Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: Purchases

Default Re: Purchases

WOW, a whole 15 cents! Yipeeeeeeee. Too bad you weren't tied in with Ebay and or instead of Amazon, you'd make a killing! Maybe some day Amazon will accept Paypal but their prices are getting ridiculous lately anyway. And they tell you to become a member if you want to save money and get free shipping, otherwise you have to spend at least $50, I believe, to get free shipping. Amazon used to be really good at keeping prices low but since they are a 'go-between' company now, they dictate what the seller wants so they get a large profit for helping the seller sell their product.. Amazon is more or less a consignment store I've notice. IF you want to sell something, they want to sell it for you. Amazon used to be the place for me to shop, but no more. Not till they settle down. Their prices are crazy. CHEWY on the other hand would be another good investment. They are the 'Amazon' for pet products and very well priced.
    Last edited by Jeffrey; February 13th, 2019 at 09:07 AM.
    No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn.

Stikini Slayer Penguin Pass Champion, Block n Roll Champion, Attack Of The Fan Girls Champion, Falafel King Champion, Donkey Tail Champion, Little Protectors Champion, When Penguins Attack TD Champion, Grid Iron Champion, Z-Wars Champion, Tribal Jungle Fruit Quest Champion, Open Source Rock Paper Scissors Champion, Nature Race Champion, DirtyColor Champion, American 8-Ball Pool Champion, Gumball Line-up Champion, Digi-Digi Champion, SevenYo! Champion, Firebug 2 Champion, hit the target Champion, Guns Defense Champion, Robot In The Hole Champion, Chicken Licken Champion, Gemollection Players Pack Champion, Fred's Pick Up Tour 3 Champion, Korrode Champion, Zaptonia Defense Champion, The Eggs Mystery Champion, Underwater TD Champion, Easter Defence Champion, CrissCross Champion, Rooftop Sniper Champion, Dragon Ambush 2 Champion, Zombie Smash Tower Defense Champion, US Border TD Champion, Underworld TD Champion, Zombie Trailer Park Champion, Potion Panic 2 Champion, WDYK? 3 Urban Lingo Champion, Bloons Tower Defense 4 Champion, Medicine Dealer Champion, The Blocks Revenge Champion, Animal Catcher Champion, Zombie Disposal Champion, Omg Scary Smiley Champion, The Flame Champion, TumbleDots Champion, Politricks Champion, Pirates Champion, City Digger Champion, redwhite slice Champion, Grammachnophobia Champion, Tabla Champion, Pixelshocks' Tower Defence II Champion, DropSum Champion, Blackbeard's Island Deluxe Champion, Short History of the World Champion, Anatomicus Anatomy Game Champion, Socium Champion, Magic Defense Champion, Bowmaster Champion, Kingdom Of Saguenay TD Champion, Ninjas vs Pirates TD 3 Champion, WasteLand Defender v2 Champion, Red Red Champion, Lucky Coins Champion, Handless Millionaire 2 Champion, TOTWO DARK Champion, Take a Walk Champion, Beat Chaser 2 Champion, 1 Will Survive Champion, Lines Game - Master Champion, Mickey Ball Champion, Windowcleaner Eyetoygame Champion
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    WOW, a whole 15 cents! Yipeeeeeeee. Too bad you weren't tied in with Ebay and or instead of Amazon, you'd make a killing! Maybe some day Amazon will accept Paypal but their prices are getting ridiculous lately anyway. And they tell you to become a member if you want to save money and get free shipping, otherwise you have to spend at least $50, I believe, to get free shipping. Amazon used to be really good at keeping prices low but since they are a 'go-between' company now, they dictate what the seller wants so they get a large profit for helping the seller sell their product.. Amazon is more or less a consignment store I've notice. IF you want to sell something, they want to sell it for you. Amazon used to be the place for me to shop, but no more. Not till they settle down. Their prices are crazy. CHEWY on the other hand would be another good investment. They are the 'Amazon' for pet products and very well priced.
    I find my Amazon Prime membership very valuable, Not just the free shipping, but prime video is better than Netflix so that's worth the 8.25 a month.
    I don't understand what your issue with payment options are. I have multiple funding sources set up including a refillable MasterCard and have never had an issue. In fact I use my pay-pal debit visa as a source in a few situations were paypal isn't accepted directly. Amazon sellers prices are competitive and sometimes I get really sweet deals by searching for the "used" option. this lets me see the warehouse deals were you can often get deep discounts for damages packaging and minor dings.
    What really sold me on Amazon, besides the fact I don't have to deal with idiots in public at big box stores that don't have what i need, is the simple return process, I had to return two things in 3 years and was credited as soon as the postman took the prepaid package.
    The scent of fresh cut grass is plants screaming.
    Abolish Lawns and golf courses!
    Suppression of grasses is an inter-kingdom hate crime.
    TAX TURF NOT EARTH
    Thumbs Up KathyInAR liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by ROOT View Post
    I find my Amazon Prime membership very valuable, Not just the free shipping, but prime video is better than Netflix so that's worth the 8.25 a month.
    I don't understand what your issue with payment options are. I have multiple funding sources set up including a refillable MasterCard and have never had an issue. In fact I use my pay-pal debit visa as a source in a few situations were paypal isn't accepted directly. Amazon sellers prices are competitive and sometimes I get really sweet deals by searching for the "used" option. this lets me see the warehouse deals were you can often get deep discounts for damages packaging and minor dings.
    What really sold me on Amazon, besides the fact I don't have to deal with idiots in public at big box stores that don't have what i need, is the simple return process, I had to return two things in 3 years and was credited as soon as the postman took the prepaid package.
    I didn't mean it to sound raspy and disgruntled and yes, I'm sure you're right. I've been told that Prime Membership is for those who buy a lot from amazon ( that makes membership worthwhile) and like the membership at a Sam's Club. I don't have issues with payment options but I need to look deeper I spose and I may find a refillable credit card very useful for Amazon. I do know that if it's manufactured, Amazon can get it for you. And it has been mentioned before, I believe, about the 'Paypal Mastercard' refillable through my paypal account at Paypal.com? That may be the best route so I'm not stuck with mainly shopping through Ebay all the time. Yes, I see the benefits could be good. I want to start purchasing where we can both benefit. Did I understand that right? "I have multiple funding sources set up including a refillable MasterCard and have never had an issue. " << I will look for that. Thanks for that thorough explanation.
    No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn.

Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion

I so agree with you...there is absolutely no reason for someone not to be able to purchase from Amazon.com regardless of how they wish to pay for it. There are work arounds for every situation. I understand that some might not have credit cards either because they don't trust themselves with being able not to make purchases they really can't afford or bad credit or just simply not wanting them. PayPal uses some source of $$$ whether it be bank accounts or credit/debit cards as well as their own debit cards.

I too have never had a problem with them. I have been shopping with them since almost day one and once purchased a chair mat that was specified for use on carpet that would never lay flat and one side and corner of it raised off the carpet approximately an inch making it a tripping issue. I called them, after dealing with it for several months of placing heavy books and other weights on it trying to cure the problem. They helped me find one that had excellent reviews and refunded the full amount for the one I purchased and told me to just discard it, not to return it. Also, as an "award for my troubles" they gave me a $40 credit to be used for future purchases. I purchases the new one, and after a couple of years it is still working perfect. Neither of the mats I purchases exceeded $40, so essentially I got it for free (because of my troubles). The only other time, was a year or so ago, I order something which I don't even remember what it was except that it was a Prime item, which guarantees 2-day delivery (the post office or whatever carrier that is delivering it even delivers on Sundays and holidays if that is the second day) and after 4 days I still didn't get it. They checked and showed that I should get it the next day (5th day) and because of that they gave me a $15 credit.

And to second ROOT, I absolutely agree that Amazon Prime videos and programming is better than Netflix. And if the video isn't a Prime one, you can purchase it for a nominal $3 or $4.

And their prices are certainly competitive:

Today, the price of the kitty food for Arabella:

Amazon.com Prime: Pro Plan Focus Indoor Care Turkey & Rice Formula Adult Dry Cat Food - 16 lb bag -- Price $36.98 delivered, no shipping costs and delivered in 2 days guaranteed.

Chewy.com: Pro Plan Focus Indoor Care Turkey & Rice Formula Adult Dry Cat Food - 16 lb bag -- Price $36.98 + $4.95 shipping costs -- must purchase $49 for free 1-2 day free shipping.

Pet Smart Local Store: Pro Plan Focus Indoor Care Turkey & Rice Formula Adult Dry Cat Food - 16 lb bag -- Price $42.69 and I have to go get it and look at the precious little kittens they have for adoptions and feel bad because I left the store without giving one of them a home.
    Last edited by KathyInAR; February 14th, 2019 at 01:32 PM.
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Right-o, purchased my florida room furniture(sometime back) was delivered on time. piece o cake, billed ok

Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    Right-o, purchased my florida room furniture(sometime back) was delivered on time. piece o cake, billed ok
    I remember.
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea

Stikini Slayer Penguin Pass Champion, Block n Roll Champion, Attack Of The Fan Girls Champion, Falafel King Champion, Donkey Tail Champion, Little Protectors Champion, When Penguins Attack TD Champion, Grid Iron Champion, Z-Wars Champion, Tribal Jungle Fruit Quest Champion, Open Source Rock Paper Scissors Champion, Nature Race Champion, DirtyColor Champion, American 8-Ball Pool Champion, Gumball Line-up Champion, Digi-Digi Champion, SevenYo! Champion, Firebug 2 Champion, hit the target Champion, Guns Defense Champion, Robot In The Hole Champion, Chicken Licken Champion, Gemollection Players Pack Champion, Fred's Pick Up Tour 3 Champion, Korrode Champion, Zaptonia Defense Champion, The Eggs Mystery Champion, Underwater TD Champion, Easter Defence Champion, CrissCross Champion, Rooftop Sniper Champion, Dragon Ambush 2 Champion, Zombie Smash Tower Defense Champion, US Border TD Champion, Underworld TD Champion, Zombie Trailer Park Champion, Potion Panic 2 Champion, WDYK? 3 Urban Lingo Champion, Bloons Tower Defense 4 Champion, Medicine Dealer Champion, The Blocks Revenge Champion, Animal Catcher Champion, Zombie Disposal Champion, Omg Scary Smiley Champion, The Flame Champion, TumbleDots Champion, Politricks Champion, Pirates Champion, City Digger Champion, redwhite slice Champion, Grammachnophobia Champion, Tabla Champion, Pixelshocks' Tower Defence II Champion, DropSum Champion, Blackbeard's Island Deluxe Champion, Short History of the World Champion, Anatomicus Anatomy Game Champion, Socium Champion, Magic Defense Champion, Bowmaster Champion, Kingdom Of Saguenay TD Champion, Ninjas vs Pirates TD 3 Champion, WasteLand Defender v2 Champion, Red Red Champion, Lucky Coins Champion, Handless Millionaire 2 Champion, TOTWO DARK Champion, Take a Walk Champion, Beat Chaser 2 Champion, 1 Will Survive Champion, Lines Game - Master Champion, Mickey Ball Champion, Windowcleaner Eyetoygame Champion
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    I didn't mean it to sound raspy and disgruntled and yes, I'm sure you're right. I've been told that Prime Membership is for those who buy a lot from amazon ( that makes membership worthwhile) and like the membership at a Sam's Club. I don't have issues with payment options but I need to look deeper I spose and I may find a refillable credit card very useful for Amazon. I do know that if it's manufactured, Amazon can get it for you. And it has been mentioned before, I believe, about the 'Paypal Mastercard' refillable through my paypal account at Paypal.com? That may be the best route so I'm not stuck with mainly shopping through Ebay all the time. Yes, I see the benefits could be good. I want to start purchasing where we can both benefit. Did I understand that right? "I have multiple funding sources set up including a refillable MasterCard and have never had an issue. " << I will look for that. Thanks for that thorough explanation.
    Yes, I received a MasterCard refillable gift card and added it to my payment options to use the balance. My spouse and I keep separate checking and cc so each of those are an option to use on purchases so we don't mess up one another accounting.

I use Amazon a lot just because I don't have to go anywhere stuff gets here lighting fast and I can get most any part or hardware I need. But mostly because I am free from exposure to Idiots in public.
    TAX TURF NOT EARTH
    LOL KathyInAR Laughed at this post

.... But mostly because I am free from exposure to Idiots in public.
    Yeah!!! That too!

Blog Entries

unfortunately the internet is full of them
    TAX TURF NOT EARTH

Quote Originally Posted by KathyInAR View Post
    I understand that some might not have credit cards either because they don't trust themselves with being able not to make purchases they really can't afford or bad credit..........................
    Now that's a funny one there!! I wouldn't really understand any such thing because I don't get into other's business like some I know. I am also not one to run around bragging about myself or my past because it's my business and I enjoy keeping people wondering.. I just don't trust people standing behind me in line at the stores, or those I give my CC info to. And forget ATM's! Yes, I have had credit card info ripped off by a store clerk in the past ( maybe Radio Shack, not sure)after using it at one of our stores here in Palm Coast. I get a call about unusual activity about an hour after I used it at ONE store and one store only that day. I told them to put a stop on my card and deny future use of it and they erased those fraudulent charges and ever since then I only carry and spend cash. It looks cool pulling a wad of cash from your pocket. I've never shopped that store again and that was 21 years ago so it may be closed by now( and I know Radio Shack is if that was the store, I forget). I let the wife handle the finances and use credit cards but I'm through with it for now. From time to time she get's a call of unusual activity on her cards and it was someone stealing her card info and she cancels that card and get's a replacement card but I won't deal with it. Between my wallet and my Paypal account, I also spend approx. $800 a month on my hobbies alone and yes, I'm fine at spending money responsibly and I'm fine and saving money when needed. I am a partner in a buddy's auto mechanic shop. I save for what I need and I spend on what I need. No problems here in case you needed to know. I have no credit problems either. Paypal keeps wanting to give me a credit card and I keep ignoring them... Maybe someday I'll use my great credit and get a couple again but nothing like the 10 to 15 cards I used to have...

It occurs to me that if paypal isn't connected to a credit/debit card for payment, then it must be connected to a bank account. If a person wants to shop easily on Amazon.com and doesn't use credit cards why wouldn't they apply for a debit card in conjunction with their bank account and use that to shop on Amazon.com? If they don't want to use it for other purchases they wouldn't even have to carry it with them and could store it safely in their home. It occurred to me yesterday while filling my car up that one of the most valuable aspects of a credit card is not having to go into the convenience store and stand in line to pay for my gas. IMO, it is a win-win for me!!! I do look carefully and check to make sure that there isn't a skimming device on the card reader and using a credit card is always safer than using a debit card as money is not taken out of your checking account as it with a debit card, so if there is a compromise with the card it is much easier to resolve. I have a debit card and only use it to make cash withdrawals at a bank ATM machine and never shop with it.
    Last edited by KathyInAR; February 16th, 2019 at 12:06 PM.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516