Cracker Bytch Fling a Thing Champion, Deep Freeze Champion, J B Snowman Punch Champion, Operatin Maboule Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Oceanside Beach Bar & Grill

We've heard good things about Oceanside and decided to give it a go. We arrived at 4pm to beat out the evening crowds that we heard of.

Seating was prompt with an ocean view. The decor was Italian beachy, clean, with a slightly modern digital twist near the bar.

Our server was super fast and pleasant. She recited her drink and dinner specials and promptly took our drink orders.

We ordered the Eggplant Parm and Shrimp & Grits. Dinners come with salad and hot garlic bread.

We chose Greek salads which were crisp, fresh, and cold. It's refreshing to have a restaurant serve salad in cold plates. The salad was covered with feta cheese and contained lots of delicious meats. The house vinaigrette dressing was light and refreshing.

Our entrees arrived soon after our salads were finished, both piping hot and inviting.

My partner order the Eggplant Parm which she ordered with spaghetti pasta and meat sauce. The egglant was fried perfectly and very tender. There was a slight crunch on the crust as it should be. The pasta was complimented by the very meaty and slightly sweet sauce. Tons of meat with just the right amount of sauce. The cheese topping was wonderful and she didn't have to add any extra. Good sized portion with enough left over for lunch tomorrow.

I had the Shrimp & Grits. It was recommended to me by other patrons, but I was still hesitant to try it. Being a True Southerner, I am always wary of "the best blah-blah-blah" you ever ate. When my plate arrived I was in awe of the portion size and the wonderful aroma. The grits were perfectly done not over cooked. The sauce was creamy with bits of roasted garlic and onion. No additional seasonings needed. The shrimp were tender and fresh. Luckily I saved some garlic bread as I cleaned my plate completely. Something I hardly ever do.

Service was excellent. All of the wait staff takes care of you, not just your initial server. Little did we know that one of the owners came by to check on us as well.

Excellent food with a broad menu. I can see why they get the crowds. Go early, you won't be disappointed.

5/5 Stars

Name:  DSC_0755.JPG
Views: 32
Size:  170.4 KB

Name:  DSC_0756.JPG
Views: 32
Size:  224.4 KB

Name:  DSC_0757.JPG
Views: 33
Size:  202.4 KB
    Likes WizardMaster liked this post

Founder Zookeeper Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Zodiac Master Champion, Staries reflection 2 Champion, Gem Swap Deluxe Champion, Bling Bling Blaster Champion, Farm Hustle Champion, Ancient jewels 2 Champion, Candystand Mah-Jongg Champion, Ancient Shapes Champion, War of Thrones Champion, Pro Football History and Stats Champion, College Football History, Stats, and Trivia Champion, Baseball Stats and Trivia Champion, Animal Trivia Champion, What Do You Know? Champion, Match O Rama Pigs Champion, Pretty Penguins Champion, Jocker Champion, Candy Crush Champion, Midas Mahjong Champion, Mahjong War Champion, Mahjong Devil Island Champion, Cactus McCoy Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Oceanside Beach Bar & Grill

Are you sure you had Greek salads? If it had meat on it, most likely it was an antipasto.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light but there was brimstone in his throat
    He'd show me the way according to him in return for my personal check
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and I lit another cigarette

Cracker Bytch Fling a Thing Champion, Deep Freeze Champion, J B Snowman Punch Champion, Operatin Maboule Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sundealer View Post
    Are you sure you had Greek salads? If it had meat on it, most likely it was an antipasto.
    "They" called it a greek salad.

Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It all looks yummy!
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Likes sundealer liked this post

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lil De and I just went there Saturday Night, Still Fantastic. Island steel drum music playing. Upstairs almost done, open patio deck!!!!!!!

Tell Johnny that his Sicilian Momma sent you! You might get a good seat. LOL!!!!

We have been going there since day one. They have a bar too! DAng, I wish I drank!

By the way, these are Manny's Sons that own the place and their Momma is there too, not George though.........
    Last edited by VietnamVet; June 1st, 2015 at 11:05 PM.