Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSA Dont Eat the Romaine Lettuce

Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion

Default PSA Dont Eat the Romaine Lettuce

There is a widespread E-coli contamination.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...aine/23595152/
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Thumbs Up Jeannie liked this post

Founder Mahjongg 3D Tile Set 1 Champion, Gorillaz Tiles Champion, Nile Tiles Champion, Snow Day Champion, Food Mahjong Champion, Calculation Solitaire Champion, Calculation Solitaire Easy Champion
    Blog Entries

Default Re: PSA Dont Eat the Romaine Lettuce

My hubby freaked when he heard this today, he had just finished eating a salad.
    OMG Jeffrey OMG

IMHO, this is getting a little ridiculous! Someone somewhere has dropped the ball!! It is getting more dangerous to eat or drink anything anymore. Rules are getting lax, people not doing their jobs ,but, making you think they are! Reports have been filled out as 'OK' even though nobody actually visited the site. I think the FDA can take a lot of blame for the positions we've been in lately. How many people will die from eating their Thanksgiving dinner??, Christmas dinner, New Years? I didn't see a 'BRAND' placed on this warning this time around. Just DON'T eat 'Romaine Lettuce'!
    No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn.

Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion

Apparently it is wide spread...and not limited or yet identified as being just a particular brand(s). Maybe it is a case where regulations might not ought to have been altered and/or eliminated.

https://www.ecowatch.com/trump-gutte...531641443.html

3. Trump and Food Safety

In March, Trump announced billions in dollars of cuts to USDA and FDA, undermining their ability to keep our food safe. In November, the Trump administration proposed a delay in enforcement of urgently needed rules aimed at keeping produce free from fecal contamination. Contaminated irrigation water is a major cause of foodborne illness outbreaks. In 2006, a major outbreak of E. coli O157:H7 linked to Dole baby spinach was eventually traced back to water contaminated with cattle and wild pig feces. Foodborne illness had become a full-blown epidemic, affecting 1 in 6 Americans.

In response to that and many other foodborne illness outbreaks connected to food such as peanuts, fruit and vegetables, Congress passed the landmark 2011 Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), which includes requirements that the Food and Drug Administration develop rules governing produce safety, including the water quality used to grow, harvest and pack produce. From 2012-2014, CFS previously challenged FDA's unlawful delay in drafting and completion of all of FSMA's six major rule-makings, including the produce rule, succeeding in having all the rules completed by court-ordered deadlines.

The rule allowed growers to phase in water quality and testing requirements between 2018 and 2022, depending in part on the size of the farm. However, now under the new proposed Trump administration delay, growers would not have to test water for E. coli contamination until between 2022 and 2024—11 to 13 years after FSMA's passage, endangering food safety.

Last edited by KathyInAR; November 21st, 2018 at 10:21 AM.
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea

BS Jeffrey say this post is an obvious Fragrant Fallacy filled with nonsense and exaggeration.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    My hubby freaked when he heard this today, he had just finished eating a salad.
    When I saw this information, I texted #2 grandboy and told him not to eat any Romaine (he is a big salad lover) and he said he had just eaten "a little" on a sandwich for lunch. I had a head of Romaine in my fridge that I had just purchased that morning that I threw out, it was still in the plastic bag so I didn't feel that I needed to scrub out the veggie bin.

OMG Jeffrey OMG

It is simply 'people not doing their jobs' anymore. Apparently inspectors are NOT going from 'farm to farm' to attempt to pinpoint the problem spots. It is easy to just throw all of one item into one cozy basket isn't it??
    No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn.

When budgets are cut, new people aren't hired to replace those who leave, retire or die out of the workforce. Travel is curtailed and so on and so forth. As for "throw(ing) all of one item into one cozy basket" ...is not that what one does when they say something like "it is simply people not doing their jobs anymore"? It takes a realization of the fact that it takes money and a mandate (laws/regulations/demand) to accomplish things in government, businesses or even life is necessary.

Thumbs Up slick liked this post
    BS Jeffrey say this post is an obvious Fragrant Fallacy filled with nonsense and exaggeration.

Quote Originally Posted by KathyInAR View Post
    When budgets are cut, new people aren't hired to replace those who leave, retire or die out of the workforce. Travel is curtailed and so on and so forth. As for "throw(ing) all of one item into one cozy basket" ...is not that what one does when they say something like "it is simply people not doing their jobs anymore"? It takes a realization of the fact that it takes money and a mandate (laws/regulations/demand) to accomplish things in government, businesses or even life is necessary.
    Stop playing apples and oranges. People NOT doing their jobs is just that, people NOT doing their jobs, and do belong in one basket. IF a person isn't doing their job, what are they doing?? Sure ain't doing their job, are they now?
    I meant Romaine Lettuce at each individual farm without knowledge if all are or aren't tainted with e-coli. It John has a farm with quality inspected clean Romaine Lettuce and Rick has a farm with toxic contaminated Romaine Lettuce, you don't throw them both into the same basket and order everyone not to eat their product. Someone must be inspecting something somewhere, right?

Lazyness is an easy way out isn't it?? Let's just ban all vegetables and be done with it. Who cares where the contamination spot is, we ain't got time to fool with that now do we? Who cares what goes to waste for no good reason if it is safe to eat huh. Are people getting sick all over the USA right now and not just in a few states or even just one? Is it just Florida and what brand of Romaine Lettuce did they eat?? Don't people know some of the answers or attempt to conduct some orderly investigations? NO! It's just ' Don't eat Romaine Lettuce period!! Making this problem political is just BS in it's self.

Not one employee has stepped up and said, 'this brand or that brand is safe'... So, I spose nobody is doing their jobs. Time to revamp the system and hire new ambitious blood to get the job done. Romaine is one of the most popular veggies around because of it's great taste. I'm off to have a big plate of Romaine Lettuce right now!!!!! I buy it from my buddy's farm and it's good stuff!! Is the FDA, CIA, FBI,BBC, FDLE, DNC, CDC,BLM, Internal Affairs and the rest of the clowns going to surround my home and 'tent' and quarantine it?? Don't think so.

Well, I suppose they could just say nothing and let people continue getting sick and possibly die while they conduct inspections of all the, literally thousands and thousands and more thousands, of the farms where Romaine is sourced from including those in Mexico and other points South besides the U. S. How many sick and dead people should there be before a general warning is sounded?

Oh, and I suppose buying your Romaine from your buddy story is just you funnin like the story you told about the reused condoms and your allergy to cats, eh?

Dont forget that to be forewarned is to be forarmed and that stupid is as stupid does.
    Last edited by KathyInAR; November 21st, 2018 at 12:23 PM.

LOL Fastcar Laughed at this post
    Gratitude slick Was Grateful for this post
    WTF Jeffrey Remains dazed and confused about this post

Maybe if we stop the importation of food and other edibles from other countries, we might just be ok. Maybe 'others' will get jobs producing the product here as they should. Heck, 'they' are sure on top of 'China and the lead problem' but neglect what is really important here at home. At least I hope we have stopped all importation of Romaine Lettuce.

Two questions would be> Where did you eat Romaine Lettuce and if at home, where did you buy it. Save the package as it couldn't get far anyway because symptoms and sickness is usually swift. What store did you buy it from? Etc. etc. THAT is how you get to the bottom of this.I spose it is someone who ships to the USA and Canada? Could be is or someone else. Could someone taint the lettuce to cause this? These questions must be asked of each and every patient. It's the rules of diagnosing a problem!
    Last edited by Jeffrey; November 21st, 2018 at 12:39 PM.

Yeah, and that head of Romaine that we are used to paying $1.29 for would then cost $4.99 if they could even find the people willing to do the work. Did you know that in 2011 when Alabama passed an anti-illegal immigration bill that those illegals who harvested farm crops fled the state for greener pastures and farmers could not find workers who would work for them and their tomatoes were left to rot on the vine and other crops died in the fields.

Thumbs Up Fastcar liked this post

Well, I suppose “they” could just say nothing and let people continue getting sick and possibly die while “they” conduct inspections of all the, literally thousands and thousands and more thousands, of the farms where Romaine is sourced from including those in Mexico and other points South besides the U. S. How many sick and dead people should there be before a general warning is sounded?

Oh, and I suppose buying your Romaine from your buddy story is just you “funnin’” like the story you told about the reused condoms and your allergy to cats, ‘eh?

Don’t forget that to be forewarned is to be forarmed and that stupid is as stupid does.

Jeffrey, I see where you didn’t understand something in the above quoted post...if you will tell me what it was I will try and explain it better.

LOL slick Laughed at this post

Yeah, and that head of Romaine that we are used to paying $1.29 for would then cost $4.99 if they could even find the people willing to do the work. Did you know that in 2011 when Alabama passed an anti-illegal immigration bill that those illegals who harvested farm crops fled the state for greener pastures and farmers could not find workers who would work for them and their tomatoes were left to rot on the vine and other crops died in the fields.
    OH BOY! I need to frame this one!!!

Ignorance becomes stupid when one chooses not to learn.

Here I will help: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0ed71826b55e0
    Last edited by KathyInAR; November 21st, 2018 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Maybe if we stop the importation of food and other edibles from other countries, we might just be ok. Maybe 'others' will get jobs producing the product here as they should. Heck, 'they' are sure on top of 'China and the lead problem' but neglect what is really important here at home. At least I hope we have stopped all importation of Romaine Lettuce.

Two questions would be> Where did you eat Romaine Lettuce and if at home, where did you buy it. Save the package as it couldn't get far anyway because symptoms and sickness is usually swift. What store did you buy it from? Etc. etc. THAT is how you get to the bottom of this.I spose it is someone who ships to the USA and Canada? Could be is or someone else. Could someone taint the lettuce to cause this? These questions must be asked of each and every patient. It's the rules of diagnosing a problem!
    the best way is more than likley, let the Experts handle it, your little to no help
    Gratitude KathyInAR Was Grateful for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    IMHO, this is getting a little ridiculous! Someone somewhere has dropped the ball!! It is getting more dangerous to eat or drink anything anymore. Rules are getting lax, people not doing their jobs ,but, making you think they are! Reports have been filled out as 'OK' even though nobody actually visited the site. I think the FDA can take a lot of blame for the positions we've been in lately. How many people will die from eating their Thanksgiving dinner??, Christmas dinner, New Years? I didn't see a 'BRAND' placed on this warning this time around. Just DON'T eat 'Romaine Lettuce'!
    This is what happens when you treat a presidential election as a joke. It has consequences. Do some research and see how many inspections are not being done. How much funding has been cut from the FDA. There is probably somebody so under-qualified running it.
    Remember you republicans don't want government in your life so rules will become lax and soon non existent. Stop bitchin' you folks won, go eat your lettuce!!
    The real National Emergency resides in the White House. Lock him up!!!
    LOL slick Laughed at this post
    Thumbs Up KathyInAR liked this post

​BUT, rake the forest's of the country--holy crap

Thinking about this for a minute. All I've heard is FAKE NEWS from the trumpettes!! Well if it is FAKE NEWS as some claim the media is then I have a suggestion for all of you. EAT YOUR LETTUCE !!!
    The real National Emergency resides in the White House. Lock him up!!!
    LOL KathyInAR, slick Laughed at this post

They finally determined that the bad Romaine lettuce was coming from the central coast growing regions in northern and central California.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...s-new-warning/

They finally determined that the bad Romaine lettuce was coming from the central coast growing regions in northern and central California.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...s-new-warning/
    THAT is the answer we should have got as soon as the warning was put out instead of attempting to destroy all good farmers' crops! What a waste of a lot of good salad that could have went to those who needed it most! It does no good to panic!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast