Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Scrub cow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Tropical Storm Erika Chugs Toward Caribbean

Volusia County, FL-Watches and warnings are posted in the British Virgin Islands, the US Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico today ahead of Tropical Storm Erika. The National Hurricane Center’s current forecast track takes the storm to S. FL by early Monday morning, but the cone of uncertainty path now is still hundreds of miles […]

Read More at News Daytona Beach

Googlemeister Disco Bowling Champion
    PALM COAST, Florida "The Greatest Place on Earth"
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tropical Storm/Hurricane Erika

So we're at least 6-7 days away and last night all the weatherman wanted to talk about was this Erika.
    The accuracy of locations of Tropical systems striking anywhere 6-7 days out is horrendous as there are so many variables involved that are themselves ever changing, yet the media does it every single time.

Yes we should be attentive that there is a storm there that is slowly building and moving westward.
    But not enough to begin any kind of panic, yet they always do it.
    Oh and if you didn't know...We live in Florida, and as well as being able to expect that there will not be any snow this year, we might just have a hurricane or 5-6 to deal with and pay attention to as well!

For much information on any Tropical Systems I like to follow:http://flhurricane.com/

"Zipity Do Da, Zipity Day, My oh My what a Wonderful Day"
    Plenty of Sunshine - Not much rain!

Likes WizardMaster, Jeannie, K9Luvn liked this post

In The Pokey Land fill Bill Champion, Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Cat Bowling Champion, Just Throw Me Champion, Billiards Frenzy Champion, Saturdays Night Blood Fest Champion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Tropical Storm/Hurricane Erika

That is a great informational website,thanks!

Cracklin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Flagler County prepares for Erika, establishes call-in center

Flagler County Emergency Management officials have been fielding calls about Tropical Storm Erika, and decided to establish a call-in center to answer questions about basic preparedness as the storm continues westward with the potential to make landfall in South Florida.
    “The phone has been ringing off the hook,” said Kevin Guthrie, Flagler County’s Public Safety Emergency Manager. “We are bringing in volunteers to field questions, so that (Emergency Management) can monitor the storm.”
    The call-in center will go live at 9 a.m. Thursday morning. The call-in center will close at 5 p.m. The number is 386-586-5111. The call-in center will also be available 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday.
    Up-to-date information is also available at www.flagleremergency.com.
    “The National Hurricane Center is only monitoring the storm right now,” Guthrie said. “No warnings or protective actions have been issued.”
    Guthrie has been involved in conference calls with Florida Department of Emergency Management since Erika became a named storm. Conference calls locally with senior and elected officials started Wednesday afternoon.
    “People have been calling with the whole gamut of questions from what should I have in my disaster kit, to what can I bring to a shelter and where can I bring my pets,” Guthrie said.
    The Disaster Preparedness Guide – created through a cooperative effort of Flagler County Emergency Services and the cities of Palm Coast and Flagler Beach – is available at all fire stations throughout Flagler County and online at www.flagleremergency.com.
    It contains information about how to create a disaster plan, how to create a disaster supply kit and how to sign up for CodeRED weather warnings – a free service available to all Flagler County residents and local businesses.
    Sign up for the service by visiting www.flagleremergency.com and clicking on the CodeRED icon. This information can also be found on www.palmcoastgov.com and www.cityofflaglerbeach.com. Those without Internet access can call 386-313-4200, Palm Coast customer service 386-986-2360, or Flagler Beach Customer Service at 386-517-2000, ext. 243.

More...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tropical Storm Erika May Develop Into Hurricane As It Approaches Central Florida

Flagler Emergency Management will field a phone bank Thursday (386/586-5111) as the National Hurricane Center's latest projection about Tropical Storm Erika sees the storm developing into a hurricane after gaining strength Sunday.
    The post Tropical Storm Erika May Develop Into Hurricane As It Approaches Central Florida appeared first on FlaglerLive.

More...
    appeared first on FlaglerLive,where your comments are censored, but you can reply at crackercoast/

Founder Zookeeper Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Zodiac Master Champion, Staries reflection 2 Champion, Gem Swap Deluxe Champion, Bling Bling Blaster Champion, Farm Hustle Champion, Ancient jewels 2 Champion, Candystand Mah-Jongg Champion, Ancient Shapes Champion, War of Thrones Champion, Pro Football History and Stats Champion, College Football History, Stats, and Trivia Champion, Baseball Stats and Trivia Champion, Animal Trivia Champion, What Do You Know? Champion, Match O Rama Pigs Champion, Pretty Penguins Champion, Jocker Champion, Candy Crush Champion, Midas Mahjong Champion, Mahjong War Champion, Mahjong Devil Island Champion, Cactus McCoy Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Tropical Storm Erika May Develop Into Hurricane As It Approaches Central Florida

the sky is falling ...the sky is falling..
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light but there was brimstone in his throat
    He'd show me the way according to him in return for my personal check
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and I lit another cigarette

Banana King Penguin Pass Champion, Block n Roll Champion, Attack Of The Fan Girls Champion, Falafel King Champion, Donkey Tail Champion, Little Protectors Champion, When Penguins Attack TD Champion, Grid Iron Champion, Z-Wars Champion, Tribal Jungle Fruit Quest Champion, Open Source Rock Paper Scissors Champion, Nature Race Champion, DirtyColor Champion, American 8-Ball Pool Champion, Gumball Line-up Champion, Digi-Digi Champion, SevenYo! Champion, Firebug 2 Champion, hit the target Champion, Guns Defense Champion, Robot In The Hole Champion, Chicken Licken Champion, Gemollection Players Pack Champion, Fred's Pick Up Tour 3 Champion, Korrode Champion, Zaptonia Defense Champion, The Eggs Mystery Champion, Underwater TD Champion, Easter Defence Champion, CrissCross Champion, Rooftop Sniper Champion, Dragon Ambush 2 Champion, Zombie Smash Tower Defense Champion, US Border TD Champion, Underworld TD Champion, Zombie Trailer Park Champion, Potion Panic 2 Champion, WDYK? 3 Urban Lingo Champion, Bloons Tower Defense 4 Champion, Medicine Dealer Champion, The Blocks Revenge Champion, Animal Catcher Champion, Zombie Disposal Champion, Omg Scary Smiley Champion, The Flame Champion, TumbleDots Champion, Politricks Champion, Pirates Champion, City Digger Champion, redwhite slice Champion, Grammachnophobia Champion, Tabla Champion, Pixelshocks' Tower Defence II Champion, DropSum Champion, Blackbeard's Island Deluxe Champion, Short History of the World Champion, Anatomicus Anatomy Game Champion, Socium Champion, Magic Defense Champion, Bowmaster Champion, Kingdom Of Saguenay TD Champion, Ninjas vs Pirates TD 3 Champion, WasteLand Defender v2 Champion, Red Red Champion, Lucky Coins Champion, Handless Millionaire 2 Champion, TOTWO DARK Champion, Take a Walk Champion, Beat Chaser 2 Champion, 1 Will Survive Champion, Lines Game - Master Champion, Mickey Ball Champion, Windowcleaner Eyetoygame Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Tropical Storm Erika May Develop Into Hurricane As It Approaches Central Florida

80 years ago this week 1935 Labor Day Hurricane-Graphic Death & Destruction!

S҉m҉i҉l҉e҉ c҉a҉u҉s҉e҉ y҉o҉u҉r҉ a҉ C҉r҉a҉c҉k҉e҉r҉ n҉o҉w҉

Founder Zookeeper Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Zodiac Master Champion, Staries reflection 2 Champion, Gem Swap Deluxe Champion, Bling Bling Blaster Champion, Farm Hustle Champion, Ancient jewels 2 Champion, Candystand Mah-Jongg Champion, Ancient Shapes Champion, War of Thrones Champion, Pro Football History and Stats Champion, College Football History, Stats, and Trivia Champion, Baseball Stats and Trivia Champion, Animal Trivia Champion, What Do You Know? Champion, Match O Rama Pigs Champion, Pretty Penguins Champion, Jocker Champion, Candy Crush Champion, Midas Mahjong Champion, Mahjong War Champion, Mahjong Devil Island Champion, Cactus McCoy Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scrub cow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Flagler Prepares For Erika, Opens Call Center

