Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: NEW Presidential Thread

Quote Originally Posted by limner43 View Post
    You even give him too much credit calling Trump a reality TV star. Most of the words Trump uttered in the Apprentice were written for him by Mark Burnett, the producer, and his staff of writers. The only time Trump made a decision was when he decided whom to fire....and that was based largely on the input from the staff. He was a figurehead who used the show to sell his products. Another stint as an empty suit living off the fat of the land. Now, he's living high on the taxpayers' dime, traveling to his resorts, charging the Secret Service for rooms, sending his kids on business trips......enjoying the life he deserves, all paid for by you..... So, you are no different that the contractors he stiffed, the investors he left holding the bag, or the companies that lost money during his many bankruptcies. You pay while he jetsets about.......doesn't that make you feel good?
    If this was in reference to my post...I didn't say he was a star...a star has its own light and shines...doesn't fit him at all.
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Cracklin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, not a reference to your post. People often refer to the Idiot-In-Chief as a reality TV star, and that is the genesis of my reaction. Mitt Romney put it best...."He is a phony, a fraud...."
    Likes KathyInAR liked this post

Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, not a reference to your post. People often refer to the Idiot-In-Chief as a reality TV star, and that is the genesis of my reaction. Mitt Romney put it best...."He is a phony, a fraud...."
    Have to say, I agree with Romney on this!
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea

Piney-Woods Rooter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KathyInAR View Post
    Have to say, I agree with Romney on this!
    Yeah, as out of touch as Romney was he was pretty smart and was nuts on with his assessment of DA.
    Elect a Clown You Get a Circus
    Likes KathyInAR liked this post

Cracklin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With all the clues presented of Trump's real estate scams, the idiotic performances in the debates, and the outlandish promises that any reasonable person understood were merely bloviating by this windbag, how is it that he won the nomination and the election? Is there really a segment of this population that is so under-educated and gullible that they believed his nonsense? If so, (and that was a rhetorical question) then we are in deep trouble as a nation. Because if Roy Moore of Alabama is any bell-weather, the looney-tune characters will dominate the feckless Republican Party, and moderates and the poor can kiss democracy goodbye.

Founder Zookeeper Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Zodiac Master Champion, Staries reflection 2 Champion, Gem Swap Deluxe Champion, Bling Bling Blaster Champion, Farm Hustle Champion, Ancient jewels 2 Champion, Candystand Mah-Jongg Champion, Ancient Shapes Champion, War of Thrones Champion, Pro Football History and Stats Champion, College Football History, Stats, and Trivia Champion, Baseball Stats and Trivia Champion, Animal Trivia Champion, What Do You Know? Champion, Match O Rama Pigs Champion, Pretty Penguins Champion, Jocker Champion, Candy Crush Champion, Midas Mahjong Champion, Mahjong War Champion, Mahjong Devil Island Champion, Cactus McCoy Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KathyInAR View Post
    ...and yet he has done plenty to hurt this country since he took office.
    which policies would those be?
    Executive orders are not laws.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light but there was brimstone in his throat
    He'd show me the way according to him in return for my personal check
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and I lit another cigarette

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sundealer View Post
    which policies would those be?
    Executive orders are not laws.
    I don't think anyone was talking about "laws" and you are correct, EOs are not laws; however, they often have the same effect as does Federal law until/unless Congress passes a law that nullifies it or a Court of proper jurisdiction finds it unlawful, unconstitutional or issues a stay.

One of the first regulation that the Trump administration rolled back was the ban on the use of lead in bullets and fishing tackle.

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-env...ead-ammunition

I challenge you to watch this YouTube Video of an American Bald Eagle, our country's symbol with lead poisoning, and say why you think this was a good idea:

and this one too:

An easy fix:

As a symbol of our country the American Bald Eagle is right up there with our Flag and National Anthem as due respect from our citizens. In fact, the American Bald Eagle is held in such high respect that the mere action of having a bald eagle feather in your possessions places you at risk of a $100,000 fine and a year in prison. Therefore, regulations, EOs and/or laws such as the one put in place by the Obama administration (though IMO, it did not go far enough as it only applied to Federal lands) makes a lot of sense without placing excessive hardships on anyone.

So, DJT's yelling about NFL players not standing for the National Anthem seems a bit hypocritical when he isn't interested in protection of our National Symbol.

I get back to you on other items, I have to go feed Lily as the house/critter sitter has class tonight.
    Last edited by KathyInAR; October 3rd, 2017 at 08:06 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a biggie for the average middle class person saving/investing for their future and retirements:

http://www.latimes.com/business/hilt...203-story.html

And nevermind about worker safety:

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-gutt...-4033a7673167/

Remember Love Canal and DDT Insecticides?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-100-days.html

These are but a few of the hundreds of current or proposed regulations that have been cancelled, rollbacked, or set aside that cause harm to the average American citizen, but, hey...investment personnel will no longer have to considered the customer's best interest when taking the money for investment purposes; and whats the big deal with a few more kids with cancer; or, workers being required to do tasks in an unsafe environment without the added protection that would help to keep them safe?

Piney-Woods Rooter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With all the clues presented of Trump's real estate scams, the idiotic performances in the debates, and the outlandish promises that any reasonable person understood were merely bloviating by this windbag, how is it that he won the nomination and the election? Is there really a segment of this population that is so under-educated and gullible that they believed his nonsense? If so, (and that was a rhetorical question) then we are in deep trouble as a nation. Because if Roy Moore of Alabama is any bell-weather, the looney-tune characters will dominate the feckless Republican Party, and moderates and the poor can kiss democracy goodbye.
    Sadly we are in deep trouble.

Yes there is a large segment that is under educated and gullible. To the point that it has been preached for years at home and the children follow the lessons taught by the parents. Area's that are anti worker, anti union, anti higher education have created a population that has no expectations of bettering themselves.
    To the point that attaining a full time job at Wal-Mart is akin to hitting the lottery. A un educated voter is a republican's best friend. I give you Betsy DeVos. Note that you don't see many high tech jobs here for one reason. The workforce is not able to fill the position's.

Founder Zookeeper Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Zodiac Master Champion, Staries reflection 2 Champion, Gem Swap Deluxe Champion, Bling Bling Blaster Champion, Farm Hustle Champion, Ancient jewels 2 Champion, Candystand Mah-Jongg Champion, Ancient Shapes Champion, War of Thrones Champion, Pro Football History and Stats Champion, College Football History, Stats, and Trivia Champion, Baseball Stats and Trivia Champion, Animal Trivia Champion, What Do You Know? Champion, Match O Rama Pigs Champion, Pretty Penguins Champion, Jocker Champion, Candy Crush Champion, Midas Mahjong Champion, Mahjong War Champion, Mahjong Devil Island Champion, Cactus McCoy Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To the point that attaining a full time job at Wal-Mart is akin to hitting the lottery. A un educated voter is a republican's best friend
    They have to work to keep undocumented immigrants and refugees in EBT cards, subsidized housing and health care. How else would the Dem's get any votes?
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light but there was brimstone in his throat
    He'd show me the way according to him in return for my personal check
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and I lit another cigarette

Piney-Woods Rooter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sundealer View Post
    They have to work to keep undocumented immigrants and refugees in EBT cards, subsidized housing and health care. How else would the Dem's get any votes?
    Here is the example!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12