Thread: Waze

Default Waze

Had to go to Boston for a week for a funeral. Drove up using I 95 than 17 over to I 81 in VA then into New England trying to outrun last weeks snow storm. Using the Waze AP, as well as the GPS in the car and a Valentine 1 radar detector. Waze was more informative and accurate than the GPS and way better than the radar detector that I've sworn by for years.
    Where it really shown was on the return trip home. In CT at 0500 Sunday morning we were met with a flashing road sign screaming Road Closed Use Detour. We were moved off on a exit and no detour signs. It's pitch black out and pouring rain. I figure we are screwed. But Waze starts talking giving directions in the middle of nowhere, soon, after a bunch of left and right turns we are back on I 95 and on our way. Stopped in McLean VA to see grand daughter for a couple of hours then headed south around DC. Traffic was bumper to bumper all the way around DC, this was Sunday at around 6PM and traffic was insane. Got back on I 95 and thought a couple of more hours and we will stop for the night. Nope, another flashing sign saying I 95 closed due to accident. Again Waze did it's thing and guided us around the problem and back on route. This happened a second time further south in VA, Waze again worked it's magic. This AP is probably the best ever. I know I'll never travel without it.
    The real National Emergency resides in the White House. Lock him up!!!
    Thumbs Up slick, KathyInAR, Jeannie liked this post

Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion

Default Re: Waze

Happy to see you’ve returned home safe and sound. Thanx for the review and information.
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Fuzzy Hugs Fastcar Gave a Big warm hug for this post

Founder Fling a Thing Champion, Deep Freeze Champion, J B Snowman Punch Champion, Operatin Maboule Champion

I use Waze daily. It will also work concurrently with Android Auto.
    Thumbs Up Fastcar liked this post

Founder Mahjongg 3D Tile Set 1 Champion, Gorillaz Tiles Champion, Nile Tiles Champion, Snow Day Champion, Food Mahjong Champion, Calculation Solitaire Champion, Calculation Solitaire Easy Champion
    Blog Entries

I have never heard of it but am now interested in trying it.

It is a free ap. I'm thinking you'll be impressed with it. Gives instruction in real time and is constantly up dating itself unlike the nav in most cars.
    The real National Emergency resides in the White House. Lock him up!!!