Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

5 100.00%
  • NO

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    In The Pokey Land fill Bill Champion, Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Cat Bowling Champion, Just Throw Me Champion, Billiards Frenzy Champion, Saturdays Night Blood Fest Champion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default FREE FREE FREE to a good home!!!!!! Televisions, etc.

For starters I have two very nice and well taken care of 57" televisions free. One is a Sony and the other is a Magnavox. I recently bought two flat screens and put the other TV's aside in case anyone needed a nice TV either for their children, man cave, den, poolside, etc. etc. The remote for the Magnavox for some odd reason got pissed and just stopped working for no reason. The Sony Trinitron is High Def and I have watched movies from the computer and used it as a computer screen ( just to test out that feature) and it is awesome and remote is fine. I will demonstrate the TV's etc if you like. I just want to see them go to someone that can either use them, or you can hand them to someone who can. Like I said, FREE for the taking.

I am in need of a stereo (receiver/amp ONLY) no speakers... if you know someone with one sitting around. I am also looking for an old TV antenna, antenna amp, line distribution amp, antenna Baluns etc. Got an old CB laying around? I have a marine radio for free if anyone needs one. I also have a black and white monitor, a VHS security time delay recorder, camera switcher (4 camera) and I need that gone. They are like new as well. I have a few other stuff like car ramps, etc. I am looking for a home for. No money, just want to help out for those who can use these items.

IF you are in need of something, let me know, I may be able to help you out. Thanks for your time in reading about my available goodies. Remember, Christmas is just around the corner.

Susan K.

In The Pokey Land fill Bill Champion, Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Cat Bowling Champion, Just Throw Me Champion, Billiards Frenzy Champion, Saturdays Night Blood Fest Champion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: FREE FREE FREE to a good home!!!!!! Televisions, etc.

In case you wonder, I have NO cameras to go with the monitor and recorder. But they are not costly. Radio Crap, I mean Shack will or can get them.

Hoecake
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Keen View Post
    For starters I have two very nice and well taken care of 57" televisions free. One is a Sony and the other is a Magnavox. I recently bought two flat screens and put the other TV's aside in case anyone needed a nice TV either for their children, man cave, den, poolside, etc. etc. The remote for the Magnavox for some odd reason got pissed and just stopped working for no reason. The Sony Trinitron is High Def and I have watched movies from the computer and used it as a computer screen ( just to test out that feature) and it is awesome and remote is fine. I will demonstrate the TV's etc if you like. I just want to see them go to someone that can either use them, or you can hand them to someone who can. Like I said, FREE for the taking.

I am in need of a stereo (receiver/amp ONLY) no speakers... if you know someone with one sitting around. I am also looking for an old TV antenna, antenna amp, line distribution amp, antenna Baluns etc. Got an old CB laying around? I have a marine radio for free if anyone needs one. I also have a black and white monitor, a VHS security time delay recorder, camera switcher (4 camera) and I need that gone. They are like new as well. I have a few other stuff like car ramps, etc. I am looking for a home for. No money, just want to help out for those who can use these items.

IF you are in need of something, let me know, I may be able to help you out. Thanks for your time in reading about my available goodies. Remember, Christmas is just around the corner.

Susan K.
    I have some aluminum foil lying around.

Seriously though, I do have some TV amps at home (two port, 4 port, and 8 port) if you need one. Just holler and I'd be happy to meet anfter Thanksgiving to give you one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by friedshrimp View Post
    I have some aluminum foil lying around.

Seriously though, I do have some TV amps at home (two port, 4 port, and 8 port) if you need one. Just holler and I'd be happy to meet anfter Thanksgiving to give you one.
    I actually have a NEW Channel Master 7777 available as it is too potent for my system. Maybe we can trade for a more milder amp system if you like. I would also like a 'line distribution amp' to recover 'line loss' as well> maybe 2 or 3 port. I have car ramps and what have ya, to find homes for also. Please do get in touch when you are available sweetie! I can use an old receiver 2 channel stereo amp.Thanks so much! Susie Q

Hoecake
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually have a NEW Channel Master 7777 available as it is too potent for my system. Maybe we can trade for a more milder amp system if you like. I would also like a 'line distribution amp' to recover 'line loss' as well> maybe 2 or 3 port. I have car ramps and what have ya, to find homes for also. Please do get in touch when you are available sweetie! I can use an old receiver 2 channel stereo amp.Thanks so much! Susie Q
    Never heard of a Channel master 7777. I would have to assume with that name that it is a 4 port amp with 7db of amplification per port (which would be a little higher than the normal 4db of amplification on a 4 port amp)? Why do you say it is "too potent" for your system? It's all about getting the proper signal level to your TV. In the digital word, ideally you want -5dbm to -10dbm hitting your TV or box. If signal is good at the house box (about 0dbm) and you have 4 outlets or less, a 4 port splitter is all you should need (no amplification). If you have low levels at your house box but Brighthouse says it's within specs, then a 4 port amp with 4db of amplification should be the ticket.

I worked for BH for 9 years so if you have any cable questions feel free to ask.

I don't need anything in trade. These amps are just some that made it home and are sitting in my attic.
    Likes ROOT liked this post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Channel Master 7777 high power pre amp. http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp...ku=02057207774

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by WizardMaster; November 21st, 2014 at 04:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish there was a way to modify it NOT to be so strong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you sayin' that you might or do have these?????????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would be please with a TWO liner>>>

Hoecake
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Channel Master 7777 high power pre amp. http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp...ku=02057207774

Are you using this for cable TV? If so, then with 30db of amplification you would be over-driving the crap out of that signal. even with a 4 port splitter you would still have 23db of gain so way too much power hitting a TV or box. with a digital signal, too much power is just as bad as too little power.

Post amended automaticly

Are you sayin' that you might or do have these?????????
    BINGO! In 2, 4, and 8 port flavors.

Post amended automaticly

I would be please with a TWO liner>>>
    As an FYI, all amps are linear (unlike splitters) so we just say 2/4/8 port.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using a homemade DB-4 antenna( my '8' =V's are 4 guage copper) 30 foot up with 150 run of coax from the antenna to the TV/house. I just want to gain back my db loss and I am sure I will gain over 51 channels. I had 51 channels crisp and clear at 50 feet for a test at 15 feet. Now I have 12 crisp channels at 30 feet up on 150 ft. run of Quad shield burial buried 20" down. Getting ready to go 45 feet up w/ a rotor on Military mast/ Just want to get my 'amp/pre-amp' decision correct before my antenna goes up permanent. So, do you think one of those pictured could solve my problems? OH BOY! I almost forgot, I need a quality low loss Balun. I have been studying these and I don't think I want to build one simple as they are. What do you think about a 1:1 Balun? I found a site where someone removed the guts and wired direct with great results?????? Without any magnets???? I don't understand. I have a radio shack balun in use now but that is when I lost channels. I have a nice one that I got with my brand new in the box 1992 Color Master heavy duty antenna rotor for $39.00 on ebay! BTW, they don't make them like this anymore... ALL aluminum body and the indoor controller seems to weigh about 7 pounds! I have to download photos of the antenna I just remembered that I have on my memory card yet! Thanks/ Sue

Hoecake
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using a homemade DB-4 antenna( my '8' =V's are 4 guage copper) 30 foot up with 150 run of coax from the antenna to the TV/house. I just want to gain back my db loss and I am sure I will gain over 51 channels. I had 51 channels crisp and clear at 50 feet for a test at 15 feet. Now I have 12 crisp channels at 30 feet up on 150 ft. run of Quad shield burial buried 20" down. Getting ready to go 45 feet up w/ a rotor on Military mast/ Just want to get my 'amp/pre-amp' decision correct before my antenna goes up permanent. So, do you think one of those pictured could solve my problems? OH BOY! I almost forgot, I need a quality low loss Balun. I have been studying these and I don't think I want to build one simple as they are. What do you think about a 1:1 Balun? I found a site where someone removed the guts and wired direct with great results?????? Without any magnets???? I don't understand. I have a radio shack balun in use now but that is when I lost channels. I have a nice one that I got with my brand new in the box 1992 Color Master heavy duty antenna rotor for $39.00 on ebay! BTW, they don't make them like this anymore... ALL aluminum body and the indoor controller seems to weigh about 7 pounds! I have to download photos of the antenna I just remembered that I have on my memory card yet! Thanks/ Sue
    I'll be honest with you, while my cable knowledge is great, my antenna knowledge is not. 150ft run of Quad shield (assuming RG-6 though you may be running RG-11 which would deliver even less loss) should have a loss from about 1.5 db in the lower freqs to about 4.5 db in the upper freqs so yes, with a 30db gain amp you may still be over driving the hell out of the signal. But here's the great news, I don't want anything in return for the amp so there is nothing to lose (except two minutes of installation time) to see if it helps and if it does, you're good to go! Just let me know how many outlets you are activating in your home and that will decide which amp you need. Once I return from my cruise I'll be happy to meet you at your choice of location to deliver the amp.
    Likes R2D2, ROOT liked this post

Cracker Droid Baccarat Champion
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish there was a way to modify it NOT to be so strong
    Did you try padding it down, something like this, other values also available

http://www.amazon.com/3db-Coax-Cable.../dp/B0013L69D2
    R2D2
    Beep-op-whir-boop-weeee
    I'm a black and white type of guy, the only gray in my life is the hair on my head!
    Thanks ROOT thanked for this post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
    Did you try padding it down, something like this, other values also available

http://www.amazon.com/3db-Coax-Cable.../dp/B0013L69D2
    OMG! You are a savior! I never would have thought there was such a thing! You are such a sweetie too!! Never underestimate a Droid! Thanks, we placed our order! Susie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by friedshrimp View Post
    I'll be honest with you, while my cable knowledge is great, my antenna knowledge is not. 150ft run of Quad shield (assuming RG-6 though you may be running RG-11 which would deliver even less loss) should have a loss from about 1.5 db in the lower freqs to about 4.5 db in the upper freqs so yes, with a 30db gain amp you may still be over driving the hell out of the signal. But here's the great news, I don't want anything in return for the amp so there is nothing to lose (except two minutes of installation time) to see if it helps and if it does, you're good to go! Just let me know how many outlets you are activating in your home and that will decide which amp you need. Once I return from my cruise I'll be happy to meet you at your choice of location to deliver the amp.
    It is RG-6 and I will try R2D2's suggestion and try to 'pad' the amp and get back with you on the results. Enjoy your cruise. If I can 'pad' the pre-amp, I will be fine. If not, I will do some research and see if I can turn my CM7777 into a CM7778. I just need to figure out what the difference is between them. Maybe it is a 'choke' of some sort inside. The casing looks the same on the outside. I will try to find an interior look. I have the interior look of the 7777 model. Quite a simple pcb set-up. You folks have been so sweet to be concerned and help as you have. I'm sorry that I didn't expect much, but then again, that was from the experience I had on other sites. I love CC and everyone I have had the pleasure to mingle with! You are all too kind! Thanks. Susie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TRIVIA QUESTION>>>> What do you see here that can be changed to reduce the 30 db that this pre-amp pulls in? Is it the size of a magnet as found in Baluns? This is a CM 7777 board. I can also take photos of mine that are blown up IF this photo can't be enlarged enough. Sorry, could not post the enlarged photo. Thank-You. Susie

Last edited by WizardMaster; November 22nd, 2014 at 06:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Channel Master CM7777Image 5 of 7

Post amended automaticly

How's that? LOL>> Don't know what I did, but it worked! Susie

Piney-Woods Rooter Fishing the Sea Champion, Starcastle Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Cell-Out Champion, Railway Line Champion, Why did the chicken cross the road? Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, USA - Geography game Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, YetiSports 8 - Jungle Swing Champion, YetiSports Swing N Slide Champion, Yeti Sports 5 - Pro Edition Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, Eggz Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Yeti 9 - Final Spit Champion, Yeti Pentathlon Champion, Bounce Hard Champion, Harbor Fishing Champion, CiTv Alfred Alien Rush Hour Champion, Pineapple! Champion, DownHill Jumps Champion, DragonFable - FireSpawn Champion, Rat Trap Champion, Scrat Jump Champion, The Furr Twins Champion, Power Ball Challenge Champion, Rocketcat Champion, Rumble Ball: Field num.2 Champion, Time To Score 2006 Champion, Tuny In The Sky Champion, Boulanger Champion, Ambulance Rush v2 Champion, Flappy Champion, Rainman Champion, SkeeBall Champion, Watch Out Champion, EggRun 2 on grass Champion, Super Sonic Click Champion, Coal Express 3 Champion, Flying High Champion, Kitty Throw Champion, Angry Birds Champion, Magic Doors Champion, Fruit Machine Bonus Trail Champion, Zwingo Champion, Grannie Fu Champion, 9-Ball Champion, Turkey Bowling 2005 Champion, Play Ball Champion, Crazy Pool Champion, Uberpool Champion, Pinheadz Champion, Mini Pool 3 Champion, Halloween Bowling Champion, Pool MX Klassik Champion, Hairball Bowling Champion, Island Bowling Champion, Crumbs 2 Champion, Robin Hood Mission Champion, Amigo Pancho 2 Champion, Avalanche Run Champion, Mega Jump - Ice Version Champion, Xmas Boarding Champion, Snowball Of Doom Champion, Santa Strike Champion, Super Santa Champion, Rudolphs Revenge Champion, Ultimate Presents Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Accordion Hero Champion, Don't Click Santa v2 Champion, Turkey Hunter Champion, Santa Sling Champion, Happy Christmas Champion, Snowball roll Champion, Fridge Raiders Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Banana Monkey Champion, Mosquito Mayhem Champion, Cute Rabbit Vs Monsters Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Pinboliada Champion, Pest Attack Champion, Down Hill Jumps Champion, UNO 3 Champion, Home Run Derby Points Champion, Bugs Bunnys Home Run Derby Champion, Tribal Olympics Champion, Castle Defender Champion, Daffy Jumper V32 Champion, Serfs Up! Champion, Panda Baseball Champion, Cone Crazy 2 Champion, Dangerous Voyage Champion, Tribal Olympics 2 Champion, Homerun Rally Champion, Heroine Hoops Champion, GolfJam Champion, Everyones Hero Champion, Mega Jump Champion, Kick The Ref! Champion, Maze Game - Golf Champion, Jab we throw Champion, Tribal Jump Champion, Crary Canyon Golf Champion, Brown Cow Curling Champion, Diving Champion Champion, West Gunfighter Master Champion, Golfman Xtreme - Insane Mode Champion, Table Hockey Ultra Champion, KickTheRef! Champion, Office Hoops Champion, Leaf Bording Champion, Bugs Bunny Gone Fishing Champion, Bass Fishing Pro Champion, Fish Me Champion, Power Driver Champion, Mile High Club Golf Champion, Sand Boarding Champion, Pro Zombie Golf Champion, Ill Be Lightning Champion, Journey To The Chaos Monkey King Champion, Jungle Mafia Champion, Bomby Bomy Champion, 1 of 24 Champion, CCC Pirates Champion, Fishing Tactics Champion, Master Gear Champion, Impale 2 Champion, Jump In The Dark Champion, TNT Robots Champion, Chucka Boom Champion, Ononmin 2 Min. Champion, Cheestrings Electric Dreams Champion, Electro String Champion, Word Search 39 Grow Champion, Ben10 Power Ride Champion, The Flood Inception Part One Champion, Cubium Level Pack Champion, Prism Dice Champion, Kamikaze Blocks Champion, Ice Age - Regular Show Champion, Need To Feed Champion, Super Mario Pop The Enemys Champion, OverWhelmed Hard Champion, Color Spell Game Champion, Slideon Champion, Rascal Build Skyscraper Champion, Word Builder Champion, Overprotection Champion, Yeti Long Ass Shot 2 Champion, Redneck Games - Possum Chucker Champion, Shoot the Robbers Champion, Hamstix Champion, Skate Grind Champion, Heights Champion, Destructo Shark Champion, Super Wordplay Champion, The Most Wanted Bandito Champion, Pizzaboy   Champion, The Gritch Champion, Rolling Fall 3 Champion, Pyramid Rescue Champion, Regular Show Escape From Ninja Dojo Champion, Hungry Worms 2 Champion, Navy Vs Army : Army Champion, Monster Roaster Champion, King Of Hearts Champion, Xenocrate Champion, King Of Spades Champion, Navy Vs Army : Navy Champion, Woman On Top Champion, Spank the Monkey Champion, Stone Punk Champion, BMX Backflips Champion, kugelwahn Champion, Honey Flows Champion, Food Crush Champion, Mouse Force Adventures Champion, Trivia Machine Champion, Shatter Cannon Champion, The Mote Pisa Total Buys Champion, Party Animal Champion, Throw It Champion, Natural Selection 2 Champion, GemClix Blast Champion, Artic Show Down Champion, Roberto Cook Master Champion, Rat Fishing Champion, Cracking Monkey Champion, Dude Bear 2 Level Pack Champion, Spider Web Champion, Mahjong Tai Owolove Champion, Proximity Alert Champion, Smell My Fart Champion, Goldminer 2015 Champion, Mower Move Champion, Nuclear Gun: Survival Champion, Snot Put Champion, 45 Degrees Of Madness Champion, Spades Champion, Smart Birds Champion, Pinky In Park Champion, Mango Melon Mayhem Champion, Fast Dragon Champion, Ratiminator Champion, Spark Your Neurons Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your right up on TV reception.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could use the car ramps, but do not have anything to trade at this time. My life is really on the run right now. Medical issue with a family member and just to many thing needing done, without enough time to get them done for sure! I also think I know someone that could use a TV for their man cave. The man cave will be a surprise to him. His wife told him she was setting the room up as a romper room for the kids. He is not allowed in until after Christmas!
    Last edited by Uncle Charlie; November 22nd, 2014 at 07:20 PM.
    Life would suck, if we were all the same!
    Likes K9Luvn liked this post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Charlie View Post
    I could use the car ramps, but do not have anything to trade at this time. My life is really on the run right now. Medical issue with a family member and just to many thing needing done, without enough time to get them done for sure! I also think I know someone that could use a TV for their man cave. The man cave will be a surprise to him. His wife told him she was setting the room up as a romper room for the kids. He is not allowed in until after Christmas!
    Not looking for trades. Just looking to make some room here. The ramps and what ever else you want are yours. Go ahead and PM me when you want to pick them up and I will PM you my number.
    Last edited by WizardMaster; November 22nd, 2014 at 09:31 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast