Catchdog
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Best Home Warranty Programs

New to the area! What are the best home warranty programs available in the Palm Coast area?

Piney-Woods Rooter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Best Home Warranty Programs

Be very, very careful on these companies. Parts and time frame for repairs are crazy.
    Likes KathyInAR liked this post

Cracklin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had good luck with AHS. I have the deluxe coverage which includes A/C and pool, $62 a month on an annual contract. $75 deductible per visit and $3000 limit per appliance. They replaced our hot water tank last year. It would have cost close to $800 but only $75 deductible. Also fixed the fridge and dishwasher. They are only as good as their contractors so if a contractor is a slug, request another one. I'm about to really test this out, the A/C died yesterday and that is why I have the warranty. They'll be out Monday. If it is a total system replacement, the $3000 should cover a bit more than half. Chances are it won't be full system.

Founder Zookeeper Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Zodiac Master Champion, Staries reflection 2 Champion, Gem Swap Deluxe Champion, Bling Bling Blaster Champion, Farm Hustle Champion, Ancient jewels 2 Champion, Candystand Mah-Jongg Champion, Ancient Shapes Champion, War of Thrones Champion, Pro Football History and Stats Champion, College Football History, Stats, and Trivia Champion, Baseball Stats and Trivia Champion, Animal Trivia Champion, What Do You Know? Champion, Match O Rama Pigs Champion, Pretty Penguins Champion, Jocker Champion, Candy Crush Champion, Midas Mahjong Champion, Mahjong War Champion, Mahjong Devil Island Champion, Cactus McCoy Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I too have good luck with AHS.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light but there was brimstone in his throat
    He'd show me the way according to him in return for my personal check
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and I lit another cigarette

Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used AHS when I lived in Louisiana and used them many times with good results. When I first started with them (1995) it was $32 month for house systems and all appliances, a $35 service call co-pay and no limit amount on the repair or replacement. Over the years the outside part of the a/c system was replace; a hot water heater replacement; a built-in microwave replacement; a garbage disposal replacement and a multitude of plumbing and electrical issues as well as appliance repairs taken care of over the years. I think the service call co-pays were $60 and the monthly premium was $48 when I discontinued them in early 2012.

When I retired and moved to Arkansas and bought a new-construction house I felt that I didn't need a home warranty policy for the first few years. Just last year I decided it was time to look into purchasing one and it seems to me that AHS has priced themselves out of the market for my needs. I decided to go with Select Home Warranty (all house systems and appliances*) based on the recommendations of several of my neighbors and the initial deal that I got included an option to renew for two more years at the same terms: $375 for 14 instead of 12 months coverage, $45 service call co-pay, no maximum on repair or replacement. Fortunately, I haven't had to use them. The third year I was here there was an issue with the A/C compressor (outside thingie) that was replace under warranty but I had to pay for the labor and that was $600 (took half a day), so that is when I started thinking about a home warranty.

*refrigerator in kitchen
    built-in microwave oven
    stove/oven
    A/C, cooling
    electrical system
    cooktop
    plumbing system
    heating system
    clothes washer
    garbage disposal
    ductwork
    ceiling fans
    plumbing stoppage
    water heater
    clothes dryer
    garage door opener
    dishwasher

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/home...-warranty.html

https://selecthomewarranty.com/

I found that they would negotiate with you to get your business.
    Last edited by KathyInAR; April 22nd, 2016 at 01:01 PM.
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Piney-Woods Rooter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rhweir View Post
    I've had good luck with AHS. I have the deluxe coverage which includes A/C and pool, $62 a month on an annual contract. $75 deductible per visit and $3000 limit per appliance. They replaced our hot water tank last year. It would have cost close to $800 but only $75 deductible. Also fixed the fridge and dishwasher. They are only as good as their contractors so if a contractor is a slug, request another one. I'm about to really test this out, the A/C died yesterday and that is why I have the warranty. They'll be out Monday. If it is a total system replacement, the $3000 should cover a bit more than half. Chances are it won't be full system.
    This is what I mean about the time frame for repairs. Let me say I pleased that you are happy with them. For me I like things done quickly. I know this is FL and it doesn't work quickly. A ac failure on Thursday to me means I call Artic Breeze and they will have a tech out Thursday or first thing Friday morning. They will repair it then or if a replacement is needed it is installed the next day. What I have seen from neighbors is a tech will show up, in your case Monday to decide it can be repaired and will order the parts and will return in a couple of day's to make the repair. My next door neighbor endured this constant repair and repeated failure for about a year before they decided to replace the entire unit.

I know that I will pay for the immediate service and repair but a failed a/c unit in July and waiting a possible 7+ days with no ac, or having a failed water heater or fridge for a prolonged time while somebody does a focus group to decide to repair or replace doesn't work for me. Others I'm sure are happy with it.
    Likes slick liked this post

Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before my a/c was ultimately replaced way back when, I arrived home from work on a Fri afternoon and found my a/c not working during the summer. We were having 90+ degree days. I called AHS and said that I was "an old lady" and I considered no a/c at those temps to be an emergency...they sent someone out that evening and I had a/c before dark. Within 60 days, the unit was replaced. So, in that instance I have to give AHS an A+.
    Last edited by KathyInAR; April 22nd, 2016 at 12:53 PM.
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea

Piney-Woods Rooter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I said "others I'm sure are happy with it". Others are not. Merely pointing that fact out. Not debating it.

Cracklin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update on the A/C repair by AHS. Reported the need for service on Thursday evening and they had an A/C tech out here by noon on Monday. He checked it out, said the 240V line was out. Most likely the compressor went and it blew out the breaker, breaker did not trip but he claims not unusual. So, he transferred it to an electrician. No need for a new $75 deductible. Electrician finally called on Tuesday morning after I complained to AHS. They said, late Thursday at best. I said no and they claim they will work me in today, maybe. When the electric repair is done, I need to have the A/C guy come back. I'm looking at an $800 compressor (covered by AHS) and 13.25 lbs of refrigerant @$60 a lb, AHS only pays $10 a lb. So, stuck with the $75 deductible and $625 for refrigerant. It is an old system. Asked the A/C tech why not replace it and he said AHS will not, they do it piecemeal and every time, charge for new refrigerant. He then dissed AHS and offered to install a new 4 ton system for $1600 parts and $1000 labor, cash on his time. I will not be renewing this policy.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was shopping around for a warranty policy last year, of course, I first checked with AHS as I had such good results before...their prices and coverage had changed significantly since I had them before so I decided to go with SELECT. You might want to check with them...I found that the reviews have been fairly good and had a few first-hand recommendations from neighbors. Good luck. When I had AHS, they finally replaced my A/C unit after having about 4 service calls over the preceeding 2 years. The only time when I had to pay any $$$ other than the service call co-pay was when they replaced my built-in microwave oven. The repair charge was just $60 less than the cost of a newly installed one, so I opted to pay the additional $60 and get a new m/w oven as they one I had was about 10-12 years old.

The first hint that I had that AHS may not be as good as it once was, was when I found out that USAA no longer was one of their "partners" as in the past an AHS policy could be purchases by members of USAA at a discounted price. USAA had dropped them several years ago.

Cracklin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It gets better as it unfolds. The electrician showed up. He tested the 240V line. No problems. He even looked inside the ac unit and said he thought it was a loose connection. He pressed on it and it started up but, not an ac tech so, still need them to come back to fix it. So, why would the ac tech say there was a problem with the 240 line? To get some time and to get me to call him and buy a system from him under the table. The electrician said to watch local ac techs because they have been poking holes in coils to sell new systems. So, after hours on hold with AHS and Total Aircare, I have yet another appointment tomorrow between 2-6. I'm sure we'll have to order parts. Days will pass and it is getting hot and the pollen sucks. No way with AHS, never again.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry you are having such a bad time--hope the issue is resolved sooner than later.

Founder Zookeeper Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Zodiac Master Champion, Staries reflection 2 Champion, Gem Swap Deluxe Champion, Bling Bling Blaster Champion, Farm Hustle Champion, Ancient jewels 2 Champion, Candystand Mah-Jongg Champion, Ancient Shapes Champion, War of Thrones Champion, Pro Football History and Stats Champion, College Football History, Stats, and Trivia Champion, Baseball Stats and Trivia Champion, Animal Trivia Champion, What Do You Know? Champion, Match O Rama Pigs Champion, Pretty Penguins Champion, Jocker Champion, Candy Crush Champion, Midas Mahjong Champion, Mahjong War Champion, Mahjong Devil Island Champion, Cactus McCoy Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep us in the loop!

Cracklin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have resolution! It was a $32.45 part called a connector. It shorted out. It only took 6 days to diagnose and repair. Never use Total Air Care and Polar Plumbing out of the Jax area. Tried to sell me an entire new system under the table, unable to diagnose the problem and kicked it to an electrician contractor who isn't even supposed to work on A/C units. The electrician said that when the inexperienced A/C techs get stuck they kick it to him so, he has become experienced at A/C. AHS only contracts with Total Air Care for Carrier. If you have a Carrier, this is a problem. AHS is only as good as it's contractors.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you let AHS know about the bad service? It could be that the vendor is costing AHS $$$ and/or cheating them as well.

Cracklin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spoke to AHS about him as well as the tech's company. When I handed that tech the $75 cash deductible on the first trip, he looked at the money like he wanted to eat it. The guy must be broke or needing a fix or something. I got my receipt. Once he got the $75 upfront, he could have cared less about fixing the problem. He was lazy because he passed it off the an electrical contractor (costing AHS money and hurting me because it ate up part of my $3000 limit for the A/C). He hurt his employer by trying to take the employer's potential business for an entire new system and he also damaged the employer's reputation. But looking at the online reviews for Total Air Care, their rep is shot anyway.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TracyHarris View Post
    Plumbing is a task that involves working with pipes, plumbing fixtures and tubing for water supply and drainage systems. Having faulty plumbing is one of the most challenging circumstances that you can face at home. Getting a home plumbing services by a specialist is a very good step towards keeping your house safe. By getting the best plumbing service NJ company, you can be assured working water and that the drainage system is properly installed.
    Thanks Tracy! But unless you are offering to pay the travel fee, I think most of us will stay local here in FL!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sundealer View Post
    Thanks Tracy! But unless you are offering to pay the travel fee, I think most of us will stay local here in FL!
    Now I'm really confused. I've been up and down here several times and I have to ask, where did that quote come from? link?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Now I'm really confused. I've been up and down here several times and I have to ask, where did that quote come from? link?
    It was posted yesterday.
    She might have removed it.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has been deleted as SPAM or mining or something similar.