Post Port Orange Approves Shopping Cart Ordinance

Port Orange, FL –A new ordinance in Port Orange aims to help fix a “growing problem”: businesses having their shopping carts stolen and then abandoned. Yesterday’s (December 5th) Port Orange City Council meeting saw council members approve the first reading of that ordinance, one intendedto keep shopping carts from being removed from the businesses which […]

Read More at News Daytona Beach

Default Re: Port Orange Approves Shopping Cart Ordinance

OMG! So this is more important than real issues at hand that effect thousands of people in Port Orange, the home of the government pathetic loonies??? Was this a Liberal panel voting on that? The cart retrieval boys leave to go home about a half hour or so before the stores usually close.

"Port Orange City Manager Jake Johansson says if code enforcement sees any carts left out on business properties, the businesses will receive a call saying that they have 12 hours from the time they were called to retrieve them and corral them properly or else the city will take them."

Ummmmmm, then that would be theft Mr. Dumb arse! OH, you want to hold the innocent shopping carts hostage until a fine is paid right Mr. Crook?? Ignorant morons! And what a waste of tax payer dollars for that dumb decision. 11th to 12th hour?? IF a business closes at 10 PM and reopens at 6 - 8 AM, the carts will be collected anyway when employees return, at the 12th hour how are you going to know if it was an old left behind cart or one just brought out b a customer, ya going to chalk the wheels. Now you got Code Enforcement snapping photos and watching shopping carts eh? Bahahahahahahahaha!!!!
    Last edited by Jeffrey; December 5th, 2018 at 12:33 PM.
    No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn.

Founder Mahjongg 3D Tile Set 1 Champion, Gorillaz Tiles Champion, Nile Tiles Champion, Snow Day Champion, Food Mahjong Champion, Calculation Solitaire Champion, Calculation Solitaire Easy Champion
    Blog Entries

Here the homeless steal the carts and they are all over the place abandoned and filled with all kinds of crap. I hate seeing them.
    Likes Jeffrey liked this post

Founder Zookeeper Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Zodiac Master Champion, Staries reflection 2 Champion, Gem Swap Deluxe Champion, Bling Bling Blaster Champion, Farm Hustle Champion, Ancient jewels 2 Champion, Candystand Mah-Jongg Champion, Ancient Shapes Champion, War of Thrones Champion, Pro Football History and Stats Champion, College Football History, Stats, and Trivia Champion, Baseball Stats and Trivia Champion, Animal Trivia Champion, What Do You Know? Champion, Match O Rama Pigs Champion, Pretty Penguins Champion, Jocker Champion, Candy Crush Champion, Midas Mahjong Champion, Mahjong War Champion, Mahjong Devil Island Champion, Cactus McCoy Champion
    Blog Entries

this whole thing is laughable
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light but there was brimstone in his throat
    He'd show me the way according to him in return for my personal check
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and I lit another cigarette
    Thanks Jeffrey thanked for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    Here the homeless steal the carts and they are all over the place abandoned and filled with all kinds of crap. I hate seeing them.
    I agree but they are talking about carts left out in the parking lot over night. I say late night shoppers or someone returning the cart after hours after they strolled home with one.
    No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn.