Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Last Caturday in October where did 2018 go

  1. #1

    Default Last Caturday in October where did 2018 go

    Likes slick liked this post

  2. #2

    Default Re: Last Caturday in October where did 2018 go



    Post amended automatically

    Re; the above photo boy is that familiar, today we love it, tomorrow yuck.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Last Caturday in October where did 2018 go


  4. #4

    Default Re: Last Caturday in October where did 2018 go



    Post amended automatically


  5. #5

    Default Re: Last Caturday in October where did 2018 go


  6. #6
    Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion
    KathyInAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    12,940

    Default Re: Last Caturday in October where did 2018 go

    Quote Originally Posted by bustersmom View Post
    uet

    Post amended automatically

    Re; the above photo boy is that familiar, today we love it, tomorrow yuck.
    /\ The photo didn’t ‘quote’ but this is the one where the kitty didn’t like the food being served.

    Now this one resonates with me...

    Just this week my daughter-in-law had two of her three kitties to the vet...one on them is almost 16 years old and for the last 15 months it has been a struggle to get her to eat. She has gradually lost from being 12 pounds to just under 8 pounds. She has been on thyroid meds for a year and occasionally an appetite stimulant. This week it was discovered that her kidney function is off and now she is on a med for that.

    The other kitty, Ernie was a stray that she had been feeding outside for nearly a year. On Christmas Eve, 4 years ago, the temperature was about 12 degrees and they left the garage door cracked open about a foot with a bed and portable heater in the corner hoping that he would come in. Mandy was never able to get close enough to him to grab him. A little later #1 grandboy went out in the garage and saw Ernie and quickly hit the button to close the garage door. Ernie was frightened and running all over the garage: but, grandboy was able to throw a towel over him and grab him. He discovered he had been declawed and neutered, so he had been someone’s pet at one time. He checked for fleas and there, thankfully, weren’t any so he took him inside and closed him in the laundry room. After Christmas Mandy took him to the vet to see if he had a microchip, he didn’t...she advertised but no one came forth to claim him. The vet said he was healthy, gave him shots, estimated that he was about 4 years old and he has happily been an inside and loved kitty ever since...but, in the past month he started drinking lots of water and peeing lots...so off to the vet, he has diabetes and now requires two insulin shots a day.

    So, I researched the best way to care for and feed him and in my research found that “canned wet food” is better for kitties that dry/kibble food. So, I thought I really should transition my Sweet Arabella to wet food. Mind you now, she has never had anything but Pro Plan chicken, first the kitten then the adult inside cat food. Okay, so I went to Pet Smart and purchased a dozen cans of Pro Plan chicken pate. I offered her some yesterday, she...

    1) Smelled it;
    2) Started pawing at the edge of the placemat that the dish sat on;
    3) Kept pawing until she got about half the dish covered and walked away; and
    4) she walked over to where I was and looked up at me and gave me a big loud MEOW!

    I will try again, but it doesn’t look promising.
    Last edited by KathyInAR; October 26th, 2018 at 09:20 PM.
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

    Likes Jeannie liked this post

  7. #7
    Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion
    KathyInAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    12,940

    Default Re: Last Caturday in October where did 2018 go

    Thanx bustersmom, as usual they are great.
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.


  8. #8

    Default Re: Last Caturday in October where did 2018 go

    Quote Originally Posted by KathyInAR View Post
    /\ The photo didn’t ‘quote’ but this is the one where the kitty didn’t like the food being served.

    Now this one resonates with me...

    Just this week my daughter-in-law had two of her three kitties to the vet...one on them is almost 16 years old and for the last 15 months it has been a struggle to get her to eat. She has gradually lost from being 12 pounds to just under 8 pounds. She has been on thyroid meds for a year and occasionally an appetite stimulant. This week it was discovered that her kidney function is off and now she is on a med for that.

    The other kitty, Ernie was a stray that she had been feeding outside for nearly a year. On Christmas Eve, 4 years ago, the temperature was about 12 degrees and they left the garage door cracked open about a foot with a bed and portable heater in the corner hoping that he would come in. Mandy was never able to get close enough to him to grab him. A little later #1 grandboy went out in the garage and saw Ernie and quickly hit the button to close the garage door. Ernie was frightened and running all over the garage: but, grandboy was able to throw a towel over him and grab him. He discovered he had been declawed and neutered, so he had been someone’s pet at one time. He checked for fleas and there, thankfully, weren’t any so he took him inside and closed him in the laundry room. After Christmas Mandy took him to the vet to see if he had a microchip, he didn’t...she advertised but no one came forth to claim him. The vet said he was healthy, gave him shots, estimated that he was about 4 years old and he has happily been an inside and loved kitty ever since...but, in the past month he started drinking lots of water and peeing lots...so off to the vet, he has diabetes and now requires two insulin shots a day.

    So, I researched the best way to care for and feed him and in my research found that “canned wet food” is better for kitties that dry/kibble food. So, I thought I really should transition my Sweet Arabella to wet food. Mind you now, she has never had anything but Pro Plan chicken, first the kitten then the adult inside cat food. Okay, so I went to Pet Smart and purchased a dozen cans of Pro Plan chicken pate. I offered her some yesterday, she...

    1) Smelled it;
    2) Started pawing at the edge of the placemat that the dish sat on;
    3) Kept pawing until she got about half the dish covered and walked away; and
    4) she walked over to where I was and looked up at me and gave me a big loud MEOW!

    I will try again, but it doesn’t look promising.
    Hands full in AR
    Likes KathyInAR, Jeannie liked this post

  9. #9
    Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion
    KathyInAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    12,940

    Default Re: Last Caturday in October where did 2018 go

    Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    Hands full in AR
    Yup! Hopefully we can reverse the diabetes by transiting Ernie from a kibble diet to a wet food—from food that is about 25-30% carbs to one that is about 5-10% carbs. It has to be done slowly though because with the insulin his blood sugar could crash ...we need to talk to the vet about it and see how to monitor him so that doesn’t happen.

    Actually, I should say reverse the need for insulin, instead of reverse the diabetes. In other words, control it with his diet rather than insulin as the vet said it is like the Type 2 diabetes in humans, the pancreas produces insulin but the body isn't using it as it should.
    Last edited by KathyInAR; October 26th, 2018 at 11:18 PM.
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.


  10. #10
    Founder Mahjongg 3D Tile Set 1 Champion, Gorillaz Tiles Champion, Nile Tiles Champion, Snow Day Champion, Food Mahjong Champion, Calculation Solitaire Champion, Calculation Solitaire Easy Champion
    Jeannie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Palm Coast
    Posts
    9,175
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Last Caturday in October where did 2018 go

    I feed my cats both dry food which is out all the time and canned food in the morning when I get up. They all share one can.
    Likes KathyInAR liked this post

  11. #11
    Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion
    KathyInAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    12,940

    Default Re: Last Caturday in October where did 2018 go

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    I feed my cats both dry food which is out all the time and canned food in the morning when I get up. They all share one can.
    I tried the wet food again today, Arabella still won’t touch it.
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.


Similar Threads

  1. Caturday 10/19/2018
    By bustersmom in forum Lovable Critters
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: October 20th, 2018, 01:43 PM
  2. Caturday October 6th
    By bustersmom in forum Lovable Critters
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: October 8th, 2018, 07:54 PM
  3. Caturday
    By bustersmom in forum Lovable Critters
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: October 4th, 2018, 02:07 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 17th, 2018, 04:36 PM
  5. Down with Caturday!
    By Stumpy McDugal in forum Lovable Critters
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: November 10th, 2016, 08:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •