Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Was it a Result of using Type-over Mode?

How in the world does something like this happen unless it is a result of someone using type-over mode to change up information?

E.g., Using the headline,"Paul Manafort had bail revoked and is in jail until his trial begins"; someone has a responsibility to enter a new headline such as, "Another Name pleads guilty to 5 manslaughter charges" ... using type-over and doesn't change the name.

While this is a pretty heinous error on the part of a news agency, who hasn't used type-over and failed to make an edit that should have been made? I know I have, that is why in proofreading training we are trained to read forward and backwards, as when reading forward we often see what it is intended, but backwards we can more easily pick up words that don't belong, are mispelled, etc. Now, if I'd only remember to proofread before I send my postings rather than seeing my errors upon them being posted, I'd have a whole lot less edited posts.

Something as serious and potentially viewed by literally millions of people, maybe aught to be started from scratch each time. Of course, this is a guess on my part how something as stupid as this could happen...some mistakes aren't serious and there is very little or no fallout from them, others not so much.

https://www.aol.com/article/entertai...phic/23464914/
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Likes Jeannie liked this post

Founder Mahjongg 3D Tile Set 1 Champion, Gorillaz Tiles Champion, Nile Tiles Champion, Snow Day Champion, Food Mahjong Champion, Calculation Solitaire Champion, Calculation Solitaire Easy Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Was it a Result of using Type-over Mode?

That is a huge mistake. I had never even heard of type over mode. I learn so much on here.