Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Canned Tuna Recalls

Both Bumble Bee and Chicken of the Sea canned tuna has been recalled.

I've never trusted any canned tuna except StarKist since my mom found a fish eyeball in a can of Bumble Bee tuna when I was a young teen and she also won $1,000 from StarKist during their sweepstakes in the early 1960's whereby they gave away 40 $1,000 prizes.

http://fortune.com/2016/03/17/chicke...he-sea-recall/

Just one day after Bumble Bee announced that it’s recalling some of its tuna products, Chicken of the Sea has followed suit.

The FDA announced on Thursday that Tri-Union Seafoods LLC has issued a voluntary recall of 2,745 cases of Chicken of the Sea brand tuna, which adds up to 107,280 cans—more than three times the amount recalled by Bumble Bee. The affected products, just like the Bumble Bee recall, include certain 5 ounce cans of chunk light tuna in both oil and water.

The issue was noticed during a routine inspection when officials realized that an equipment malfunction resulted in undercooked food, potentially resulting in spoilage organisms or pathogens contaminating the product. Consumption of the tuna could potentially lead to a “life-threatening illness,” though no illnesses have been reported.

"...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Likes Jeannie liked this post

Founder Zookeeper Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Zodiac Master Champion, Staries reflection 2 Champion, Gem Swap Deluxe Champion, Bling Bling Blaster Champion, Farm Hustle Champion, Ancient jewels 2 Champion, Candystand Mah-Jongg Champion, Ancient Shapes Champion, War of Thrones Champion, Pro Football History and Stats Champion, College Football History, Stats, and Trivia Champion, Baseball Stats and Trivia Champion, Animal Trivia Champion, What Do You Know? Champion, Match O Rama Pigs Champion, Pretty Penguins Champion, Jocker Champion, Candy Crush Champion, Midas Mahjong Champion, Mahjong War Champion, Mahjong Devil Island Champion, Cactus McCoy Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Canned Tuna Recalls

Only use solid white in water! Suspicious of chunk light!
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light but there was brimstone in his throat
    He'd show me the way according to him in return for my personal check
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and I lit another cigarette

Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have only used albacore tuna in water for years.
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea

Founder Mahjongg 3D Tile Set 1 Champion, Gorillaz Tiles Champion, Nile Tiles Champion, Snow Day Champion, Food Mahjong Champion, Calculation Solitaire Champion, Calculation Solitaire Easy Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We only have Starkist in water.
    Likes sundealer liked this post

Cracker Droid Baccarat Champion
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it is strange that the article does not have any date codes associated with the recall that typically are found on the cans.
    R2D2
    Beep-op-whir-boop-weeee
    I'm a black and white type of guy, the only gray in my life is the hair on my head!
    Likes slick liked this post

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
    I think it is strange that the article does not have any date codes associated with the recall that typically are found on the cans.
    Here, I found a better article with more information:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/17/health...ods/index.html

Bumble Bee is recalling 31,579 cases of the canned tuna with UPC codes 8660000020, 8660000021 and 8660000736. They were produced in February 2016 and distributed nationally. The company said they could pose a possible health risk because of "process deviations" which occurred in a packing facility not owned or operated by Bumble Bee.
    Tri-Union Seafoods is recalling 2,745 cases of Chicken of the Sea brand canned tuna because it might be undercooked due to an equipment malfunction, according to manufacturer Tri-Union Seafoods. The recalled UPC codes are 0 4800000195 5 and 0 4800000245 7. They were produced between February 10, 2016 and March 16, 2016.

Thanks slick, R2D2 thanked for this post

Cooter
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We only eat the albacore in water as well.... but what's the difference, as far as having a "packing plant malfunction" would be concerned? I hate to think that I'd have to give up eating tuna salad.... one of my favorite things..... because of fear of what organism could be lurking in the can.