Flagler County, FL-As phones begin to ring here with questions about what is now Tropical Storm Erika, Flagler County is going proactive and opening a call-in center today. The center will begin operation at 9 AM today and close at 5PM. It will open again Friday for the same hours. The number is386-586-5111. “The phone […]

Banana King Penguin Pass Champion, Block n Roll Champion, Attack Of The Fan Girls Champion, Falafel King Champion, Donkey Tail Champion, Little Protectors Champion, When Penguins Attack TD Champion, Grid Iron Champion, Z-Wars Champion, Tribal Jungle Fruit Quest Champion, Open Source Rock Paper Scissors Champion, Nature Race Champion, DirtyColor Champion, American 8-Ball Pool Champion, Gumball Line-up Champion, Digi-Digi Champion, SevenYo! Champion, Firebug 2 Champion, hit the target Champion, Guns Defense Champion, Robot In The Hole Champion, Chicken Licken Champion, Gemollection Players Pack Champion, Fred's Pick Up Tour 3 Champion, Korrode Champion, Zaptonia Defense Champion, The Eggs Mystery Champion, Underwater TD Champion, Easter Defence Champion, CrissCross Champion, Rooftop Sniper Champion, Dragon Ambush 2 Champion, Zombie Smash Tower Defense Champion, US Border TD Champion, Underworld TD Champion, Zombie Trailer Park Champion, Potion Panic 2 Champion, WDYK? 3 Urban Lingo Champion, Bloons Tower Defense 4 Champion, Medicine Dealer Champion, The Blocks Revenge Champion, Animal Catcher Champion, Zombie Disposal Champion, Omg Scary Smiley Champion, The Flame Champion, TumbleDots Champion, Politricks Champion, Pirates Champion, City Digger Champion, redwhite slice Champion, Grammachnophobia Champion, Tabla Champion, Pixelshocks' Tower Defence II Champion, DropSum Champion, Blackbeard's Island Deluxe Champion, Short History of the World Champion, Anatomicus Anatomy Game Champion, Socium Champion, Magic Defense Champion, Bowmaster Champion, Kingdom Of Saguenay TD Champion, Ninjas vs Pirates TD 3 Champion, WasteLand Defender v2 Champion, Red Red Champion, Lucky Coins Champion, Handless Millionaire 2 Champion, TOTWO DARK Champion, Take a Walk Champion, Beat Chaser 2 Champion, 1 Will Survive Champion, Lines Game - Master Champion, Mickey Ball Champion, Windowcleaner Eyetoygame Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

S҉m҉i҉l҉e҉ c҉a҉u҉s҉e҉ y҉o҉u҉r҉ a҉ C҉r҉a҉c҉k҉e҉r҉ n҉o҉w҉

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And we all know their record on being right!
    Likes Achilles liked this post

Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope for you guy's sake that she turns and goes back out to sea.
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Piney-Woods Rooter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Information Regarding Tropical Storm Erika

Follow this news post for all information and news releases related to Tropical Storm Erika.

More...

Chum Churner Jason's Pong Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Apprentice - Dairy Queen Champion, Bogan Surf Champion, Cooking Cookies Champion, Save the Goldfish Champion, Cube Tema Strategy Champion, Pancake Tosser Champion, Tomato Bounce Champion, Turtle Shot Champion, Osmose Mah Jong Champion, Urban Mahjongg Chase Champion, Mahjong Pinguy Champion, Zodiac Leo Mahjong Champion, Sparky Mahjong Champion, Shopping City Champion, Kick Up Champion, Bra Drop Champion, Laser Jumper Champion, Hamster Flight Champion, HeliStrike v32 Champion, Street Race in LA Champion, FUTS90 - First Ultimate Table Soccer Champion, Typotron Champion, Zombie Toss Champion, Discover Paris Champion, Bush Wars Last Episode:Attack of The Shoes Champion, Please Save Me! Champion, Target Finder Champion, Das Boom Champion, Scout Games Champion, Where Is My Left Sock? Champion, Papa's Taco Mia! Champion, Dingo Pingo 3 Champion, Fried Chicken Restaurant Champion, Burning Balls Champion, Instruments Trivia by FlashGamesFan.com Champion, The Apothecary's cellar Champion, Zoo Mahjongg Champion, Hidden Beers Champion, MasterGeometry Champion, Rejected Summer Games Champion, Snot Eater Champion, Snowboarding Santa Champion, Algar Champion, Ba Ba Lian Lian Kan Mahjong Champion, Rows N Dots Easy Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I dont know we are in the CONE OF UNCERTAINTY

Not to be confused with THE TRIANGLE OF ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell
    ~Don't even think about it! ~

In The Pokey Land fill Bill Champion, Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Cat Bowling Champion, Just Throw Me Champion, Billiards Frenzy Champion, Saturdays Night Blood Fest Champion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a feeling that this one is going to brush the coastline pretty good! I remember the last one I attended while at a late night restaurant ( Sloppy Joes?)back around 1995-96 in Flagler Beach. It was beating us pretty good but we got through it pretty much unscathed..........I have a feeling this is going to be a bit harsher. I am afraid for A1A falling falling into the ocean this time.

Chum Churner Jason's Pong Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Apprentice - Dairy Queen Champion, Bogan Surf Champion, Cooking Cookies Champion, Save the Goldfish Champion, Cube Tema Strategy Champion, Pancake Tosser Champion, Tomato Bounce Champion, Turtle Shot Champion, Osmose Mah Jong Champion, Urban Mahjongg Chase Champion, Mahjong Pinguy Champion, Zodiac Leo Mahjong Champion, Sparky Mahjong Champion, Shopping City Champion, Kick Up Champion, Bra Drop Champion, Laser Jumper Champion, Hamster Flight Champion, HeliStrike v32 Champion, Street Race in LA Champion, FUTS90 - First Ultimate Table Soccer Champion, Typotron Champion, Zombie Toss Champion, Discover Paris Champion, Bush Wars Last Episode:Attack of The Shoes Champion, Please Save Me! Champion, Target Finder Champion, Das Boom Champion, Scout Games Champion, Where Is My Left Sock? Champion, Papa's Taco Mia! Champion, Dingo Pingo 3 Champion, Fried Chicken Restaurant Champion, Burning Balls Champion, Instruments Trivia by FlashGamesFan.com Champion, The Apothecary's cellar Champion, Zoo Mahjongg Champion, Hidden Beers Champion, MasterGeometry Champion, Rejected Summer Games Champion, Snot Eater Champion, Snowboarding Santa Champion, Algar Champion, Ba Ba Lian Lian Kan Mahjong Champion, Rows N Dots Easy Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KathyInAR View Post
    Hope for you guy's sake that she turns and goes back out to sea.
    I do to! We should be getting some mighty fine waves. I hope!Name:  waves.JPG
Views: 61
Size:  24.9 KBhttp://www.swellinfo.com/surf-foreca...-beach-florida

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell
    ~Don't even think about it! ~
    Likes slick, ROOT liked this post

Scrub cow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Volusia County Emergency Management Tracks Erika

Volusia County, FL-County Emergency Management officials are huddling and keeping an eye on Tropical Storm Erika as the system progresses through the Caribbean with a current forecast arrival in FL early Monday morning as a hurricane. Officials here taking part inNational Weather Service conference calls multiple times through the day for briefings on the storm. […]

Scrub cow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Governor Urges FL To Get Ready For Erika

Tallahassee, FL- In a state that hasn’t seen a major hurricane hit in almost ten years, GovernorRick Scott sounded a warning bell today in Tallahassee. Scott told residents, some who have never been through a tropical storm or hurricane, to get ready now for whatever Tropical Storm Erika brings. “Think about what’s going to happen […]

Cracklin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fortunately for the vast acreage of the Palm Coast Project - the Famed Coastal Engineering Department of the University of Florida designed and engineered the 69 miles of Canals, the minimum elevation, the flood plan, the design of the Coast, etc...
    Yes, the swales may fill , yes the streets may flood.....that was in the design plan...but...no water entering the houses...

Attached Images Attached Images     
    Likes Achilles liked this post

Cracklin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hurricane in Palm Coast? Not Likely
    Like reports of Mark Twains' death, reports of Florida hurricanes too have been greatly exaggerated.
    Over the years people have become accustomed to thinking of hurricanes as the exclusive property of Florida. One reason might be that the National Hurricane Center is headquartered in Miami. Almost every hurricane news report originates in Miami, regardless of where the storm is located, be it 50 miles or 2,000 miles from Flroida.
    What is a hurricane? it's a large tropical cyclone with winds of at least 74 miles per hour, generally accompanied by heavy rains and high tides. The great spiral clouds of an average hurricane cover an area several hundred miles in diameter, although the area hit by the highest winds- those over 74 miles per hour-may only be 30 to 100 miles in diameter.
    Hurricanes form over warm , tropical ocean areas and move to higher lattitudes like great spinning tops. Their movement is quite erratic. They can suddenly change directions, make loops, slow up or stop-and later move at 10 to 20 miles per hour. This forward speed of the hurricane system increases the fury of the circular winds flowing around the hurricane's eye, or center.
    The north American hurricane season runs from June 1 to November 30, with most storms occuring in August, September and October.
    The North Florida area isn't immune to direct hits by hurricanes-no part of the United States' gulf coast or eastern coastline is. But weather bureau records show that chances of a hurricane striking the Palm Coast region are considerably less than in most other coastal areas of the state and nation. Meteorologist Fred Crosby of the National Weather Service says,"the configuratioin of the coastline and the region's latitude help explain the area's relatively hurricane free record, which is based on the tracks of previous storms."
    "During the early stages of a tropocal storm," says Crosby, 'The movement is generally from the east to the west. The direction gradually changes...this movement pattern would reduce the probabiltiy of one of them directly hitting the northeast Florida coast."
    Looking at the past 100 years, Flagler and Volusia counties hold an envious distinction neither county ever received a direct hit from a full hurricane moving directly in from the ocean.
    Although a total of 19 hurricane's occuring during the 100-year period have posed serious threats and five have actually passed over the area, in each case those storms had already been over land for a number of hours and were greatly weakened in force and without the beach damage caused by ocean storms.
    The last hurricane to afffect Palm Coast was Hurricane David, which brushed the area in early September, 1979. David's highest wind gust recorded in Palm Coast was 59 miles per hour, and though it did drop 4.16 inches of rain over a 48 -hour period, no flood-related water damage occurred. One of the main reasons damage did not occur is because Palm Coast has been designed to withstand, what is termed, "the 100-year flood." That, says Richard Vaughan, director of environmental affairs for ITT Community Development Corporation, means a flood that statistically could occur once in a hundred years could hit Palm Coast and no flood water would enter the houses.
    Here is a probablity table based on National Weather Service data showing the chances of hurricane making landfall at varioius Gulf of Mexico and Eastern Seaboard areas:
    Probability of Tropical Cyclone Making Direct Landfall during any given year:
    Coastline areas:
    Corpus Christi, Texas 1 : 8
    Galveston, Texas 1 : 5
    New Orleans, Louisiana 1 : 5
    Pensacola, Florida 1 : 5
    Apalachiocola, Florida 1 : 6
    Tampa- St. Petersburg, Florida 1 : 10
    Miami, Florida 1 : 6
    Palm Coast, Florida 1 : 14
    High and Low Temperatures in Palm Coast during December and January.
    ( As recorded by the Palm Coast Weather Bureau, Office of Environmental Affairs)
    Date, High, Low
    Dec.
    1 84, 61
    2 64 59
    3 65 43
    4 73 38
    5 73 41
    6 65 36
    7 70 46
    8 76 38
    9 65 37
    10 51 32