Thread: Flood Insurance

Piney-Woods Rooter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Flood Insurance

Some folks are really screwed as the idiots play games in DC.

http://www.wickedlocal.com/news/2018...es-in-shutdown
    Elect a Clown You Get a Circus

Cracker Droid Baccarat Champion
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Flood Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcar View Post
    Some folks are really screwed as the idiots play games in DC.

http://www.wickedlocal.com/news/2018...es-in-shutdown

I don't understand your comment about being screwed. From what I read it only affects those seeking a new policy and does not affect those that have a policy in place. I have a very hard time imagining many people trying to start a new flood insurance policy in January.

Oh but I do agree that the occupants of DC are idiots and playing games,.... all of them with very few exceptions!
    R2D2
    Beep-op-whir-boop-weeee
    I'm a black and white type of guy, the only gray in my life is the hair on my head!

Piney-Woods Rooter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
    I don't understand your comment about being screwed. From what I read it only affects those seeking a new policy and does not affect those that have a policy in place. I have a very hard time imagining many people trying to start a new flood insurance policy in January.

Oh but I do agree that the occupants of DC are idiots and playing games,.... all of them with very few exceptions!
    Anybody attempting to secure a mortgage for a home that is in a flood plain the lender usually requires flood insurance before they can close on the property. Moot now.
    Likes R2D2 liked this post

Cracker Droid Baccarat Champion
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcar View Post
    Anybody attempting to secure a mortgage for a home that is in a flood plain the lender usually requires flood insurance before they can close on the property. Moot now.

Got it... understood
    R2D2
    Beep-op-whir-boop-weeee
    I'm a black and white type of guy, the only gray in my life is the hair on my head!

Flats
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only those who bought homes this month, everyone else will be affected when the existing policy come up for renewal. What this means is that 100% of the policyholders will be affected within the next 11 months. I think the real problem will be for those with mortgages, who have banks that require flood coverage. Simply another example of Trump destroying the basics of a civilized society. MAGA, my ass!

Piney-Woods Rooter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My point was in the event of a shutdown the program would be unfunded. Thus anybody who locked in a rate could possibly loose it if the home they were attempting to purchase was on the coast. Most banks will not release a mortgage without the protection of flood insurance on homes located in flood prone areas. Seems that we will be back into this position in a couple of weeks as congress and DA continue to stroke their egos and screw their constituents.

Founder Zookeeper Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Zodiac Master Champion, Staries reflection 2 Champion, Gem Swap Deluxe Champion, Bling Bling Blaster Champion, Farm Hustle Champion, Ancient jewels 2 Champion, Candystand Mah-Jongg Champion, Ancient Shapes Champion, War of Thrones Champion, Pro Football History and Stats Champion, College Football History, Stats, and Trivia Champion, Baseball Stats and Trivia Champion, Animal Trivia Champion, What Do You Know? Champion, Match O Rama Pigs Champion, Pretty Penguins Champion, Jocker Champion, Candy Crush Champion, Midas Mahjong Champion, Mahjong War Champion, Mahjong Devil Island Champion, Cactus McCoy Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same as Hurricane insurance. If there's a named storm coming, and you need insurance, you won't get it.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light but there was brimstone in his throat
    He'd show me the way according to him in return for my personal check
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and I lit another cigarette