noise' as in using a pre amp on a Ham radio and end up dragging the 'hissing static' crap right a long with anyone's modulation or TV sound in this case? Is that the stuff we hear on a TV channel that has no picture or clear sound,but just the hiss sound he hear when we turn up the volume? Sorry if it looks like I repeated LOL. I haven't received the 'pads' yet but it looks like they should arrive tomorrow.Oh geez, speaking of 'pads' I need to run to Walmart! Thanks for reminding me. Susie
    MITINTK
    R2D2
    Beep-op-whir-boop-weeee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought you were at work LOL

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought you were at work LOL
    Don't use those four letter words with me

Oh and to answer your question; Yes noise = static
    Last edited by R2D2; November 26th, 2014 at 11:36 AM.
    R2D2
    Beep-op-whir-boop-weeee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK. Thank you Mr. Droid. You have been so helpful and tomorrow I will let you know how my 'pads' LOL worked out. Susie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, the black/white monitor and camera VHS recorder stuff is taken. Thanks dear! Susan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OH BOY!!!!!!!!!! I received my shipment tonight and was told that because of the holiday, they were working overtime to keep up with deliveries now!!!! Anyway good news.............. I installed the 'pad' and found that I needed 3 inline to drop my db's to viewable form of air waves!!!! nice and solid signal now!!!!!! No pixelation noticed in the slightest bit!! Thanks for your help and great suggestions and sending me in a solid direction! I have 58 channels so far from 33 before the 'pads'. I expect to top 60 when I get this antenna to the 45' height. You are such a dear!!!!! Thank-you R2D2 for not giving up on my problem!!!!!!!!!! You are a SUPER DROID of all DROIDS!!!!!!!!! Susan K.

Can you guess the year?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Friday special!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.amazon.com/Exclusive-Star...GTQMKVW6W6679A

Stikini Slayer Penguin Pass Champion, Block n Roll Champion, Attack Of The Fan Girls Champion, Falafel King Champion, Donkey Tail Champion, Little Protectors Champion, When Penguins Attack TD Champion, Grid Iron Champion, Z-Wars Champion, Tribal Jungle Fruit Quest Champion, Open Source Rock Paper Scissors Champion, Nature Race Champion, DirtyColor Champion, American 8-Ball Pool Champion, Gumball Line-up Champion, Digi-Digi Champion, SevenYo! Champion, Firebug 2 Champion, hit the target Champion, Guns Defense Champion, Robot In The Hole Champion, Chicken Licken Champion, Gemollection Players Pack Champion, Fred's Pick Up Tour 3 Champion, Korrode Champion, Zaptonia Defense Champion, The Eggs Mystery Champion, Underwater TD Champion, Easter Defence Champion, CrissCross Champion, Rooftop Sniper Champion, Dragon Ambush 2 Champion, Zombie Smash Tower Defense Champion, US Border TD Champion, Underworld TD Champion, Zombie Trailer Park Champion, Potion Panic 2 Champion, WDYK? 3 Urban Lingo Champion, Bloons Tower Defense 4 Champion, Medicine Dealer Champion, The Blocks Revenge Champion, Animal Catcher Champion, Zombie Disposal Champion, Omg Scary Smiley Champion, The Flame Champion, TumbleDots Champion, Politricks Champion, Pirates Champion, City Digger Champion, redwhite slice Champion, Grammachnophobia Champion, Tabla Champion, Pixelshocks' Tower Defence II Champion, DropSum Champion, Blackbeard's Island Deluxe Champion, Short History of the World Champion, Anatomicus Anatomy Game Champion, Socium Champion, Magic Defense Champion, Bowmaster Champion, Kingdom Of Saguenay TD Champion, Ninjas vs Pirates TD 3 Champion, WasteLand Defender v2 Champion, Red Red Champion, Lucky Coins Champion, Handless Millionaire 2 Champion, TOTWO DARK Champion, Take a Walk Champion, Beat Chaser 2 Champion, 1 Will Survive Champion, Lines Game - Master Champion, Mickey Ball Champion, Windowcleaner Eyetoygame Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Digital is all or nothing as long as you get a clean signal on the pole you just need to push it into the house not to hard just a little to overcome the pines if your not over 40ft The signal has a narrow range with a good focusing antenna. but I think you could do good with two, one pointed southish and one northish. without the rotor and maybe without an amp if you got up high enough. I have got full HD broadcast from Savannah Ga. but the locals are easy with a little amp on the pole.

Lot of good stuff still free better than cable in some cases because the digital isn't compressed through bright houses wires.
    we are vastly more focused on what divides us than what unites us
    Likes R2D2 liked this post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never heard of RG11! I would have bought it if the fittings would have fit it just the same. Damn and I did a thorough search too! We don't have any pine obstructions to the south/west or south. We should be lookin' pretty good once we get out big juicy pole up. I say that cause it just makes me drool at the size of it. Susie

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OH BOY!!!!!!!!!! I received my shipment tonight and was told that because of the holiday, they were working overtime to keep up with deliveries now!!!! Anyway good news.............. I installed the 'pad' and found that I needed 3 inline to drop my db's to viewable form of air waves!!!! nice and solid signal now!!!!!! No pixelation noticed in the slightest bit!! Thanks for your help and great suggestions and sending me in a solid direction! I have 58 channels so far from 33 before the 'pads'. I expect to top 60 when I get this antenna to the 45' height. You are such a dear!!!!! Thank-you R2D2 for not giving up on my problem!!!!!!!!!! You are a SUPER DROID of all DROIDS!!!!!!!!! Susan K.

Can you guess the year?

hmmmmm 1983

http://www.ebay.com/itm/R2D2-R2-D2-1...item2a46d8c06d
    R2D2
    Beep-op-whir-boop-weeee

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Friday special!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.amazon.com/Exclusive-Star...GTQMKVW6W6679A

Cute.....Thanks
    R2D2
    Beep-op-whir-boop-weeee

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never heard of RG11! I would have bought it if the fittings would have fit it just the same. Damn and I did a thorough search too! We don't have any pine obstructions to the south/west or south. We should be lookin' pretty good once we get out big juicy pole up. I say that cause it just makes me drool at the size of it. Susie
    Typically used for long runs or where there are multiple drops along the way such as a hospital floor, school, etc. It also terminates with an "F" connector like RG-6 but it is a different size to handle the larger OD.
    R2D2
    Beep-op-whir-boop-weeee
    Thanks ROOT thanked for this post

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast