Scrub Chicken
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Foundation planting

I bought a house last year. We have a garage attached to the house. There are few green balls planted in front of the yard. Even though it looks weird, I didn't rip out all those green balls. I was busy with creating a landscape in the backyard of my house. Now the green balls are almost grown and blocking the way to the garage, thereby blocking the entrance to the front door of my house. So finally, I took down the green balls with the help of landscaping equipments which I bought from Mississauga before shifting to this house. I just want to design a foundation planting here. We will have stairs built straight down from the front door, with a paver path curving around to the driveway and then design a nice foundation planting. I love the idea of having foundation plants at home. The idea was suggested by my friend. She told me that it can enhance the look and feel of the house. What are the plants that are suitable for foundation planting? Is narrow strip or straight row of plants suitable for foundation planting?

Piney-Woods Rooter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Foundation planting

I'm thinking that a house in Toronto given the colder climate might require plants that are different from here in FL.
    Elect a Clown You Get a Circus

Stikini Slayer Penguin Pass Champion, Block n Roll Champion, Attack Of The Fan Girls Champion, Falafel King Champion, Donkey Tail Champion, Little Protectors Champion, When Penguins Attack TD Champion, Grid Iron Champion, Z-Wars Champion, Tribal Jungle Fruit Quest Champion, Open Source Rock Paper Scissors Champion, Nature Race Champion, DirtyColor Champion, American 8-Ball Pool Champion, Gumball Line-up Champion, Digi-Digi Champion, SevenYo! Champion, Firebug 2 Champion, hit the target Champion, Guns Defense Champion, Robot In The Hole Champion, Chicken Licken Champion, Gemollection Players Pack Champion, Fred's Pick Up Tour 3 Champion, Korrode Champion, Zaptonia Defense Champion, The Eggs Mystery Champion, Underwater TD Champion, Easter Defence Champion, CrissCross Champion, Rooftop Sniper Champion, Dragon Ambush 2 Champion, Zombie Smash Tower Defense Champion, US Border TD Champion, Underworld TD Champion, Zombie Trailer Park Champion, Potion Panic 2 Champion, WDYK? 3 Urban Lingo Champion, Bloons Tower Defense 4 Champion, Medicine Dealer Champion, The Blocks Revenge Champion, Animal Catcher Champion, Zombie Disposal Champion, Omg Scary Smiley Champion, The Flame Champion, TumbleDots Champion, Politricks Champion, Pirates Champion, City Digger Champion, redwhite slice Champion, Grammachnophobia Champion, Tabla Champion, Pixelshocks' Tower Defence II Champion, DropSum Champion, Blackbeard's Island Deluxe Champion, Short History of the World Champion, Anatomicus Anatomy Game Champion, Socium Champion, Magic Defense Champion, Bowmaster Champion, Kingdom Of Saguenay TD Champion, Ninjas vs Pirates TD 3 Champion, WasteLand Defender v2 Champion, Red Red Champion, Lucky Coins Champion, Handless Millionaire 2 Champion, TOTWO DARK Champion, Take a Walk Champion, Beat Chaser 2 Champion, 1 Will Survive Champion, Lines Game - Master Champion, Mickey Ball Champion, Windowcleaner Eyetoygame Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Foundation plants originate from the need to hide the often missightly space created with houses built on piers . In a modern home landscape near the walls of your home should be left plenty of space , Avoiding a humid microclimate idea for fungus and insect bridges to structures. minimal restriction of air flow and high drainage should be the goal 24 inches away from foundation walls . plants of any significant size potential should not be planted within 48 inches . many compromises are made by builders and homeowners who copy the cheaper high impact practice of planting large hedge juvenile material that fits the scale on installation. yet is a battle to maintain for the next 40 years. I like to avoid all but the most minimal foliage against structures saving it for creating a screen and buffer from the adjacent properties. to be designed with the view from inside the home and not so much the street.
    there is no proof whatsoever that the first word of it is truthful. Not one "fact" is has been corroborated
    Likes Jeannie liked this post

Founder Mahjongg 3D Tile Set 1 Champion, Gorillaz Tiles Champion, Nile Tiles Champion, Snow Day Champion, Food Mahjong Champion, Calculation Solitaire Champion, Calculation Solitaire Easy Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Root, good advice for me. My next project is to remove all the bushes growing on top of my house. Start on it this week. Just finished all my painting. Now back to yard work.