Piney-Woods Rooter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cell Phone Service???

Don't have a contract with my present carrier, Verizon. Called Sprint to see what they offered, they came up with the same deal at 1/2 the amount that Verizon currently charges. Will try AT&T in the morning.

Do any of you have experiences with either Sprint or AT&T??

Verizon has been pretty much flawless for a few years, but it's is 50% more that Sprint. Have to know if the change is worthwhile. Short money for crappy service won't make it.

Need some help!!

Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Cell Phone Service???

What type of service do you want? Do you want unlimited calling and texting? How much data access do you want? Are you over age 65?
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Founder Zookeeper Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Zodiac Master Champion, Staries reflection 2 Champion, Gem Swap Deluxe Champion, Bling Bling Blaster Champion, Farm Hustle Champion, Ancient jewels 2 Champion, Candystand Mah-Jongg Champion, Ancient Shapes Champion, War of Thrones Champion, Pro Football History and Stats Champion, College Football History, Stats, and Trivia Champion, Baseball Stats and Trivia Champion, Animal Trivia Champion, What Do You Know? Champion, Match O Rama Pigs Champion, Pretty Penguins Champion, Jocker Champion, Candy Crush Champion, Midas Mahjong Champion, Mahjong War Champion, Mahjong Devil Island Champion, Cactus McCoy Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like my prepaid Straight Talk. Unlimited talk and text. Haven't had any problems using lots of data. $45 a month.
    My problem is my phone is a piece of crap! I can't justify getting a super smart one.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light but there was brimstone in his throat
    He'd show me the way according to him in return for my personal check
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and I lit another cigarette

Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sundealer View Post
    I like my prepaid Straight Talk. Unlimited talk and text. Haven't had any problems using lots of data. $45 a month.
    My problem is my phone is a piece of crap! I can't justify getting a super smart one.
    I know what you mean about the "super smart" phones...when Verizon offered a free iPhone with an upgrade of my 65-plus with limited phone calls (200) and texts (1,000) monthly to an account that was unlimited calls and texts and a minimum amount of data (I think it's 250MB) for $15 more per month, I jumped on it. Of course, once I got in there--I was told that also there was a fee of $10 for a smart phone. I signed on the dotted line...my monthly bill went from $40 to $65 a month. I'm satisfied with that. I also have a land line and that is the phone number that I generally gave out. But, the opportunity to move into the 21st century enticed me--it took me a while to get use to the iPhone (I'm still not real happy with the way that Apple products are so structured that it gives little or no room to personalize something to your own liking...); but, I've made peace with it.

The old 65-plus account suited me with the limited calls and text as almost everyone that I frequently talk or text with also have Verizon and those calls/text don't count against the number allowed within the plan. With my son overseas, we use the Whatsapp for texting and Magicjack for phone use so even those a free as international calling and text can get very expensive.
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea

Piney-Woods Rooter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KathyInAR View Post
    What type of service do you want? Do you want unlimited calling and texting? How much data access do you want? Are you over age 65?
    Both Verizon and sprint were unlimited calling and text. Data I don't use much so not a deal breaker.. Looking for info on coverage problems and dropped calls stuff like that.

Oh, I'm probably older than you, at a youthful......lol

Founder Zookeeper Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Zodiac Master Champion, Staries reflection 2 Champion, Gem Swap Deluxe Champion, Bling Bling Blaster Champion, Farm Hustle Champion, Ancient jewels 2 Champion, Candystand Mah-Jongg Champion, Ancient Shapes Champion, War of Thrones Champion, Pro Football History and Stats Champion, College Football History, Stats, and Trivia Champion, Baseball Stats and Trivia Champion, Animal Trivia Champion, What Do You Know? Champion, Match O Rama Pigs Champion, Pretty Penguins Champion, Jocker Champion, Candy Crush Champion, Midas Mahjong Champion, Mahjong War Champion, Mahjong Devil Island Champion, Cactus McCoy Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the prepaid, in the areas I've been (from PC to Keys back up North) I've haven't experienced any problems with talk or text. Data can be slow when you are in the Ocala Forest or Okefenokee!
    Most of my troubles come because I forget to add time!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcar View Post
    Both Verizon and sprint were unlimited calling and text. Data I don't use much so not a deal breaker.. Looking for info on coverage problems and dropped calls stuff like that.

Oh, I'm probably older than you, at a youthful......lol
    I arrived in Arkansas in the Spring of 2012 with AT&T without texting...usually only had 2-3 bars of 5 showing. My family advised me that texting was an absolute necessity! Changed over to Verizon after a few months as I was on month-to-month with AT&T. I think I am in the middle of Verizon Country (even the big arena in Little Rock is named "Verizon Arena"...I always have a strong signal and never have had a dropped call...of course this info does you little good in Florida, sorry.

Maybe, maybe not...my birthday next month contains a "0"...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sundealer View Post
    With the prepaid, in the areas I've been (from PC to Keys back up North) I've haven't experienced any problems with talk or text. Data can be slow when you are in the Ocala Forest or Okefenokee!
    Most of my troubles come because I forget to add time!
    I can see where a prepaid makes a lot of sense...do you have someone you can call if there is a problem with the phone...like it gets a brain fart or something...or, does that never ever happen? Also if it is unlimited talk and text, why do you have to "add time"? Do you have to add time each new month to keep the account going or something like that?

Piney-Woods Rooter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I arrived in Arkansas in the Spring of 2012 with AT&T without texting...usually only had 2-3 bars of 5 showing. My family advised me that texting was an absolute necessity! Changed over to Verizon after a few months as I was on month-to-month with AT&T. I think I am in the middle of Verizon Country (even the big arena in Little Rock is named "Verizon Arena"...I always have a strong signal and never have had a dropped call...of course this info does you little good in Florida, sorry.

Maybe, maybe not...my birthday next month contains a "0"...
    The more I research, Verizon seems to be on par with AT&T. Sprint, although cheaper not so good.

That "0" must be after a "6". lol

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcar View Post

That "0" must be after a "6". lol
    I wish! It is after a "7"...and that is unfreaking believable to me...except for the knees I feel 45ish. LOL

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also if it is unlimited talk and text, why do you have to "add time"?
    $45 per month unlimited during that paid month. If I don't pay at the end of the month, I lose service until I pay. I think if you don't pay after a year, you lose your number. It's usually 30 days per cycle and they send both text and email to remind me a week before.
    Straight talk is based out of Miami. Each time I've called they were able to help.

Piney-Woods Rooter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish! It is after a "7"...and that is unfreaking believable to me...except for the knees I feel 45ish. LOL
    Oh well, I was trying to suck up a bit. lol Ya have me by a year or so. I know what you mean about knees, it's my back and shoulder. I start the day off with a cup of coffee and 2 or 3 Advil. After a good bike ride or a couple of mile walk all is good.