Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Flooring

Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New Flooring

I've been living with this sample for a month now to make sure it is the one I want! I do, and "they" start the installation on Feb 7th!

Name:  flooring.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  234.6 KB
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Likes R2D2 liked this post

Founder Zookeeper Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Zodiac Master Champion, Staries reflection 2 Champion, Gem Swap Deluxe Champion, Bling Bling Blaster Champion, Farm Hustle Champion, Ancient jewels 2 Champion, Candystand Mah-Jongg Champion, Ancient Shapes Champion, War of Thrones Champion, Pro Football History and Stats Champion, College Football History, Stats, and Trivia Champion, Baseball Stats and Trivia Champion, Animal Trivia Champion, What Do You Know? Champion, Match O Rama Pigs Champion, Pretty Penguins Champion, Jocker Champion, Candy Crush Champion, Midas Mahjong Champion, Mahjong War Champion, Mahjong Devil Island Champion, Cactus McCoy Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: New Flooring

Is that the title type or real wood?
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light but there was brimstone in his throat
    He'd show me the way according to him in return for my personal check
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and I lit another cigarette

Piney-Woods Rooter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You putting that over the tile?
    Elect a Clown You Get a Circus

Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sundealer View Post
    Is that the title type or real wood?
    Is it called "luxury vinyl plank" (LVP)...it looks "so real" that when my daughter-in-law, the interior decorator thought at first it was hardwood flooring...so, you get the look without the trouble and care required. It is waterproof and can be used in wet areas. The grade that I am getting is considered to be "moderate commercial" so I am expecting it to last me "forever"...however long that is. The color I am getting is Williamson Oak. It will be installed in my kitchen and dining area, living room, hallways, bathrooms, and laundry room. My bedrooms all have carpeting.

http://www.usfloorsllc.com/product-c...tec-plus-xl-e/
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcar View Post
    You putting that over the tile?
    The flooring that I'm covering is stained concrete which is very popular in this area...and "stained" concrete is aptly named as anything that is dropped on the floor that has the least amount of oil, grease (especially like you find in kitchens) stains the floor no matter how quickly you get it up and scrubbed the floor. Think: a spot on a shirt when eating a buttered roll and if a tiny bit of butter touches the shirt....it is impossible to clean it up and I've talked to "experts" far and wide and no one has a solution. The same for any cleaning products that have any chlorine or ammonia in it. Also any rubberized material that sits on it leaches into it. I had my new washer and drying delivered and installed a few months before I actually moved in. After moving in and readjusting the placement of the washer and dryer--where it had been sitting was left with the round discolored marks of where the rubber feet had been for 3-4 months.

At first I though I'd have ceramic/porcelain tile laid over the concrete...nope! can't do that...as the product (thin set or whatever it is called or glue) needed to adhere the tile will not adhere to the stained concrete with out it's removal which is a very costly and dirty project. A "floating floor" is the only flooring that can be applied to the stained concrete without almost doubling the cost besides the complete mess that it makes. Besides, whenever I step from the concrete floor onto the sample the difference in the feel beneath my feet is amazing. I always kinda poop-pooped the idea of other flooring being so much easier on the legs/feet...as even hardwood, carpet, etc. is installed over concrete in many instances...but just stepping from one to the other is really surprising. (The LVP has a cork underlayment.)

The installers will also install quarter-round molding which my floors do not now have (painted to match the current baseboards and stained to match the cabinets in the kitchen and bathrooms).

