Cracker Bytch Fling a Thing Champion, Deep Freeze Champion, J B Snowman Punch Champion, Operatin Maboule Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Chart House, Daytona Beach

My wife and I celebrated our combined birthdays and anniversary with a visit to the Chart House. It is a decision that we will never make again.

Back maybe 5 or 10 years ago Chart House was known for fine dining, always on the water, and always above par. This visit was disappointing.

The wait staff was attentive with his little crumb brush and taking our order but never offered refills on our drinks.

The salad bar was a mess with items spilled over other items. The caviar was the lowest grade available and should be banned from consumption.

I was able to cut away a substantial portion of gristle from my steak. At $38 I expect my steak to be perfectly cooked, with no fat or gristle. Very bad form.

My wife's snapper was "just okay" according to her. Definitely not worth the $32 price tag. It's always nice to hear that my homemade snapper dishes are much, much, better.

Another issue is the lack of proper attire. When did Chart House become a t-shirt and shorts kind of place? I wore a nice business suit and my wife purchased a new outfit. Imagine our dismay when we noticed this change.

Sorry, Chart House but if we wanted a Texas-style steak joint we would have gone somewhere else. Somewhere less expensive and much better food.

Just drive on by and save your money.
    Likes TailTeaser liked this post
    Thanks ROOT thanked for this post

Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Chart House, Daytona Beach

Sorry that it was a bust, but at least the company was good!

The addition of the wife must be fairly new...congrats!
    Last edited by KathyInAR; October 23rd, 2015 at 06:30 PM.
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Stikini Slayer Penguin Pass Champion, Block n Roll Champion, Attack Of The Fan Girls Champion, Falafel King Champion, Donkey Tail Champion, Little Protectors Champion, When Penguins Attack TD Champion, Grid Iron Champion, Z-Wars Champion, Tribal Jungle Fruit Quest Champion, Open Source Rock Paper Scissors Champion, Nature Race Champion, DirtyColor Champion, American 8-Ball Pool Champion, Gumball Line-up Champion, Digi-Digi Champion, SevenYo! Champion, Firebug 2 Champion, hit the target Champion, Guns Defense Champion, Robot In The Hole Champion, Chicken Licken Champion, Gemollection Players Pack Champion, Fred's Pick Up Tour 3 Champion, Korrode Champion, Zaptonia Defense Champion, The Eggs Mystery Champion, Underwater TD Champion, Easter Defence Champion, CrissCross Champion, Rooftop Sniper Champion, Dragon Ambush 2 Champion, Zombie Smash Tower Defense Champion, US Border TD Champion, Underworld TD Champion, Zombie Trailer Park Champion, Potion Panic 2 Champion, WDYK? 3 Urban Lingo Champion, Bloons Tower Defense 4 Champion, Medicine Dealer Champion, The Blocks Revenge Champion, Animal Catcher Champion, Zombie Disposal Champion, Omg Scary Smiley Champion, The Flame Champion, TumbleDots Champion, Politricks Champion, Pirates Champion, City Digger Champion, redwhite slice Champion, Grammachnophobia Champion, Tabla Champion, Pixelshocks' Tower Defence II Champion, DropSum Champion, Blackbeard's Island Deluxe Champion, Short History of the World Champion, Anatomicus Anatomy Game Champion, Socium Champion, Magic Defense Champion, Bowmaster Champion, Kingdom Of Saguenay TD Champion, Ninjas vs Pirates TD 3 Champion, WasteLand Defender v2 Champion, Red Red Champion, Lucky Coins Champion, Handless Millionaire 2 Champion, TOTWO DARK Champion, Take a Walk Champion, Beat Chaser 2 Champion, 1 Will Survive Champion, Lines Game - Master Champion, Mickey Ball Champion, Windowcleaner Eyetoygame Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy McDugal View Post
    My wife and I celebrated our combined birthdays and anniversary with a visit to the Chart House. It is a decision that we will never make again.

Back maybe 5 or 10 years ago Chart House was known for fine dining, always on the water, and always above par. This visit was disappointing.

The wait staff was attentive with his little crumb brush and taking our order but never offered refills on our drinks.

The salad bar was a mess with items spilled over other items. The caviar was the lowest grade available and should be banned from consumption.

I was able to cut away a substantial portion of gristle from my steak. At $38 I expect my steak to be perfectly cooked, with no fat or gristle. Very bad form.

My wife's snapper was "just okay" according to her. Definitely not worth the $32 price tag. It's always nice to hear that my homemade snapper dishes are much, much, better.

Another issue is the lack of proper attire. When did Chart House become a t-shirt and shorts kind of place? I wore a nice business suit and my wife purchased a new outfit. Imagine our dismay when we noticed this change.

Sorry, Chart House but if we wanted a Texas-style steak joint we would have gone somewhere else. Somewhere less expensive and much better food.

Just drive on by and save your money.
    I'm sorry to hear this decline. I was a great place, it did seem a little dank an musky last time though!
    and It was really disappointing by the salad bar even being there. They probably caught the Buffecea apathetic bacteria
    The entire building will need to be burned to the ground.
    Sorry but for the prices the waiter should be making the salad table side !
    Fail for catering to the Nouveau Rich'e Charthouse.
    we are vastly more focused on what divides us than what unites us

Chum Churner Jason's Pong Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Apprentice - Dairy Queen Champion, Bogan Surf Champion, Cooking Cookies Champion, Save the Goldfish Champion, Cube Tema Strategy Champion, Pancake Tosser Champion, Tomato Bounce Champion, Turtle Shot Champion, Osmose Mah Jong Champion, Urban Mahjongg Chase Champion, Mahjong Pinguy Champion, Zodiac Leo Mahjong Champion, Sparky Mahjong Champion, Shopping City Champion, Kick Up Champion, Bra Drop Champion, Laser Jumper Champion, Hamster Flight Champion, HeliStrike v32 Champion, Street Race in LA Champion, FUTS90 - First Ultimate Table Soccer Champion, Typotron Champion, Zombie Toss Champion, Discover Paris Champion, Bush Wars Last Episode:Attack of The Shoes Champion, Please Save Me! Champion, Target Finder Champion, Das Boom Champion, Scout Games Champion, Where Is My Left Sock? Champion, Papa's Taco Mia! Champion, Dingo Pingo 3 Champion, Fried Chicken Restaurant Champion, Burning Balls Champion, Instruments Trivia by FlashGamesFan.com Champion, The Apothecary's cellar Champion, Zoo Mahjongg Champion, Hidden Beers Champion, MasterGeometry Champion, Rejected Summer Games Champion, Snot Eater Champion, Snowboarding Santa Champion, Algar Champion, Ba Ba Lian Lian Kan Mahjong Champion, Rows N Dots Easy Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thanks for the warning. I heard about this place and now I wont waste my time.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell
    ~Don't even think about it! ~