Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Piney-Woods Rooter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default When will the VA saga end ??

It is about time this embarrassment was dismantled and rebuilt. It has been totally out of control for 50 years!

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/phoen...524146742.html

Cooter
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: When will the VA saga end ??

It's a shame that those who put their lives on the line, and give up so much, for our country are treated so shabbily. Obviously TPTB are not interested in helping them. I'm surprised that we still have people who are willing to serve in the military, considering that our government holds them in such low regard. It's shameful, disgusting, and despicable. But apparently the American people are willing to accept it by electing those who keep doing nothing about it.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Having been a VA patient for over 20 years and in three states and my father before me since 1974 neither one of us has received poor care from the VA. I would suggest that the cognitive ness of the patient may be the problem. Any Nurse worth their salt will tell you the hardest thing to do is obtain compliance from patients.

However perhaps the time has come to stop VA care in VA facilities. The cost to staff and equip all these VA hospitals and clinics realizing that a lot of the patients almost never pay a bill, not all but most, would it not be cheaper to simply send VA patients to medical facilities in their communities?

Maybe the VA could spring for a wing at existing hospitals to help with the burden of caring for our Veterans? A burden, damn did I say that? Shame isn't it? A burden, we are seen as a burden. Screw the government. The people want to care for our Vets. So write your congressman and ask the VA to change. Sell its medical care system to the civilians and provide Veteran Medical everywhere! What? Uh? Oh excuse me, I was sleeping. No way, I do not talk in my sleep.

Founder Zookeeper Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Zodiac Master Champion, Staries reflection 2 Champion, Gem Swap Deluxe Champion, Bling Bling Blaster Champion, Farm Hustle Champion, Ancient jewels 2 Champion, Candystand Mah-Jongg Champion, Ancient Shapes Champion, War of Thrones Champion, Pro Football History and Stats Champion, College Football History, Stats, and Trivia Champion, Baseball Stats and Trivia Champion, Animal Trivia Champion, What Do You Know? Champion, Match O Rama Pigs Champion, Pretty Penguins Champion, Jocker Champion, Candy Crush Champion, Midas Mahjong Champion, Mahjong War Champion, Mahjong Devil Island Champion, Cactus McCoy Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe the VA system should be turned over to DHS and ICE. They seem to be able to handle thousands of refugees and illegals with no problems. They manage to find housing and get them medical care so why couldn't they do the same for Vets?
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light but there was brimstone in his throat
    He'd show me the way according to him in return for my personal check
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and I lit another cigarette

Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had people in various areas praise the care and attention they received through VA medical facilities--of course, there is also documented proof that there has also been failures that are criminal and heads need to roll. The VA like so many other agencies are woefully underfunded to do and accomplish the goals that we citizens expect and howl like banshees when it is suggested that to receive the results we expect, that we should have to expect to pay the price.
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think I found some money, oh never mind it is spent already.

During a press briefing on Sept. 21, White House press secretary Josh Earnest announced that the United States will give $419 million more in humanitarian aid to Syrian refugees. This brings the total U.S. aid contribution to $4.5 billion since the beginning of the Syrian conflict in 2011.

Yeah, it is hard to find the money for the Vets.
    Likes sundealer, KathyInAR liked this post

Piney-Woods Rooter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be far simpler to give Tricare. At least they would be seen quickly.

Cracker Bytch Fling a Thing Champion, Deep Freeze Champion, J B Snowman Punch Champion, Operatin Maboule Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good news for me is that the VA is finally recognizing the cancer we got in Camp Lejeune.

Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy McDugal View Post
    Good news for me is that the VA is finally recognizing the cancer we got in Camp Lejeune.
    What kind and how?
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea

Cracker Bytch Fling a Thing Champion, Deep Freeze Champion, J B Snowman Punch Champion, Operatin Maboule Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KathyInAR View Post
    What kind and how?
    bad water back in the 70's and 80's

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh wow, that is awful ... Do you suspect that was the issue with you?

Piney-Woods Rooter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That took longer than Agent Orange. Shameful. Hopefully you'll receive the benefits your are entitled to.

Those who are waving their pom poms and praising the VA are fortunate that they were well treated. Those who were sickened by Agent Orange and have had to fight forever for any benefit, I'm sure don't share your enthusiasm.
    Likes KathyInAR liked this post

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fastcar, you are right...I just hate that some things get painted by such a broad brush...the treatment of our vets have been horrific in many cases...but thankfully, also there are some dedicated and caring employees who do the very best that they can...I hate seeing them covered over with the same paint. There are both good and bad like in most things...and in this case, it should be all good!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was this the entire water system ay Camp Lejeune--military personnel, hospital, family housing, schools, civilian personal--anyone who would have consumed water on the base? What about the local water systems? Did Camp Lejeune have its own self contained water system?

Piney-Woods Rooter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KathyInAR View Post
    Fastcar, you are right...I just hate that some things get painted by such a broad brush...the treatment of our vets have been horrific in many cases...but thankfully, also there are some dedicated and caring employees who do the very best that they can...I hate seeing them covered over with the same paint. There are both good and bad like in most things...and in this case, it should be all good!
    Agreed, there are good folks there. Some really want to do a good job. The article I started with is imo indicative of the mind set of those who are running the place. If it was a isolated incident, well that would be expected given the number of employees working there. But this has been going on since I got out of Viet Nam and that was a looong time ago. So many vets have been screwed and continue to be screwed by the outfit that is supposed to help them. I remember a number of years ago when all the TMI's showed up, the VA took the position that it was a preexisting condition and denied all claims. That went on for over six months. Think of the damage that caused. Heck, go to war, get blown up, then get screwed. One hell of a legacy.;

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcar View Post
    Agreed, there are good folks there. Some really want to do a good job. The article I started with is imo indicative of the mind set of those who are running the place. If it was a isolated incident, well that would be expected given the number of employees working there. But this has been going on since I got out of Viet Nam and that was a looong time ago. So many vets have been screwed and continue to be screwed by the outfit that is supposed to help them. I remember a number of years ago when all the TMI's showed up, the VA took the position that it was a preexisting condition and denied all claims. That went on for over six months. Think of the damage that caused. Heck, go to war, get blown up, then get screwed. One hell of a legacy.;
    Too many of those at the top forget that they are in "civil service" meaning they are a civil servant.

Early in my civil service career of 33 years I realized that there was much that if I let it, could literally drive me crazy. I decided to dertermine what it was that I had control over and to do the absolutely the best job I could and to never feel that I didn't give 100%...and I never felt like I needed to "back up to the pay-line"...are you familiar with that term? For almost 10 years I was a civilian employee of the Army and I never forgot that there was a living breathing soldier attached to that SS# and often family members as well.

Founder Zookeeper Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Zodiac Master Champion, Staries reflection 2 Champion, Gem Swap Deluxe Champion, Bling Bling Blaster Champion, Farm Hustle Champion, Ancient jewels 2 Champion, Candystand Mah-Jongg Champion, Ancient Shapes Champion, War of Thrones Champion, Pro Football History and Stats Champion, College Football History, Stats, and Trivia Champion, Baseball Stats and Trivia Champion, Animal Trivia Champion, What Do You Know? Champion, Match O Rama Pigs Champion, Pretty Penguins Champion, Jocker Champion, Candy Crush Champion, Midas Mahjong Champion, Mahjong War Champion, Mahjong Devil Island Champion, Cactus McCoy Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light but there was brimstone in his throat
    He'd show me the way according to him in return for my personal check
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and I lit another cigarette

Founder Blooming Gardens Champion, Boxing History and Trivia Champion oldsailor55's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That should be on the nightly news, the VA system needs to be changed.

Piney-Woods Rooter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just received my new membership card for the Wounded Warrior Project. Sad that such a organization is needed. Of course if the VA took care of the vets it wouldn't be.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcar View Post
    I just received my new membership card for the Wounded Warrior Project. Sad that such a organization is needed. Of course if the VA took care of the vets it wouldn't be.
    Did you see/hear this? http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/01/26...nor-money.html

The Wounded Warrior Project was on my list on charities to which I regularly made donations...last year, I became aware of the huge salaries that the CEO and other top management officials made and tapered off my donations and decided to give more to the DAV. I realize that it is the management skills of their top officials that allowed them to raise the large amount of donations that they do; however, my feelings are that for an organization that depends and asks for donations to operate, that the management folks also should make a donation of some sort (their labor and expertise) as well and it seems that their expenses vs their charitable outlay is not what I would expect. I do not oppose their full time staff having a salary as they have bills to pay too; but, I think that in this case the salaries are excessive.

All in all, I think that the WWP does a lot of good...I just think it could use some revamping, and those who work within the organization could be a bit more charitable themselves.

http://ivn.us/2014/04/22/controversy...e-connections/

http://www.charitynavigator.org/inde...2#.VqoP6_krLs0

The WWP:

Score
    (out of 100)
    Rating
    FYE 09/2014
    Overall 84.52
    Financial 78.49
    Accountability & Transparency 96.00

Score for DAV:

Score
    (out of 100)
    Rating
    FYE 12/2014
    Overall 92.68
    Financial 89.65
    Accountability & Transparency 100.00

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast