Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cranberry/Pineapple/Jello Dish

As Thanksgiving Day approaches, I'd like to share one of my most favorite Thanksgiving dishes:

Make the jello part of this recipe the evening before you plan on eating it.

We just call it "Cranberry Stuff"

(I use a glass casserole dish that is approximately 8" x 8" and 3" deep)

1 small box cranberry jello (if you can't find cranberry, raspberry will do)

1 small box orange jello

2 cans of Oceanspray (because I know this brand and it's full of cranberries and not so much "sauce") Whole Berry sauce.

1 15.5 oz can crushed pineapple (drained but save juice)

1) Add 1 cup of boiling water to the two boxes of jello and stir until completely dissolved.

2) Add 1 cup of ice cubes to the drained/saved pineapple juice and stir into jello until ice melts.

3) Stir in the two cans of whole-berry cranberry sauce and one can of drained crushed pineapple.

4) Keep in fridge overnight so that jello will completely set.

------

Within 4 hours of serving, make the following topping for the jello:

Mix with a handmixer until smooth:

8-oz bar of cream cheese (use full fat for this recipe)

4-6 ozs sour cream (do not use "light" as it will be too watery)

1 - 2 teaspoons vanilla (to your taste)

sugar (to your taste, I like this pretty sweet--you can use Splenda if you prefer)

Spread this topping over the jello and sprinkle with pecans.
    Last edited by KathyInAR; November 4th, 2015 at 11:54 AM.
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Thanks R2D2 thanked for this post

Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Cranberry/Pineapple/Jello Dish

Quote Originally Posted by KathyInAR View Post
    As Thanksgiving Day approaches, I'd like to share one of my most favorite Thanksgiving dishes:

Make the jello part of this recipe the evening before you plan on eating it.

We just call it "Cranberry Stuff"

(I use a glass casserole dish that is approximately 8" x 8" and 3" deep)

1 small box cranberry jello (if you can't find cranberry, raspberry will do)

1 small box orange jello

2 cans of Oceanspray (because I know this brand and it's full of cranberries and not so much "sauce") Whole Berry sauce.

1 15.5 oz can crushed pineapple (drained but save juice)

1) Add 1 cup of boiling water to the two boxes of jello and stir until completely dissolved.

2) Add 1 cup of ice cubes to the drained/saved pineapple juice and stir into jello until ice melts.

3) Stir in the two cans of whole-berry cranberry sauce and one can of drained crushed pineapple.

4) Keep in fridge overnight so that jello will completely set.

------

Within 4 hours of serving, make the following topping for the jello:

Mix with a handmixer until smooth:

8-oz bar of cream cheese (use full fat for this recipe)

4-6 ozs sour cream (do not use "light" as it will be too watery)

1 - 2 teaspoons vanilla (to your taste)

sugar (to your taste, I like this pretty sweet--you can use Splenda if you prefer)

Spread this topping over the jello and sprinkle with pecans.
    Bringing back to the top since we are at the day before Thanksgiving Day and in case anyone wants to try this easy delicious dish instead of just opening the can of Name:  jellied cranberry sauce.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  23.5 KB . But, if that is the druthers, that's okay and it tastes good too!!!

Wishing everyone a happy and delicious Turkey day.
    Last edited by KathyInAR; November 22nd, 2017 at 08:00 AM.
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.