Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: You Can Fool...

Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: You Can Fool...

I have known the term “Ralph” to refer to vomiting after drinking to much my entire adult life...it apparently came into use during the 1960’s. See #10 at the link.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/93785...words-vomiting

I don’t remember when I first heard of a sexual treesome being referred to as “devil triangle” but I was a young woman at the time.

Did you google Boof”?
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sundealer View Post
    I got married in 81. After the ceremony in judges chambers, the 4 of us went home and played the game!
    People forget the drinking age back then was 19.
    As to the add that's why Wikipedia isn't a viable source.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
    Did y’all refer to it as “quarters, beer pong, devil triangle” or some other name?

Someone in the House sure thought it was important enough to add the “Devil triangle” as a drinking game...why do you suppose that was the case if it was already commonly known as one?
    Last edited by KathyInAR; September 28th, 2018 at 12:43 PM.
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea

Founder Zookeeper Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Zodiac Master Champion, Staries reflection 2 Champion, Gem Swap Deluxe Champion, Bling Bling Blaster Champion, Farm Hustle Champion, Ancient jewels 2 Champion, Candystand Mah-Jongg Champion, Ancient Shapes Champion, War of Thrones Champion, Pro Football History and Stats Champion, College Football History, Stats, and Trivia Champion, Baseball Stats and Trivia Champion, Animal Trivia Champion, What Do You Know? Champion, Match O Rama Pigs Champion, Pretty Penguins Champion, Jocker Champion, Candy Crush Champion, Midas Mahjong Champion, Mahjong War Champion, Mahjong Devil Island Champion, Cactus McCoy Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KathyInAR View Post
    Did y’all refer to it as “quarter, beer pong, devil triangle” or some other name?
    Beer pong didn't exist.
    Since it OK it was quarters.
    When we came back in 84 it was DT.

I found a preacher who spoke of the light but there was brimstone in his throat
    He'd show me the way according to him in return for my personal check
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and I lit another cigarette

Founder Zookeeper Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Zodiac Master Champion, Staries reflection 2 Champion, Gem Swap Deluxe Champion, Bling Bling Blaster Champion, Farm Hustle Champion, Ancient jewels 2 Champion, Candystand Mah-Jongg Champion, Ancient Shapes Champion, War of Thrones Champion, Pro Football History and Stats Champion, College Football History, Stats, and Trivia Champion, Baseball Stats and Trivia Champion, Animal Trivia Champion, What Do You Know? Champion, Match O Rama Pigs Champion, Pretty Penguins Champion, Jocker Champion, Candy Crush Champion, Midas Mahjong Champion, Mahjong War Champion, Mahjong Devil Island Champion, Cactus McCoy Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

boof noun
    \ ˈbu̇f , ˈbüf \
    plural -s
    Definition of Boof
    : the sound made by a dog : BARK

Likes Jeffrey liked this post

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

boof noun
    \ ˈbu̇f , ˈbüf \
    plural -s
    Definition of Boof
    : the sound made by a dog : BARK

Check the slang!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beer pong didn't exist.
    Since it OK it was quarters.
    When we came back in 84 it was DT.

https://www.nj.com/politics/index.ss...king_game.html

and don’t miss the rules shown here for playing “devil triangle”...

https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100211197523
    Last edited by KathyInAR; September 28th, 2018 at 12:52 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Told ya! Even I was able to pick out these issues while watching the hearings.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.880c342335e3

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Told ya! Even I was able to pick out these issues while watching the hearings.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.880c342335e3
    "False in one thing, false in everything,” Blumenthal replied.

Says the man who lied about being in Vietnam!!

Likes Jeffrey liked this post

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"False in one thing, false in everything,” Blumenthal replied.

Says the man who lied about being in Vietnam!!

It should carry plenty of weight coming from someone with first-hand experience, ‘eh?

But seriously, what does that have to do with the question of whether or not Kavanaugh has the character and integrity for a lifetime appointment to the SCOTUS?
    Last edited by KathyInAR; September 28th, 2018 at 02:58 PM.

Piney-Woods Rooter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see why folks are surprised by this clusterf***k. These cowardly bastards did not have the balls to question Ford as they were afraid that they would alienate voters. They are afraid of losing their phony baloney jobs. Lindsay's BS was to appease Trump so that Trump would back him in his next election as he is in a world of shit.
    Now there is a Trump supporter, a woman, telling her daughters that a guy groping them is no big deal! HTF did we get here?? Now, you go out and elect a self admitted sexual predator to be president. People are surprised that he selects a candidate that may be just like him. Ya gotta be kidding. Don't you folks have daughters or grand daughters? How do you face them after this 'cause you elected them.
    I would only hope that this is enough to get people out to vote and elect people that bring dignity and honor to politics.
    Elect a Clown You Get a Circus

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, I actually think as an adult Kavanaugh very well has been and is living a moral and decent life. I don’t like a lot of his politics; but, with a GOP/conservative administration we can expect that Supreme Court nominees are going to be of that flavor...and vice versa. However, I think what is being revealed is he is dishonest...and that is unacceptable for a nominee who is on the right, left or straight down the middle. Thankfully Dr Ford’s assault did not result in the final act of rape or worse. Obviously it was enough to leave her with lasting trauma and has causes emotional pain to this day. There probably will never be absolute proof that it was Kavanaugh who committed it; however, she is without a doubt certain of it and she did “go out” with a friend of his, who is mentioned many times on his calendar, for a while. It is obvious that she knew who both Kavanaugh and Judge were.

IMO, Kavanaugh would have been miles ahead to have just owned up to having been a privileged kid with too much freedom, not enough supervision, who enjoyed too much underaged alcohol use and partying who as he matured realized that wasn’t the way to live and turned his life around and became a leading member of society— and not try to paint himself as a perfect little choirboy on his way to sainthood. He lacks the character and integrity to accept responsibility for his past actions and/or to be honest about it.
    Last edited by KathyInAR; September 28th, 2018 at 05:27 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcar View Post
    I don't see why folks are surprised by this clusterf***k. These cowardly bastards did not have the balls to question Ford as they were afraid that they would alienate voters. They are afraid of losing their phony baloney jobs. Lindsay's BS was to appease Trump so that Trump would back him in his next election as he is in a world of shit.
    Now there is a Trump supporter, a woman, telling her daughters that a guy groping them is no big deal! HTF did we get here?? Now, you go out and elect a self admitted sexual predator to be president. People are surprised that he selects a candidate that may be just like him. Ya gotta be kidding. Don't you folks have daughters or grand daughters? How do you face them after this 'cause you elected them.
    I would only hope that this is enough to get people out to vote and elect people that bring dignity and honor to politics.
    Yeah, there was that group of Republican women who in trying to defend one of their own said “all boys do it,” okay, men, how many of you as teenagers sexually assault the girls you hung out or around with?

I just don’t get this trying to defend any kind of indefensible behavior because it is one of your own...I get much more angry at one of my own than one of theirs, as I expect and demand better of mine.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this point in time I hope the FBI drags Ford over the coals.
    Talk about liars.
    She should be made to retrace her steps of that day. I mean if I was a teen going to a pool party at least one close friend would be going with me.
    Isn't strange she named other people that were supposedly there yet none of them lived at the house!
    When did this happen? Was it morning, afternoon, night? She can't even remember that.
    When she fled, where did she go? How did she get there? Again she doesn't remember.
    She said she heard laughter. But also said everyone was downstairs where they couldn't hear anything.
    There are too too many questions.
    Likes Jeffrey, ROOT liked this post

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, there was that group of Republican women who in trying to defend one of their own said “all boys do it,” okay, men, how many of you as teenagers sexually assault the girls you hung out or around with?
    There wasn't a day that went by that some guy wasn't trying to cop a feel! Either under the bleachers or someone's car.
    I just don’t get this trying to defend any kind of indefensible behavior because it is one of your own...I get much more angry at one of my own than one of theirs, as I expect and demand better of mine.
    It was just as bad in the night clubs. Remember drinking age was 18. So we were able to drinking and clubbing on the weekends. Oh yes and drink on week days during the summer!!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this point in time I hope the FBI drags Ford over the coals.
    Talk about liars.
    She should be made to retrace her steps of that day. I mean if I was a teen going to a pool party at least one close friend would be going with me.
    Isn't strange she named other people that were supposedly there yet none of them lived at the house!
    When did this happen? Was it morning, afternoon, night? She can't even remember that.
    When she fled, where did she go? How did she get there? Again she doesn't remember.
    She said she heard laughter. But also said everyone was downstairs where they couldn't hear anything.
    There are too too many questions.
    And this is exactly why children and irresponsible teens have no business being allowed to run wild, unsupervised and using alcohol on a seemingly regular basic. Kavanaugh spoke many times about all the beer drinking going on and he was still just 17 during the summer of 1982...and I doubt it just started in June 1982. How in the hell could that much underage drinking be going on without his parents’ knowledge?

Until the the day my son left for the Army on Labor Day, 1984, he knew that when he got home I would be awake and there would be eyeball-to-eyeball contact and conversation...there is no way he could be out involved in underage drinking without my knowledge.

Piney-Woods Rooter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elect a Clown You Get a Circus

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was just as bad in the night clubs. Remember drinking age was 18. So we were able to drinking and clubbing on the weekends. Oh yes and drink on week days during the summer!!
    Yeah, I remember the period of time that the drinking age was 18, and how quickly, by government standards, it returned to 21 when it proved to have been a bad experiment.

What Dr Ford describes is far beyond some kids making out and the boy trying to cop a feel and stopping if told too..
    Last edited by KathyInAR; September 28th, 2018 at 05:55 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcar View Post
    Of course, that was painfully clear!!! They have given up and surrendered their right to be an equal branch of government...where are all those who are so concerned about the Constitution being followed and not demanding that this frigging Senate and House do their duty and be that equal branch of our government as outlined in the Constitution.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And this is exactly why children and irresponsible teens have no business being allowed to run wild, unsupervised and using alcohol on a seemingly regular basic. Kavanaugh spoke many times about all the beer drinking going on and he was still just 17 during the summer of 1982...and I doubt it just started in June 1982. How in the hell could that much underage drinking be going on without his parents’ knowledge?

Until the the day my son left for the Army on Labor Day, 1984, he knew that when he got home I would be awake and there would be eyeball-to-eyeball contact and conversation...there is no way he could be out involved in underage drinking without my knowledge.
    Oh please!!
    We had seniors buying our beer and leaving it in the snow bank by the bushes at school!! Many of us were quite buzzed by first period.
    Or we take it and skip school for the day. Yet I had perfect attendance for 3 years!
    There were so many ways to do it and still be home for dinner or curfew. Mine was 8pm during the week unless there was a school function ie basketball, swim meet.
    Actually, weekends were harder to drink because both parents were home.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh please!!
    We had seniors buying our beer and leaving it in the snow bank by the bushes at school!! Many of us were quite buzzed by first period.
    Or we take it and skip school for the day. Yet I had perfect attendance for 3 years!
    There were so many ways to do it and still be home for dinner or curfew. Mine was 8pm during the week unless there was a school function ie basketball, swim meet.
    Actually, weekends were harder to drink because both parents were home.
    My experience was very different than yours, of course it was also about 15 years earlier.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast