Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Flooring

Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: New Flooring

Poor Arabella was so traumatized the first day, that I almost cried that night. They got here just before 9 a.m. and when they rang the door bell she ran into one of the spare bedrooms as she always does...and they started loading in all kinds of equipment, boxes of planks, moving furniture, rolling up room-sized rugs and putting them in one of the spare bedrooms, making all kinds of noise...I knew I'd not see or hear from her until they were gone. I was holding up in my bedroom where I have a recliner and on the other side of the house from where they were working. I thought surely when they broke for lunch, she'd come out from hiding and I could get her into my bedroom and I'd move the litterbox and her food into the master bath. Well, when they left I called, and called, and called and then called some more for her, she wouldn't show her face...they returned from lunch and then packed up and left about 4:15 p.m. for the day.

I kept trying to find her and calling and called and called until I was horse. Finally at about 7:45 p.m. I see her poke her head out from under the bed in the bedroom where everything is piled in...I went to her and petted her and talked to her until she started to purr. I picked her up and was going to take her across the house (living room) to where the laundry room and her little box is. As soon as she saw the mess and upheaval in the living room she bolted out of my arms over my shoulder, scratching my neck as she goes over the shoulder and runs under the bed in the other spare bedroom. I closed the door the the room where she was first, so if I could get her she couldn't run in there and hide. I couldn't coax her out from under the bed so, I went into my office thinking she'd follow me in there eventually. Finally, I keep calling her and she finally came into the office after about 20 minutes or so. I closed that bedroom door and the hallway bathroom door...I got her from the office and carrying her tried again to go through the living room...she bolted again...I got a towel, wrapped her up in it and covered her face so she couldn't see and finally got her on the other side of the house and closed all the doors to the rooms on the other side. It was just a few minutes to 9:00 p.m.!

Finally she calmed down, used the litterbox but wouldn't eat. Yesterday and today, I kept her in my bedroom with me and closed the door and she was much more comfortable and would lay in my lap until it got too noisy or she heard them talking and getting close to the door and she'd jump down and run into my closet. I left the door open, so she'd have someplace to run where she'd feel secure. I think part of it was it was so noisy...electric saw going in the garage, pressure gun putting up quarter-round molding, knocking the planks together, and just so much activity. At least by yesterday evening after they left and I started moving around in the kitchen she finally came out of my bedroom and found me and started exploring and seeing that "all was really okay" and nothing was gonna get her.
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Founder Zookeeper Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Zodiac Master Champion, Staries reflection 2 Champion, Gem Swap Deluxe Champion, Bling Bling Blaster Champion, Farm Hustle Champion, Ancient jewels 2 Champion, Candystand Mah-Jongg Champion, Ancient Shapes Champion, War of Thrones Champion, Pro Football History and Stats Champion, College Football History, Stats, and Trivia Champion, Baseball Stats and Trivia Champion, Animal Trivia Champion, What Do You Know? Champion, Match O Rama Pigs Champion, Pretty Penguins Champion, Jocker Champion, Candy Crush Champion, Midas Mahjong Champion, Mahjong War Champion, Mahjong Devil Island Champion, Cactus McCoy Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To sing to Arabella to calm her down.

I found a preacher who spoke of the light but there was brimstone in his throat
    He'd show me the way according to him in return for my personal check
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and I lit another cigarette
    Likes Jeannie liked this post
    Thanks KathyInAR thanked for this post

Piney-Woods Rooter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are some things you can give to dogs to calm them a bit. I'm sure that they make it for cats as well. Sort of like pet valum
    Elect a Clown You Get a Circus
    Likes KathyInAR liked this post

Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sundealer View Post
    To sing to Arabella to calm her down.

So sweet! It just hurt my heart to know she was so frightened. I just couldn't make her understand that there was nothing to be afraid of...she is much better since last night. The kitchen, living room, the long hallway and most of the hallway bathroom is done with just a little molding still to be installed. Today they will finish up the hallway bathroom, do the laundry room--I don't know if they will get to the master bath today or wait until tomorrow. Arabella was running all around the house last night and again this morning she is following me around like always. I moved her litter box into the master bath this morning and that seemed to puzzle her but she knows where it is and seems happy about it. She and I peed together this morning...ain't that sweet or is it too much info? LOL Anyway, after tomorrow it will all be over with...just will have to be putting all the stuff back in the china and curio cabinets, on the shelves, etc.
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcar View Post
    There are some things you can give to dogs to calm them a bit. I'm sure that they make it for cats as well. Sort of like pet valum
    Wish I had thought to ask the vet about it...it didn't occur to me that she'd be so freaked out. I knew she would stay hid while they were here, but, didn't know that "what she saw" would be so upsetting to her. She has to be sedated each year when she gets her shots, as she fights and tries to bite the vet and techs. She is a one-person kitty, and that one person is me...she doesn't hide from the cleaning lady who has been coming here at least once every two weeks for more than a year but she won't let her pet her (and she is a cat person!) and she always stays between her and me like she is protecting me. She will let the kids and my son and DIL pet her for a bit and then she is done with them and the neighbors next door are in and out often and she lets them pet her. She was a rescue so I have no way to know what her background is, she may have not been too far from feral when I got her, but she is sweet and loving to me and seems to "love and adore" me...of course, I see to her every need and want....LOL
    Last edited by KathyInAR; February 15th, 2018 at 07:43 AM.

Piney-Woods Rooter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is this stuff called Composure Pro. Available from vets. I've used it on a couple of German Shepherds as they get older. They will sorta withdraw as their sense's begin to fail as they age. They seem to know when they aren't as sharp as they once were. I've had real good luck with this. It brings them right back.
    Elect a Clown You Get a Circus

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guys stayed late yesterday and finished! Yea, furniture is all back in place and Sweet Arabella is back to her regular self...I've washed all the stem ware that is to go back in the china cabinet and starting to put it all back together today! I am so happy with my new flooring and glad I decided to do it!

Likes sundealer liked this post

Founder Mahjongg 3D Tile Set 1 Champion, Gorillaz Tiles Champion, Nile Tiles Champion, Snow Day Champion, Food Mahjong Champion, Calculation Solitaire Champion, Calculation Solitaire Easy Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The floor looks beautiful.
    Thanks KathyInAR thanked for this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12