Piney-Woods Rooter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They do driveways around here like you current floor. IIrc they use a stencil and spray it on. I do like the wood, looks real good.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They do driveways around here like you current floor. IIrc they use a stencil and spray it on. I do like the wood, looks real good.
    These are not done with stencils...not sure of all the particulars but I know these type of stained concrete floors are often referred to as acid-stain.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This looks very close to what I had put in my dining room, master bedroom and my office. I will try to find the paperwork. It has been very easy to keep clean. Mine look closer to the Venado Oak. I wish now I would have gone a little lighter but I picked the color I picked because I have both dark and light colored furniture and I wanted something that would look good with both colors of wood.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kotch View Post
    This looks very close to what I had put in my dining room, master bedroom and my office. I will try to find the paperwork. It has been very easy to keep clean. Mine look closer to the Venado Oak. I wish now I would have gone a little lighter but I picked the color I picked because I have both dark and light colored furniture and I wanted something that would look good with both colors of wood.
    I am interested in your experiences...what I've decided on is not laminate, it is similar but can be used in wet areas. "They" say that even if it is flooded it can be taken up, dry out underneath to prevent mold and installed back again. I looked at the store for a color and asked it they would bring the sample and a few others with them, when they came to measure, so I could see how it would look next to my cabinets since it is going in my kitchen and bathrooms. They brought out about eight samples and the initial one I thought I wanted looked awful. I thought I wanted lighted, but the one I ultimately choose looks great up against my cabinets.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the color I have and I think it is the same thing that you are having installed. It can be used in wet areas and be dried off and reinstalled. We have had them almost a year and I love them. I usually just dust mop them and once in a while use a little vinegar and water on them. I think the vinegar helps take the sand off the floor. The bottom picture is what they look like in my dining room.Home > Products > COREtec Plus > COREtec Plus XL > Montrose Oak
    Montrose Oak
    50LVP609

With being the largest LVT plank on the market, COREtec Plus XL is in a category all its own. Rigid plank technology allows easy handling and installation making COREtec Plus XL a great alternative to glue down LVT, solid locking LVT, or laminate flooring. The patented construction of COREtec Plus XL features our innovative COREtec core structure, which is an extruded core made from recycled wood and bamboo dust, limestone, and virgin PVC. Since COREtec Plus products are 100% waterproof, they can be installed in wet areas and will never swell when exposed to water. COREtec Plus XL is inert and dimensionally stable; it will not expand or contract under normal conditions. Further, COREtec Plus XL never needs expansion strips in large rooms. Each COREtec Plus plank has an attached cork underlayment for a quieter, warmer vinyl floor that is naturally resistant to odor causing mold and mildew. COREtec Plus XL is GREENGUARD GOLD Certified for Indoor Air Quality to help keep your home healthy and happy.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Kotch; January 26th, 2018 at 02:30 PM.
    Thanks KathyInAR thanked for this post

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes Kotch, it is the very same thing except mine will be the XL-E (enhanced, though I am not sure what that means exactly). I am having just a bit over 1,000 sq ft installed. The flooring store I am using said they recommend and will provide a year's worth of Bona Professional floor cleaning solution and mop/application pads. Your floor really looks great! Have you had any instances of scratches? The installers will also be glueing felt on the bottom of furniture legs. I do have an 8' x 9' rug under my dining table/chairs which I will be using.
    Last edited by KathyInAR; January 26th, 2018 at 03:16 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had no problems with scratches and I have 2 dogs that run on them all the time. I bought chair socks for my chairs. These floors are so much easier to take care of than the hardwood floors I had up north. My husband is going to be having his office done sometime this spring with the same flooring. I am slowly getting rid of all my carpet. I hope you like your new floors as much as I like mine.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Installation starts today! I've been living in a mess the past week...had to empty the curio cabinet, china cabinet and move all the brick-a-brac from shelves, tables, etc. The installers move the furniture of course, but, not the "stuff"...I have about 1.5 sq ft of counter space left in the kitchen to use with everything out of the china cabinet piled all over the rest of the counter space. "They" say it will take about a week to complete the job...so, it'll be microwaved meals or delivery/carry out for the duration. And Sweet Arabella will have to learn where her litter box is, once they tackle the laundry room and it has to be moved out. Fun times this week to be sure and it's cold this morning!!! I had to go tend my DIL's kitties this morning at O-dark-thirty because "they" will be arriving at the time I normally went over there (between 8-9 a.m.); but, Mandy will be home this afternoon...I will miss taking care of those sweet babies as I've seen them 2-3 times a day and loved on them for the past 5 weeks.

As I've said before, if'n I had a fire or flood, I'd become a minimalist and not have the first piece of brick-a-brac or collectible thingie...but, with over 50 years of collecting various thingies, way too much stuff in this house!!!

Likes sundealer, Jeannie liked this post

Piney-Woods Rooter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How big are the pieces that make up the floor?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How big are the pieces that make up the floor?
    6 feet x 9 inches

Piney-Woods Rooter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you!

Looks and sounds good.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The house is a mess, the kitty is traumatized; but, I'm loving how it is turning out...for some reason it photographed slightly lighter than it actually is...maybe because I took after dark and had all the overhead lights on and there are bunches of them!

Name:  floorinstalled1.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  172.6 KB

Name:  floorinstalled2.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  192.4 KB
    Last edited by KathyInAR; February 14th, 2018 at 01:18 PM.

Likes sundealer, Jeannie liked this post

Piney-Woods Rooter Fishing the Sea Champion, Starcastle Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Cell-Out Champion, Railway Line Champion, Why did the chicken cross the road? Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, USA - Geography game Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, YetiSports 8 - Jungle Swing Champion, YetiSports Swing N Slide Champion, Yeti Sports 5 - Pro Edition Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, Eggz Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Yeti 9 - Final Spit Champion, Yeti Pentathlon Champion, Bounce Hard Champion, Harbor Fishing Champion, CiTv Alfred Alien Rush Hour Champion, Pineapple! Champion, DownHill Jumps Champion, DragonFable - FireSpawn Champion, Rat Trap Champion, Scrat Jump Champion, The Furr Twins Champion, Power Ball Challenge Champion, Rocketcat Champion, Rumble Ball: Field num.2 Champion, Time To Score 2006 Champion, Tuny In The Sky Champion, Boulanger Champion, Ambulance Rush v2 Champion, Flappy Champion, Rainman Champion, SkeeBall Champion, Watch Out Champion, EggRun 2 on grass Champion, Super Sonic Click Champion, Coal Express 3 Champion, Flying High Champion, Kitty Throw Champion, Angry Birds Champion, Magic Doors Champion, Fruit Machine Bonus Trail Champion, Zwingo Champion, Grannie Fu Champion, 9-Ball Champion, Turkey Bowling 2005 Champion, Play Ball Champion, Crazy Pool Champion, Uberpool Champion, Pinheadz Champion, Mini Pool 3 Champion, Halloween Bowling Champion, Pool MX Klassik Champion, Hairball Bowling Champion, Island Bowling Champion, Crumbs 2 Champion, Robin Hood Mission Champion, Amigo Pancho 2 Champion, Avalanche Run Champion, Mega Jump - Ice Version Champion, Xmas Boarding Champion, Snowball Of Doom Champion, Santa Strike Champion, Super Santa Champion, Rudolphs Revenge Champion, Ultimate Presents Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Accordion Hero Champion, Don't Click Santa v2 Champion, Turkey Hunter Champion, Santa Sling Champion, Happy Christmas Champion, Snowball roll Champion, Fridge Raiders Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Banana Monkey Champion, Mosquito Mayhem Champion, Cute Rabbit Vs Monsters Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Pinboliada Champion, Pest Attack Champion, Down Hill Jumps Champion, UNO 3 Champion, Home Run Derby Points Champion, Bugs Bunnys Home Run Derby Champion, Tribal Olympics Champion, Castle Defender Champion, Daffy Jumper V32 Champion, Serfs Up! Champion, Panda Baseball Champion, Cone Crazy 2 Champion, Dangerous Voyage Champion, Tribal Olympics 2 Champion, Homerun Rally Champion, Heroine Hoops Champion, GolfJam Champion, Everyones Hero Champion, Mega Jump Champion, Kick The Ref! Champion, Maze Game - Golf Champion, Jab we throw Champion, Tribal Jump Champion, Crary Canyon Golf Champion, Brown Cow Curling Champion, Diving Champion Champion, West Gunfighter Master Champion, Golfman Xtreme - Insane Mode Champion, Table Hockey Ultra Champion, KickTheRef! Champion, Office Hoops Champion, Leaf Bording Champion, Bugs Bunny Gone Fishing Champion, Bass Fishing Pro Champion, Fish Me Champion, Power Driver Champion, Mile High Club Golf Champion, Sand Boarding Champion, Pro Zombie Golf Champion, Ill Be Lightning Champion, Journey To The Chaos Monkey King Champion, Jungle Mafia Champion, Bomby Bomy Champion, 1 of 24 Champion, CCC Pirates Champion, Fishing Tactics Champion, Master Gear Champion, Impale 2 Champion, Jump In The Dark Champion, TNT Robots Champion, Chucka Boom Champion, Ononmin 2 Min. Champion, Cheestrings Electric Dreams Champion, Electro String Champion, Word Search 39 Grow Champion, Ben10 Power Ride Champion, The Flood Inception Part One Champion, Cubium Level Pack Champion, Prism Dice Champion, Kamikaze Blocks Champion, Ice Age - Regular Show Champion, Need To Feed Champion, Super Mario Pop The Enemys Champion, OverWhelmed Hard Champion, Color Spell Game Champion, Slideon Champion, Rascal Build Skyscraper Champion, Word Builder Champion, Overprotection Champion, Yeti Long Ass Shot 2 Champion, Redneck Games - Possum Chucker Champion, Shoot the Robbers Champion, Hamstix Champion, Skate Grind Champion, Heights Champion, Destructo Shark Champion, Super Wordplay Champion, The Most Wanted Bandito Champion, Pizzaboy   Champion, The Gritch Champion, Rolling Fall 3 Champion, Pyramid Rescue Champion, Regular Show Escape From Ninja Dojo Champion, Hungry Worms 2 Champion, Navy Vs Army : Army Champion, Monster Roaster Champion, King Of Hearts Champion, Xenocrate Champion, King Of Spades Champion, Navy Vs Army : Navy Champion, Woman On Top Champion, Spank the Monkey Champion, Stone Punk Champion, BMX Backflips Champion, kugelwahn Champion, Honey Flows Champion, Food Crush Champion, Mouse Force Adventures Champion, Trivia Machine Champion, Shatter Cannon Champion, The Mote Pisa Total Buys Champion, Party Animal Champion, Throw It Champion, Natural Selection 2 Champion, GemClix Blast Champion, Artic Show Down Champion, Roberto Cook Master Champion, Rat Fishing Champion, Cracking Monkey Champion, Dude Bear 2 Level Pack Champion, Spider Web Champion, Mahjong Tai Owolove Champion, Proximity Alert Champion, Smell My Fart Champion, Goldminer 2015 Champion, Mower Move Champion, Nuclear Gun: Survival Champion, Snot Put Champion, 45 Degrees Of Madness Champion, Spades Champion, Smart Birds Champion, Pinky In Park Champion, Mango Melon Mayhem Champion, Fast Dragon Champion, Ratiminator Champion, Spark Your Neurons Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it looks very nice

Piney-Woods Rooter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That looks really nice!! I'm happy for you.

Founder Zookeeper Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Zodiac Master Champion, Staries reflection 2 Champion, Gem Swap Deluxe Champion, Bling Bling Blaster Champion, Farm Hustle Champion, Ancient jewels 2 Champion, Candystand Mah-Jongg Champion, Ancient Shapes Champion, War of Thrones Champion, Pro Football History and Stats Champion, College Football History, Stats, and Trivia Champion, Baseball Stats and Trivia Champion, Animal Trivia Champion, What Do You Know? Champion, Match O Rama Pigs Champion, Pretty Penguins Champion, Jocker Champion, Candy Crush Champion, Midas Mahjong Champion, Mahjong War Champion, Mahjong Devil Island Champion, Cactus McCoy Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! It came out fantastic!
    I hope it will be all you wanted it to be.
    Kitty will figuare it out.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light but there was brimstone in his throat
    He'd show me the way according to him in return for my personal check
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and I lit another cigarette

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast