Thread: More VA BS!!!

Piney-Woods Rooter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default More VA BS!!!

Elect a Clown You Get a Circus

Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: More VA BS!!!

Oh yeah, now about Trump's promise to "take care of veterans"...like everything else this ignorant lying thriving reprobate touches, if there is nothing in it for him or one of his...it is expendable.
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Likes Fastcar liked this post

Piney-Woods Rooter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as I agree with you, this isn't all on DA. The VA as been screwing vets forever imo. Of course with all of DA's bs he can address this and correct it in a minute.

I still firmly believe that any vet who qualifies for VA benefits should be enrolled in Tricare and be given a id card that will let them access facilities at any military installation. Thus no need for the VA to exist.
    Likes KathyInAR liked this post

Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcar View Post
    As much as I agree with you, this isn't all on DA. The VA as been screwing vets forever imo. Of course with all of DA's bs he can address this and correct it in a minute.

I still firmly believe that any vet who qualifies for VA benefits should be enrolled in Tricare and be given a id card that will let them access facilities at any military installation. Thus no need for the VA to exist.
    I wasn't "blaming" Trump for this; only pointing out that he promised to "take care of veterans" and while it is still early, it wasn't one of his "first" items as was the removing EPA and other regulations that protect the public and workers and favor "big business" and responding to the "wants" of the NRA and doing away with regulations banning lead in hunting and fishing bullets and gear. I agree with the TRICARE option absolutely!
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea

Piney-Woods Rooter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DA promised???? lol

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DA promised???? lol
    Yeah I know, his promises aren't worth a pile of doo-doo.

Piney-Woods Rooter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, this war and related crap will never end. The VA does it again.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/poli...142945614.html

Piney-Woods Rooter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's the VA in DA's front yard!

http://www.wcvb.com/article/report-v...y-risk/9269629

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, I worked for the Feds for 33 years, beginning as an Army civilian employee, with USDA for only a short period of time, Dept of Justice and then the Dept of Homeland Security--never in any of those 33 years did I ever see such a disregard from employees to do a good decent job as has been reported throughout the VA. I know that there are plenty of good employees within the VA; however, they seem to have more than their fair share of bad employees, particularly at the top.

Piney-Woods Rooter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has been going on since the 60's that I know of. I opted for a DoD retirement rather than deal with the VA. The Sgt. Major at the hospital I was in suggested strongly which way to go when the choice was given. I have a file with the VA and have gone there 3 times in 50 years. Everybody says it needs change but nothing happens. That is why I advocate for the demise of the VA and give those eligible Tricare or let them avail themselves to any military facility.

As you say there are some real dedicated people who work there and do a wonderful job. Some get good service with claims. But imo they are in the minority. It seems that every few months there is another horror show at another VA facility.

Thinking about this, I have never met a single person who retired as a employee of the VA. Curious...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...me either.

Founder Zookeeper Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Zodiac Master Champion, Staries reflection 2 Champion, Gem Swap Deluxe Champion, Bling Bling Blaster Champion, Farm Hustle Champion, Ancient jewels 2 Champion, Candystand Mah-Jongg Champion, Ancient Shapes Champion, War of Thrones Champion, Pro Football History and Stats Champion, College Football History, Stats, and Trivia Champion, Baseball Stats and Trivia Champion, Animal Trivia Champion, What Do You Know? Champion, Match O Rama Pigs Champion, Pretty Penguins Champion, Jocker Champion, Candy Crush Champion, Midas Mahjong Champion, Mahjong War Champion, Mahjong Devil Island Champion, Cactus McCoy Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trump signs bill allowing veterans to seek care outside broken VA system

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump...doctors-2017-4
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light but there was brimstone in his throat
    He'd show me the way according to him in return for my personal check
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and I lit another cigarette

Piney-Woods Rooter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sundealer View Post
    Trump signs bill allowing veterans to seek care outside broken VA system

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump...doctors-2017-4
    This is so misleading!

One could infer that all vets could avail themselves to this program and that would be wrong..

This is an extension of a about to expire bill. It is a very small step that helps only a few. But it is at least a step.
    Last edited by Fastcar; April 20th, 2017 at 09:17 AM.

Piney-Woods Rooter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unconscionable!!!

Post amended automatically

UNCONSCIONABLE!!! Un-frigging-conscionable!!!

Cracker Droid Baccarat Champion
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like the data was old.... from 2015 per the article

I am not saying this is acceptable but I don't think this is actually news.
    R2D2
    Beep-op-whir-boop-weeee
    I'm a black and white type of guy, the only gray in my life is the hair on my head!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It appears that this study from 2015 may have been released recently.

Piney-Woods Rooter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
    Looks like the data was old.... from 2015 per the article

I am not saying this is acceptable but I don't think this is actually news.
    Well, I'd bet it isn't news to the vets who 's cases were mis-handled.

Further it must be that Boston is behind the times, front page news there.

Actually you bring up a very good point. The VA has forever been very good at burying everything. 2015 is probably current for those folks.
    Likes R2D2 liked this post

Piney-Woods Rooter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is so sad. The VA had the info on this vet since 2010 but choose to ignore it.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/loc..._on_brain_mass

The VA kept this "news" buried for 7 years.
    Likes R2D2 liked this post

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is so sad. The VA had the info on this vet since 2010 but choose to ignore it.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/loc..._on_brain_mass

The VA kept this "news" buried for 7 years.
    This is beyond sad, it should be criminal...my prayers and hope are that now, armed with this information, this man get all the help and benefits to which he is rightfully entitled and that he gets some relief for his condition that will allow him to live out his life in a meaningful way. At the very least he should receive benefits retroactively and an award for the unnecessary pain and suffering he has endured even if he has to sue each of the doctors he saw at the VA hospital, after the MRIs showed the mass, on an individual basis--their malpractice should not be considered within the scope of their employment (maybe even a suspension of their licenses to practice medicine is appropriate).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast