In The Pokey Land fill Bill Champion, Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Cat Bowling Champion, Just Throw Me Champion, Billiards Frenzy Champion, Saturdays Night Blood Fest Champion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Fluctuating WiFi signal and stationary?

Hi all: I just had a question about a problem and I recently bought a new Chrome tablet and had Bright House WiFi hooked up at my Uncles house. I don't understand why the wifi meter on my tablet is fluctuating between a full 4 bars and sometimes a red or yellow bar stating that there is no internet at the moment. I have watched the bars go up and down on a daily basis and I don't understand why they would move at all if I am stationary and not moving. Could power lines interfere? I doubt that and I understand that Bright House runs on 2 to 2.5 Ghz?I am not near the modem( maybe 20 yards) and I don't think I can hard wire this tablet.... with a cable, anyway. I have been looking into signal extenders and wondered if I should have Bright House help me, can they? Or should I take some advice on a wifi extender that maybe one of you have tried?? Any tricks of the trade? These blackouts get un-nerving sometimes as the signal returns within minutes! I just don't understand why it is not steady. It is security coded and I am the only one drawing off it. Or am I?? Is there a way to see if it was high jacked? I have heard of that. Maybe I should change my code.... Thanks for your patience and time to read this.

Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Fluctuating WiFi signal and stationary?

All personal wi-fi should be password protected, if not your neighbor if close enough, could access your wi-fi.
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Thanks N/A thanked for this post

Piney-Woods Rooter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try rebooting your router. Hopefully you are not using BH's as range isn't that good. Try a speed test on it to see where you are.
    Thanks N/A thanked for this post

In The Pokey Land fill Bill Champion, Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Cat Bowling Champion, Just Throw Me Champion, Billiards Frenzy Champion, Saturdays Night Blood Fest Champion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcar View Post
    Try rebooting your router. Hopefully you are not using BH's as range isn't that good. Try a speed test on it to see where you are.
    Are you saying that I can use any router I want if I go out and buy one? I don't like their (BH's) routers either. It is a black metal box with 'air holes' in it and no antenna shown as I presume 2.5Ghz(that's what they say). I can just see their store room with a huge pile in the middle of the room and a sign sticking up through the top of the pile to say..'nobody likes this junk'.... Maybe I should buy one with them antennas or 5Ghz if there is such a thing. I haven't tried searching yet except for 'power line extenders' and I am not sure about those. Thanks for the suggestion.