Cracker Bytch Fling a Thing Champion, Deep Freeze Champion, J B Snowman Punch Champion, Operatin Maboule Champion
    Blog Entries

Default The Brown Dog, Palm Coast

We almost didn't stop here. It looked like a typical neighborhood dive bar. However, the glowing reviews made us open the door. We're glad we went in. Nothing fancy here. A bar, stools and booths. But the joint was clean and inviting.

Service was fast, jovial, and professional. I'm not one for craft beers. The waitress brought three little samples over to try. Excellent move on her part. My wild redhead ordered a Sin City Cider on tap and I a Kona Longboard. Both served in proper pint scoop glasses and ice cold.

The burgers are what everyone raves about and it's with good reason.
    Name:  20180301_174140.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  200.0 KBName:  20180301_174146.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  171.1 KB
    We ordered a Breakfast Burger, Brisket Burger, fries and onion rings. Our orders arrived in under 10 minutes. The aroma of fresh cooked burgers is intoxicating.

Both burgers were ordered medium and cooked exactly as expected. Large, fresh buns, with lettuce, tomato, and pickles as accoutrements.

The Breakfast burger added a fresh cooked egg and bacon, while the Brisket burger added slabs of tender brisket. Both were delightful. For the first time ever I didn't need any ketchup, mayo, mustard, or other taste changing condiments. Bravo!

The fries were large-cut with a light seasoning and very tasty. The star was the onion rings with a light, flaky, and super-crispy batter. One of the best onion rings I've had. I really didn't want to share any with my other half, but she threatened to jam fork in my eye. The rings are served with Dog Sauce, a wonderful spicy mayo sauce.

Sitting in a run-of-the-mill strip mall, The Brown Dog is a gem to behold. One of the best burgers I've had in a long, long time. You won't be disappointed.
    Likes sundealer, R2D2 liked this post
    Thanks Jeannie thanked for this post

Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Brown Dog, Palm Coast

Yum, Yum!!! Your description had my mouth watering...

I was eating my dinner while pursuing the Internet, a Healthy Choice Cafe Steamer

Name:  grilled-chicken-marinara-with-61130.JPEG
Views: 44
Size:  53.5 KB

All of a sudden it tasted like cardboard!
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Those steamers taste pretty good to me - I don't cook anymore.

Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WVaKay View Post
    Those steamers taste pretty good to me - I don't cook anymore.
    Me too! Except when I read Stumpy's review of the burgers, onion rings and fries...LOL

I think the Healthy Choice steamers are good as is their regular frozen meals as well. Also, if you check carefully many of the Marie Callender's frozen meals can be just a healthy and calorie conscience as the Healthy Choice meals and are even better.
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea

We had a Marie Callender Lasagne the other day that was really good - probably not good for the arteries, but we are both over the hill anyway.

Founder Zookeeper Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Zodiac Master Champion, Staries reflection 2 Champion, Gem Swap Deluxe Champion, Bling Bling Blaster Champion, Farm Hustle Champion, Ancient jewels 2 Champion, Candystand Mah-Jongg Champion, Ancient Shapes Champion, War of Thrones Champion, Pro Football History and Stats Champion, College Football History, Stats, and Trivia Champion, Baseball Stats and Trivia Champion, Animal Trivia Champion, What Do You Know? Champion, Match O Rama Pigs Champion, Pretty Penguins Champion, Jocker Champion, Candy Crush Champion, Midas Mahjong Champion, Mahjong War Champion, Mahjong Devil Island Champion, Cactus McCoy Champion
    Blog Entries

Have heard good things about the Brown Dog before.
    Glad you enjoyed it!
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light but there was brimstone in his throat
    He'd show me the way according to him in return for my personal check
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and I lit another cigarette

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sundealer View Post
    Have heard good things about the Brown Dog before.
    Glad you enjoyed it!
    Didn't his review just make your mouth water for a bite?

Founder Zookeeper Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Zodiac Master Champion, Staries reflection 2 Champion, Gem Swap Deluxe Champion, Bling Bling Blaster Champion, Farm Hustle Champion, Ancient jewels 2 Champion, Candystand Mah-Jongg Champion, Ancient Shapes Champion, War of Thrones Champion, Pro Football History and Stats Champion, College Football History, Stats, and Trivia Champion, Baseball Stats and Trivia Champion, Animal Trivia Champion, What Do You Know? Champion, Match O Rama Pigs Champion, Pretty Penguins Champion, Jocker Champion, Candy Crush Champion, Midas Mahjong Champion, Mahjong War Champion, Mahjong Devil Island Champion, Cactus McCoy Champion
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KathyInAR View Post
    Didn't his review just make your mouth water for a bite?
    Yes it did.
    They also do painting parties.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light but there was brimstone in his throat
    He'd show me the way according to him in return for my personal check
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and I lit another cigarette

Cracker Droid Baccarat Champion

Quote Originally Posted by KathyInAR View Post
    Yum, Yum!!! Your description had my mouth watering...

I was eating my dinner while pursuing the Internet, a Healthy Choice Cafe Steamer

Name:  grilled-chicken-marinara-with-61130.JPEG
Views: 44
Size:  53.5 KB

All of a sudden it tasted like cardboard!
    You are supposed to take it out of the box

Seriously, my ex-wife (1st one) is the reason while they added that instruction to the box of Swanson TV dinners

1. Remove from tray from box.
    R2D2
    Beep-op-whir-boop-weeee
    I'm a black and white type of guy, the only gray in my life is the hair on my head!

Cracker Droid Baccarat Champion

Quote Originally Posted by sundealer View Post
    Yes it did.
    They also do painting parties.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
    R2D2
    Beep-op-whir-boop-weeee
    I'm a black and white type of guy, the only gray in my life is the hair on my head!