Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default FYI If You are a Veteran...

...and interested, USAA membership is now open for all honorably discharged veterans.

www.USAA.com

https://www.legion.org/magazine/2362...ty-has-evolved
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Flats
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: FYI If You are a Veteran...

Been a member for over 40 years, really gone down hill. They force me to buy house insurance from another company when I moved, they only allowed members to own one property at a time in Florida. Car insurance rates have sky rocketed, now looking for alternatives. They do their own credit scores and they have me lower than "all" three of other credit agencies. Ask why and they told me I now have fewer USAA products, I reminded them they forced me to get home insurance else where. I used to call an get a human on the second rings and they knew who I was. Now I get a phone tree that is worthless and must have been created as a class project by third graders.

Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: FYI If You are a Veteran...

I called them just yesterday to tell them about my new flooring and the covering I had added to my pergola and got a person right away when I said, "homeowners insurance" and "representative"...this was once I entered my pin and they knew my name right away.

Is the one-house rule because they don't insure what they think/consider may be property held for rentals or business? Of course, I am not in Florida; but, when I bought my house in Arkansas in preparation for retirement I still owned and lived in my house in Louisiana...I owned both for a period of about 6 months and they insured both...I do recall them asking if anyone would be living in the Arkansas house or if I was buying it as an investment property. I told them no, it was where I would be making my future home sometime within approximately the next 6 months or so, and that once I made the move the Louisiana house would go up for sale, with no one living in it.

The only time we ever had to make any changes, since 1969, was when my son started driving at age 16, and they do not recognize a "part time" driver. We were already on orders for Alaska and had down-sized our fleet to one vehicle as that is all the Army will ship when he got his license and at the time (I have no idea about now) they based the premiums for the "highest rated" driver in the household. So, we went with Allstate who would rate him as an occasional part-time driver of the vehicle. Once we got to Alaska, we bought a pickup for our use and he took over the rice-rocket as he called it (a Subaru 4-wheel drive little wagon) which we thought was a good vehicle for a young boy in Alaska and we keep the Allstate auto insurance until he joined the Army a couple of years later and we signed the vehicle over to him and he got insurance in his own name. I bank with USAA and never paid a penny to do so, both checking and savings; had my Roth IRA with them until I closed it out when I bought my house in Arkansas; had mutual fund accounts and used their financial advisers many times over the years; had a brokerage account which I have since closed out as I no longer buy and sell stocks. And of course, either have always had either renter or homeowner's depending...they have certainly gotten bigger over the years and like everyone else employ the "automation" systems that are a plague on society. One really great feature I have used, is that if you go online and go through the "contact us" thingie, you can ask them to call you, and I've gotten the call back in just seconds...that eliminates the phone/automation tree that is so frustrating.

And I love the check that I get at the end of every year that are a result of the subscribers savings account that is over and above what goes into the SSA; it reduces the cost of my insurance...sometimes it is equal to about half of a 6-mo auto insurance premium.

Oh, and I just read an article the other day about how some companies, with those damned phone trees where it seems you are dancing around all over the place and can't get a real person, now have systems that can recognize when people are getting angry by the voices and routes the call to a real person more quickly...so, the next time I run into one of those, I'm going to try that...start yelling and calling "it" stupid...LOL LOL
    Last edited by KathyInAR; May 10th, 2018 at 07:43 AM.
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.