Thread: Cantina Louie

Cracker Bytch Fling a Thing Champion, Deep Freeze Champion, J B Snowman Punch Champion, Operatin Maboule Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cantina Louie

Located on the SE corner of US1 & Hwy 312, St. Augustine

Almost didn't stop because the spouse thought the exterior was cheesy and touristy looking. The parking lot was half-full, even on a Monday @ 6pm. I pulled in despite the spousal abuse. We're glad I did.

The big sellers here are the "Mexican Street Foods" which is a variety of tacos. $2 Tamales on Sunday, $5 Mojito's on Monday. We decided on traditional dinners.

We ordered Classic Mojito's, Chile Rellenos, and Carnitas Burrito.

The Mojito's were properly prepared, with lime, muddled mint & simple syrup. Very tasty. Went down way to fast. Only $5 on Mondays!

Handmade chips and salsa start everything off right:

The Chile Rellenos were battered every so slightly in egg and stuffed with queso cheese. The red sauce did not drown out the chiles. A few seeds remained just to give a good kick. Served with rice and beans.

The Carnitas Burrito was stuffed with tender pulled pork heated gently in a flat top grille. It was smothered in a wonderful queso sauce. Served with rice and salad.

Cantina Louie's is a loud, family style cantina with big, purple booths. By the time we left this place almost packed with repeat customers. We'll be back.

Did I mention Mojito's are only 5 bucks on Mondays? :D :D :D
    Likes WizardMaster, ROOT, R2D2, TailTeaser, sundealer liked this post

In The Pokey Land fill Bill Champion, Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Cat Bowling Champion, Just Throw Me Champion, Billiards Frenzy Champion, Saturdays Night Blood Fest Champion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Cantina Louie

I believe me, my wife and her parents ate there one night! The food was out of this world!

Chum Churner Jason's Pong Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Apprentice - Dairy Queen Champion, Bogan Surf Champion, Cooking Cookies Champion, Save the Goldfish Champion, Cube Tema Strategy Champion, Pancake Tosser Champion, Tomato Bounce Champion, Turtle Shot Champion, Osmose Mah Jong Champion, Urban Mahjongg Chase Champion, Mahjong Pinguy Champion, Zodiac Leo Mahjong Champion, Sparky Mahjong Champion, Shopping City Champion, Kick Up Champion, Bra Drop Champion, Laser Jumper Champion, Hamster Flight Champion, HeliStrike v32 Champion, Street Race in LA Champion, FUTS90 - First Ultimate Table Soccer Champion, Typotron Champion, Zombie Toss Champion, Discover Paris Champion, Bush Wars Last Episode:Attack of The Shoes Champion, Please Save Me! Champion, Target Finder Champion, Das Boom Champion, Scout Games Champion, Where Is My Left Sock? Champion, Papa's Taco Mia! Champion, Dingo Pingo 3 Champion, Fried Chicken Restaurant Champion, Burning Balls Champion, Instruments Trivia by FlashGamesFan.com Champion, The Apothecary's cellar Champion, Zoo Mahjongg Champion, Hidden Beers Champion, MasterGeometry Champion, Rejected Summer Games Champion, Snot Eater Champion, Snowboarding Santa Champion, Algar Champion, Ba Ba Lian Lian Kan Mahjong Champion, Rows N Dots Easy Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: Cantina Louie

Going to the orthopedic in St. A today.............Gonna be hard to resist stopping.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell
    ~Don't even think about it! ~
    Likes Stumpy McDugal, R2D2, WizardMaster liked this post