Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Tropical Storm/Hurricane Erika

Quote Originally Posted by K9Luvn View Post
    I really appreciate all the tips. Just regretting that my generator isn't here for AC purposes!! Any tips on what to do to stay cool is greatly appreciated as with MS I get very sick from heat.
    Quote Originally Posted by sundealer View Post
    Sign up for the special needs shelter. If the power is out for any length of time that would be the best thing.
    Do you know how or who I need to call for that? I'm in PC B section just west of 95.
    Last September our street is one of the streets that flooded
    Quote Originally Posted by sundealer View Post
    Also let the electric company know if you need power for oxygen (like me) or any other medical devise. This will get them in your area a little quicker.
    Maybe under the circumstances it would be a good idea to batten down the hatches and head for higher ground (evacuate) until the storm is over and utilities restored.
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Thanks K9Luvn thanked for this post

In The Pokey Land fill Bill Champion, Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Cat Bowling Champion, Just Throw Me Champion, Billiards Frenzy Champion, Saturdays Night Blood Fest Champion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And this can come in handy during times like this too..............
    Name:  000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  26.9 KB

Stikini Slayer Penguin Pass Champion, Block n Roll Champion, Attack Of The Fan Girls Champion, Falafel King Champion, Donkey Tail Champion, Little Protectors Champion, When Penguins Attack TD Champion, Grid Iron Champion, Z-Wars Champion, Tribal Jungle Fruit Quest Champion, Open Source Rock Paper Scissors Champion, Nature Race Champion, DirtyColor Champion, American 8-Ball Pool Champion, Gumball Line-up Champion, Digi-Digi Champion, SevenYo! Champion, Firebug 2 Champion, hit the target Champion, Guns Defense Champion, Robot In The Hole Champion, Chicken Licken Champion, Gemollection Players Pack Champion, Fred's Pick Up Tour 3 Champion, Korrode Champion, Zaptonia Defense Champion, The Eggs Mystery Champion, Underwater TD Champion, Easter Defence Champion, CrissCross Champion, Rooftop Sniper Champion, Dragon Ambush 2 Champion, Zombie Smash Tower Defense Champion, US Border TD Champion, Underworld TD Champion, Zombie Trailer Park Champion, Potion Panic 2 Champion, WDYK? 3 Urban Lingo Champion, Bloons Tower Defense 4 Champion, Medicine Dealer Champion, The Blocks Revenge Champion, Animal Catcher Champion, Zombie Disposal Champion, Omg Scary Smiley Champion, The Flame Champion, TumbleDots Champion, Politricks Champion, Pirates Champion, City Digger Champion, redwhite slice Champion, Grammachnophobia Champion, Tabla Champion, Pixelshocks' Tower Defence II Champion, DropSum Champion, Blackbeard's Island Deluxe Champion, Short History of the World Champion, Anatomicus Anatomy Game Champion, Socium Champion, Magic Defense Champion, Bowmaster Champion, Kingdom Of Saguenay TD Champion, Ninjas vs Pirates TD 3 Champion, WasteLand Defender v2 Champion, Red Red Champion, Lucky Coins Champion, Handless Millionaire 2 Champion, TOTWO DARK Champion, Take a Walk Champion, Beat Chaser 2 Champion, 1 Will Survive Champion, Lines Game - Master Champion, Mickey Ball Champion, Windowcleaner Eyetoygame Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is looking more like my premonitions of it following the same path as the labor day 1035 storm may be valid. I hope not but If she does push over on the gulf and gets some recharge from the warm water it could swing back across the state like charlie did.
    Regarless we are clearly going to get some rain and wind

there is no proof whatsoever that the first word of it is truthful. Not one "fact" is has been corroborated

In The Pokey Land fill Bill Champion, Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Cat Bowling Champion, Just Throw Me Champion, Billiards Frenzy Champion, Saturdays Night Blood Fest Champion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, we took a drive through Flagler Beach and saw storm preparedness already......
    Name:  000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  59.0 KB

Founder Mahjongg 3D Tile Set 1 Champion, Gorillaz Tiles Champion, Nile Tiles Champion, Snow Day Champion, Food Mahjong Champion, Calculation Solitaire Champion, Calculation Solitaire Easy Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be glad when it is over. I have stopped watching news for now. They are such alarmists.
    Likes WizardMaster, K9Luvn, sundealer liked this post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is best to try to cheer each other up during times like this...BTW, I drove past K9Luvn's house and saw her husband after the last storm....She's not kidding about the street flooding!
Views: 26
Size:  58.8 KB

Cracklin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Below you can see how the Canal System was designed by the Coastal Engineering Department of the University of Florida. The floors of the houses here were recommended to be 18" above the CROWN of the streets. The first line of defense is the swales, if rains are heavy, the swales overflow into the streets, the secondard defense is our streets holding all the water, eventually they subside, and NO water into our houses.
    The System has worked all last Century effectively; Our swales and streets have flooded but again...who cares - no water into our houses. Sadly newer arrivals Park in and Damage the Swale System because they are unaware of the Design Plan.
    You can see the uniformity of heights in the Design Plan. I am A - Clark Lane and the surrounding streets have never flooded and the system here is very effective. Who cares if the STreets Flood....who cares - that is the Design plan....The key is.... water never entering our houses.
    See:
    Name:  AerialViewOtterbein.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  54.7 KB

If you are selling your house - remember to inform prospective buyers about this; not many areas in Florida can make this claim.
    Thank You University of Florida !
    Last edited by IMGeorge; August 28th, 2015 at 03:17 PM.
    Likes TailTeaser liked this post
    Thanks K9Luvn, WizardMaster thanked for this post

Marshtackie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:  72817_10151175362247282_1731323658_n.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  80.0 KB

Yep and this is my daughter out in her raft too (seriously)
    ~K9~ Make memories while you can... sometimes they don't last forever.

Marshtackie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IMGeorge View Post
    Below you can see how the Canal System was designed by the Coastal Engineering Department of the University of Florida. The floors of the houses here were recommended to be 18" above the CROWN of the streets. The first line of defense is the swales, if rains are heavy, the swales overflow into the streets, the secondard defense is our streets holding all the water, eventually they subside, and NO water into our houses.
    The System has worked all last Century effectively; Our swales and streets have flooded but again...who cares - no water into our houses. Sadly newer arrivals Park in and Damage the Swale System because they are unaware of the Design Plan.
    You can see the uniformity of heights in the Design Plan. I am A - Clark Lane and the surrounding streets have never flooded and the system here is very effective. Who cares if the STreets Flood....who cares - that is the Design plan....The key is.... water never entering our houses.
    Thank you so much for taking the time to explain all of that information to me. Now I have a much better understanding of how it works. Very very grateful!

Cracklin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

K-9 luvn - that is great - it shows that the Design plan was working. No water even nearing the houses.

I was thinking...if ever you sell you house...keep that picture and show the prospective buyers just HOW the University of Florida Coastal Engineering Department Designed the system here.

( it is 18" above the CROWN of the street ).
    Again, Great information for those buyers...and for Sellers in Palm Coast.

That is why Levitt I.t.T. kept ownership of the swales; this way newer arrivals not aware of the Design...won't park in, damage, plant in, fill in, etc. our Swale System.

This is why the Needhams, Stewards of This Old Palm Coast House sent in the 'Nomination Proposal' for Off Campus Historical MARKERS - to the University of Florida...to let people know. If APPROVED there will be a MARKER on Campus; the Needhams requested , if approved , that MARKERS be placed also in Palm Coast -

SEE: http://www.ufalumni.ufl.edu/historic...ers/About.html
    Last edited by IMGeorge; August 28th, 2015 at 03:38 PM.
    Likes WizardMaster, ROOT, K9Luvn, TailTeaser liked this post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can believe it from what I have seen in Flagler County. But it is touch and go in spots like in Bunnel and other low lying areas where drainage was not thought out too well by developers................. Luckily, I am surrounded by 3 lakes!!!!!!!!

Marshtackie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my I am sooooo sorry. Yes this is a picture of my daughter floating down the street in a raft but it was not here!! This was taken in a previous place we lived... not in Florida. I was just joking back that the photo really was my daughter in the picture, as the previous photo that Wizard joked was my husband was not really him.

I am so very sorry, I did not mean to mislead anyone.

Yes our street did get flooding September 2014 but it was primarily in two areas that made it impassable by cars (high trucks did fine though). But like the plan design, it did not go into any of the houses that I saw. Again I apologize for any confusion with the photo of my daughter.

Likes Achilles, ROOT liked this post

Founder Zookeeper Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Zodiac Master Champion, Staries reflection 2 Champion, Gem Swap Deluxe Champion, Bling Bling Blaster Champion, Farm Hustle Champion, Ancient jewels 2 Champion, Candystand Mah-Jongg Champion, Ancient Shapes Champion, War of Thrones Champion, Pro Football History and Stats Champion, College Football History, Stats, and Trivia Champion, Baseball Stats and Trivia Champion, Animal Trivia Champion, What Do You Know? Champion, Match O Rama Pigs Champion, Pretty Penguins Champion, Jocker Champion, Candy Crush Champion, Midas Mahjong Champion, Mahjong War Champion, Mahjong Devil Island Champion, Cactus McCoy Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IMGeorge View Post
    See:
    Name:  AerialViewOtterbein.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  54.7 KB

If you are selling your house - remember to inform prospective buyers about this; not many areas in Florida can make this claim.
    Thank You University of Florida !

Or "How to build houses in a swamp"!
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light but there was brimstone in his throat
    He'd show me the way according to him in return for my personal check
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and I lit another cigarette

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my I am sooooo sorry. Yes this is a picture of my daughter floating down the street in a raft but it was not here!! This was taken in a previous place we lived... not in Florida. I was just joking back that the photo really was my daughter in the picture, as the previous photo that Wizard joked was my husband was not really him.

