Cracklin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thoughts on Syrian Refugees?

Lately in the country, a heated topic among politicians have been whether it is a good idea to close our borders to Syrian Refugees. This debate is heavily talked about among the presidential candidates in the recent official debates. On the Republican/Conservative side, the most popular opinion is to not raise the number of Syrian refugees allowed in our country. This is due to the potential terrorist threat that Syrians pose, since a large amount of their population has known to be radical muslims.
    Although on the more Democratic/Liberal side of the argument, it is vocalized that it is unfair to not let Syrian Refugees come into the country. A large portion of Syrians are trying to get away from the hostile environment of poor Syrian areas. Coming to the United States gives those Syrians an opportunity to start over with a clean slate.
    As of right now, there is a total of 31 states which agree not to let Syrians in the country. When asked about this, Emily Morris, FPC Junior, stated that, “Well, America seems to be focusing too much on other countries. I do believe they should have help, but we should try and fix our mistakes instead.” Some people like Emily, are somewhere in between when letting in Syrians.
    Most teachers interviewed were more towards letting the refugees in. For example, Mrs. Courtney VandeBunte, FPC Science teacher stated, “I’m more on the liberal side of the argument. Our country was founded on the ideals of freedom welcoming everyone from all different parts of the world, it goes against our country’s morals. We should let them have a chance at the American dream just like everyone else.”
    FPC is a pretty diverse school, with a large variety of students with all different backgrounds. The most popular belief seems to be to let the Syrian refugees in our country. However, with 31 states in the United States wanting otherwise, who knows what the final verdict will be.

Show your appreciation at The Flagler Schools Observer

Stikini Slayer Penguin Pass Champion, Block n Roll Champion, Attack Of The Fan Girls Champion, Falafel King Champion, Donkey Tail Champion, Little Protectors Champion, When Penguins Attack TD Champion, Grid Iron Champion, Z-Wars Champion, Tribal Jungle Fruit Quest Champion, Open Source Rock Paper Scissors Champion, Nature Race Champion, DirtyColor Champion, American 8-Ball Pool Champion, Gumball Line-up Champion, Digi-Digi Champion, SevenYo! Champion, Firebug 2 Champion, hit the target Champion, Guns Defense Champion, Robot In The Hole Champion, Chicken Licken Champion, Gemollection Players Pack Champion, Fred's Pick Up Tour 3 Champion, Korrode Champion, Zaptonia Defense Champion, The Eggs Mystery Champion, Underwater TD Champion, Easter Defence Champion, CrissCross Champion, Rooftop Sniper Champion, Dragon Ambush 2 Champion, Zombie Smash Tower Defense Champion, US Border TD Champion, Underworld TD Champion, Zombie Trailer Park Champion, Potion Panic 2 Champion, WDYK? 3 Urban Lingo Champion, Bloons Tower Defense 4 Champion, Medicine Dealer Champion, The Blocks Revenge Champion, Animal Catcher Champion, Zombie Disposal Champion, Omg Scary Smiley Champion, The Flame Champion, TumbleDots Champion, Politricks Champion, Pirates Champion, City Digger Champion, redwhite slice Champion, Grammachnophobia Champion, Tabla Champion, Pixelshocks' Tower Defence II Champion, DropSum Champion, Blackbeard's Island Deluxe Champion, Short History of the World Champion, Anatomicus Anatomy Game Champion, Socium Champion, Magic Defense Champion, Bowmaster Champion, Kingdom Of Saguenay TD Champion, Ninjas vs Pirates TD 3 Champion, WasteLand Defender v2 Champion, Red Red Champion, Lucky Coins Champion, Handless Millionaire 2 Champion, TOTWO DARK Champion, Take a Walk Champion, Beat Chaser 2 Champion, 1 Will Survive Champion, Lines Game - Master Champion, Mickey Ball Champion, Windowcleaner Eyetoygame Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Thoughts on Syrian Refugees?

I think it's clearly an influence in the school system, I haven't spoken to one person who has open arms to Muslim refugees from Syria. I'm sure that there are good people among them but if they are not going to assimilate not in my state or country.
    we are vastly more focused on what divides us than what unites us
    Likes Fastcar, Jeannie, Mamabear liked this post

Cracklin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FlaglerStudent View Post
    Most teachers interviewed were more towards letting the refugees in. For example, Mrs. Courtney VandeBunte, FPC Science teacher stated, “I’m more on the liberal side of the argument. Our country was founded on the ideals of freedom welcoming everyone from all different parts of the world, it goes against our country’s morals. We should let them have a chance at the American dream just like everyone else.”
    Thank you for demonstrating the liberal minds of many of our educators who would prefer to not address a potential threat to our countries security at this time, but would prefer to not think of this as anything but only the right thing to do.

At what point in time would a liberal consider the security of our country more important then anything else?
    Likes sundealer, Jeannie, ROOT, Mamabear liked this post

Founder Zookeeper Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Zodiac Master Champion, Staries reflection 2 Champion, Gem Swap Deluxe Champion, Bling Bling Blaster Champion, Farm Hustle Champion, Ancient jewels 2 Champion, Candystand Mah-Jongg Champion, Ancient Shapes Champion, War of Thrones Champion, Pro Football History and Stats Champion, College Football History, Stats, and Trivia Champion, Baseball Stats and Trivia Champion, Animal Trivia Champion, What Do You Know? Champion, Match O Rama Pigs Champion, Pretty Penguins Champion, Jocker Champion, Candy Crush Champion, Midas Mahjong Champion, Mahjong War Champion, Mahjong Devil Island Champion, Cactus McCoy Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE Originally Posted by FlaglerStudent Most teachers interviewed were more towards letting the refugees in. For example, Mrs. Courtney VandeBunte, FPC Science teacher stated, “I’m more on the liberal side of the argument. Our country was founded on the ideals of freedom welcoming everyone from all different parts of the world, it goes against our country’s morals. We should let them have a chance at the American dream just like everyone else.”

][/QUOTE]

Which is exactly why she teaches science and not US History or World History!!
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light but there was brimstone in his throat
    He'd show me the way according to him in return for my personal check
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and I lit another cigarette
    Likes Jeannie, Mamabear liked this post

Founder Mahjongg 3D Tile Set 1 Champion, Gorillaz Tiles Champion, Nile Tiles Champion, Snow Day Champion, Food Mahjong Champion, Calculation Solitaire Champion, Calculation Solitaire Easy Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not want them here in my country.
    Likes Mamabear liked this post

Founder Zookeeper Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Zodiac Master Champion, Staries reflection 2 Champion, Gem Swap Deluxe Champion, Bling Bling Blaster Champion, Farm Hustle Champion, Ancient jewels 2 Champion, Candystand Mah-Jongg Champion, Ancient Shapes Champion, War of Thrones Champion, Pro Football History and Stats Champion, College Football History, Stats, and Trivia Champion, Baseball Stats and Trivia Champion, Animal Trivia Champion, What Do You Know? Champion, Match O Rama Pigs Champion, Pretty Penguins Champion, Jocker Champion, Candy Crush Champion, Midas Mahjong Champion, Mahjong War Champion, Mahjong Devil Island Champion, Cactus McCoy Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not a question of not wanting them here. It's a matter of our government not being able to do background checks.
    When you are fleeing a government like Syria's, do you really think they are going to freely give up that info?
    They missed the back ground check on the CA terrorist because her fingerprints and info weren't in a data base.
    Question is, what database??
    Likes Mamabear liked this post
    Thanks ROOT thanked for this post

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It goes against the morals of this country to have Americans killed in our streets by act of beheading. Any persons advocating the death of America is not welcome. And that you can find in the Constitution.

Here is some thought on the subject.

http://www.militianews.com/18-u-s-co...ow-government/

Stikini Slayer Penguin Pass Champion, Block n Roll Champion, Attack Of The Fan Girls Champion, Falafel King Champion, Donkey Tail Champion, Little Protectors Champion, When Penguins Attack TD Champion, Grid Iron Champion, Z-Wars Champion, Tribal Jungle Fruit Quest Champion, Open Source Rock Paper Scissors Champion, Nature Race Champion, DirtyColor Champion, American 8-Ball Pool Champion, Gumball Line-up Champion, Digi-Digi Champion, SevenYo! Champion, Firebug 2 Champion, hit the target Champion, Guns Defense Champion, Robot In The Hole Champion, Chicken Licken Champion, Gemollection Players Pack Champion, Fred's Pick Up Tour 3 Champion, Korrode Champion, Zaptonia Defense Champion, The Eggs Mystery Champion, Underwater TD Champion, Easter Defence Champion, CrissCross Champion, Rooftop Sniper Champion, Dragon Ambush 2 Champion, Zombie Smash Tower Defense Champion, US Border TD Champion, Underworld TD Champion, Zombie Trailer Park Champion, Potion Panic 2 Champion, WDYK? 3 Urban Lingo Champion, Bloons Tower Defense 4 Champion, Medicine Dealer Champion, The Blocks Revenge Champion, Animal Catcher Champion, Zombie Disposal Champion, Omg Scary Smiley Champion, The Flame Champion, TumbleDots Champion, Politricks Champion, Pirates Champion, City Digger Champion, redwhite slice Champion, Grammachnophobia Champion, Tabla Champion, Pixelshocks' Tower Defence II Champion, DropSum Champion, Blackbeard's Island Deluxe Champion, Short History of the World Champion, Anatomicus Anatomy Game Champion, Socium Champion, Magic Defense Champion, Bowmaster Champion, Kingdom Of Saguenay TD Champion, Ninjas vs Pirates TD 3 Champion, WasteLand Defender v2 Champion, Red Red Champion, Lucky Coins Champion, Handless Millionaire 2 Champion, TOTWO DARK Champion, Take a Walk Champion, Beat Chaser 2 Champion, 1 Will Survive Champion, Lines Game - Master Champion, Mickey Ball Champion, Windowcleaner Eyetoygame Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read the book on medieval history by Susan Wise Bauer it will open your eyes to how cyclical history is. And show you why we can not let this culture propagate in America least we seal the end times of what we know as freedom at the top of the heap.
    we are vastly more focused on what divides us than what unites us
    Likes Jeannie liked this post

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It is quite clear that the "Inscription on the Statue of Liberty" is not an invitation to immigrants to come here to kill us, rape us, change our laws, invoke their religion upon us all, quite clear.

Being liberal does not mean that you condone the murder of Americans by a people brought here, or perhaps better said, sent here to kill us.

During the Cuban Boat lift those people were not let loose on the country. They were incarcerated at Ft. Smith Arkansas until they could be interviewed and clear. Many of them were sent back to Cuba.

There is no intent to do harm to any person by incarcerating them. The intent is to prevent harm done to us.

Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses, yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
    Send these, the homeless, tempest tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door.
    Author: Emma Lazarus

Cracklin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Sweden Seeks to Deport Tens of Thousands of Asylum Seekers”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...pleas-rejected

Likes ROOT liked this post

Founder Mahjongg 3D Tile Set 1 Champion, Gorillaz Tiles Champion, Nile Tiles Champion, Snow Day Champion, Food Mahjong Champion, Calculation Solitaire Champion, Calculation Solitaire Easy Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess they realized they were being to generous.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even other Muslim countries don't want them.
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/08/world/...efugee-crisis/

Cracklin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems EU has standards of sending people back home, that they are not an "open door" for everyone.

Natasha Bertaud, a spokeswoman for the EU’s executive Commission.

“This is a matter of credibility that we do return these people, because you don’t want to give the impression of course that Europe is an open door,” she said.

“Most countries in the world don’t accept someone if cannot be proved that it’s one of their citizens,” Ribbenvik said.
    The US must be an exception to that standard.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/sweden-to-deport-up-to-80000-asylum-seekers/2016/01/28/1707fbb2-c59f-11e5-b933-31c93021392a_story.html

Last edited by Gotcha; January 30th, 2016 at 09:37 AM.
    Likes ROOT liked this post