OMG OMG:  0
Gratitude Gratitude:  0
Fuzzy Hugs Fuzzy Hugs:  0
Bless Your Heart Bless Your Heart:  0
WTF WTF:  0
BS BS:  0
Gong Gong:  0
Disagree Disagree:  0
    Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New Adjustable Bed Frame and Pillow

How wonderful is it to have a daughter-in-law working in the furniture/bedding business??? It is great, I tell you! There is such a high markup in furniture/bedding that when one can get it at cost it is indeed wonderful!!!

About 4 years ago I purchased a new Sealy hybrid mattress and low-profile foundation (box spring) -- remember, I'm old, got bad knees and only 5' tall; so, beds that one needs a ladder to get into is not for me! Anyway, I've never been a back sleeper, having always slept on my stomach, side or a combination of both, with one leg fairly straight and the top leg kinda bent with the knee down on the mattress. Well with the bad knees, the stomach and side position was too painful on my knees and I felt miserable laying flat on my back with my legs straight out. I needed a pillow under my knees to relieve the pressure/pain of them being flattened out--I had taken to sleeping mostly in an old recliner (nearly 30 years old) that I had moved to my bedroom after purchasing a new recliner about 4 years ago after moving to Arkansas because I could never get use to laying flat on my back. That recliner finally gave out (the leather split on the back where there had been a crease in the leather (the back was a down-filled pillow and the leather was not stretched tight and always had creases in it); so, last Christmas the kids gave me a new lady-sized Flexsteel recliner to replace it. And with it reclined all the way back and a pillow under my knees it was comfortable to sleep in.

Anyway, I thought with an adjustable bed I could raise the mattress under my legs, raising my head and shoulders a bit would put me in in a position (nearly zero gavity) that resembled a recliner and I would be comfortable and able to sleep on my back. So, my DIL was able to get me a Sealy adjustable bed frame that my new mattress (about 4 years old but only used steadily for about 12-16 months) would work on and it was delivered and set up yesterday. When I went into my DIL's store to try it out to see if I wanted it, the one set up in her store also had a cooling pillow (Tempur-pedic) on it and I found the combination of the adjustable bed frame and pillow very comfortable and purchased both.

I had the best night's sleep last night that I've had in forever!!! I love it! Highly recommend if any of you have the same issues I do or find that you no longer are comfortable laying flat in your beds. If you sleep with a partner in a king-sized bed you can get a frame with double mattresses so that each can adjust or not to their own liking. Most of the newer manufactured mattress work with the adjustable bed frames as long as, if it has springs, they are not set into a ridge frame where they are all attached with each other. The pillow is heavy as can be, and feels really firm, but it is incredibly comfortable and doesn't move...it supports your head, neck and shoulders if you have your head high up on the pillow.

Name:  prodchart-sealyease.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  19.7 KBName:  Tempur-Pedic-Cloud-Breeze-Dual-Cooling-Memory-Foam-Pillow.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  20.9 KB
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Likes slick, Jeannie liked this post

Founder Mahjongg 3D Tile Set 1 Champion, Gorillaz Tiles Champion, Nile Tiles Champion, Snow Day Champion, Food Mahjong Champion, Calculation Solitaire Champion, Calculation Solitaire Easy Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: New Adjustable Bed Frame and Pillow

Sounds great, we are planning on getting a new bed and pillows in the next year.
    Likes KathyInAR liked this post

Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: New Adjustable Bed Frame and Pillow

Gotta say, lovin' this new bed!!! It is so comfortable and I am sleeping so well that I can highly recommend if anyone is needing or thinking about a new bed.
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.