I am so very sorry, I did not mean to mislead anyone.

Yes our street did get flooding September 2014 but it was primarily in two areas that made it impassable by cars (high trucks did fine though). But like the plan design, it did not go into any of the houses that I saw. Again I apologize for any confusion with the photo of my daughter.
    No confusion here. I knew the photo wasn't from around this area.

Cracklin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Flagler County call-in center remains open Saturday

Flagler County Emergency Management officials decided to re-open the call-in center Saturday morning to address questions residents may have about Tropical Storm Erika.

More...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Will Erika cause history to repeat during city’s 450th Commemoration?

Fifty-one years ago, on September 10, 1964, Hurricane Dora made landfall near St. Augustine. This was the first hurricane landfall in St. Augustine during the era of modern record keeping. During its life, Dora killed 5 people and caused $250 million in damage. It was the second in a quartet of hurricanes to affect Florida in that year and caused considerable damage to northeast Florida. Dora followed Cleo’s rampage up Florida’s east coast and was followed by Hilda, which inundated northern Florida, and Isabell, that struck southwest Florida. Dora was a Cape Verde storm, forming as a tropical depression near those islands west of Africa in late August. It didn’t intensify until it had traveled across the Main Development Region, becoming a Tropical Storm on September 1st.

More...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a computer model that was recently upgraded. It has a high resolution that enables it to simulate the inner workings of an incipient storm more accurately than models that divide the world into larger grid boxes.
    It is portraying T.S. Erika as a clear and present threat to parts of the U.S. by consistently showing that the storm — which is currently struggling in a hostile environment with wind shear and dry air trying to rip the storm apart — will intensify rapidly in about three days from now.
    The computer model, along with a few others, shows the storm as a Category 2 or 3 hurricane located near Miami or West Palm Beach by Sunday or Monday.

Name:  HWRFErika3.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  474.6 KB
    http://mashable.com/2015/08/26/tropi...rm-erika-path/

Stikini Slayer Penguin Pass Champion, Block n Roll Champion, Attack Of The Fan Girls Champion, Falafel King Champion, Donkey Tail Champion, Little Protectors Champion, When Penguins Attack TD Champion, Grid Iron Champion, Z-Wars Champion, Tribal Jungle Fruit Quest Champion, Open Source Rock Paper Scissors Champion, Nature Race Champion, DirtyColor Champion, American 8-Ball Pool Champion, Gumball Line-up Champion, Digi-Digi Champion, SevenYo! Champion, Firebug 2 Champion, hit the target Champion, Guns Defense Champion, Robot In The Hole Champion, Chicken Licken Champion, Gemollection Players Pack Champion, Fred's Pick Up Tour 3 Champion, Korrode Champion, Zaptonia Defense Champion, The Eggs Mystery Champion, Underwater TD Champion, Easter Defence Champion, CrissCross Champion, Rooftop Sniper Champion, Dragon Ambush 2 Champion, Zombie Smash Tower Defense Champion, US Border TD Champion, Underworld TD Champion, Zombie Trailer Park Champion, Potion Panic 2 Champion, WDYK? 3 Urban Lingo Champion, Bloons Tower Defense 4 Champion, Medicine Dealer Champion, The Blocks Revenge Champion, Animal Catcher Champion, Zombie Disposal Champion, Omg Scary Smiley Champion, The Flame Champion, TumbleDots Champion, Politricks Champion, Pirates Champion, City Digger Champion, redwhite slice Champion, Grammachnophobia Champion, Tabla Champion, Pixelshocks' Tower Defence II Champion, DropSum Champion, Blackbeard's Island Deluxe Champion, Short History of the World Champion, Anatomicus Anatomy Game Champion, Socium Champion, Magic Defense Champion, Bowmaster Champion, Kingdom Of Saguenay TD Champion, Ninjas vs Pirates TD 3 Champion, WasteLand Defender v2 Champion, Red Red Champion, Lucky Coins Champion, Handless Millionaire 2 Champion, TOTWO DARK Champion, Take a Walk Champion, Beat Chaser 2 Champion, 1 Will Survive Champion, Lines Game - Master Champion, Mickey Ball Champion, Windowcleaner Eyetoygame Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Tropical Storm Erika Chugs Toward Caribbean

there is no proof whatsoever that the first word of it is truthful. Not one "fact" is has been corroborated

Cracklin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

K9Luvn - thats o.k., maybe a reader here is trying to sell their home; maybe this information provided to a prospective buyer will help nail that sale. Even if it is only just one house; thats great!

Scrub cow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Erika’s Track Slides West, Threat Here Lessens

Volusia County, FL-The forecast track for Erika jogged to the west again Saturday when the NHC issued the latest predictions. Erika emerged from dumping rain on the Dominican Republic and Haiti still as a TS but a disorganized one at best. The National Weather Service revised the local forecast here for early next week to […]

Read More at News Daytona Beach

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast