Thread: Engineer uses glitter and fart smell to punish package thieves

Founder Mahjongg 3D Tile Set 1 Champion, Gorillaz Tiles Champion, Nile Tiles Champion, Snow Day Champion, Food Mahjong Champion, Calculation Solitaire Champion, Calculation Solitaire Easy Champion
    Blog Entries

Default Engineer uses glitter and fart smell to punish package thieves

Dec. 18 (UPI) -- A former NASA engineer revealed he spent six months perfecting a booby-trapped bait package that he has been using to cover porch pirates in glitter.
    Mark Rober said that he was inspired to take matters into his own hands earlier this year when an Amazon package was stolen from his porch and police told him they didn't have time to investigate the theft.

"If you've ever been a situation like this, you just feel violated," Rober says in the video. "I just felt like something needs to be done to take a stand against dishonest punks like this."
    The video shows how Rober spent six months designing a bait package booby-trapped so that anyone who opens it will be covered in glitter and subjected to an artificial fart smell.
    Rober left the packages on some friends' porches to bait thieves, and the resulting instant karma was captured on video by phones hidden inside the boxes, which Rober said were quickly abandoned by the thieves once the traps were discovered.
    "So the moral of the story is: just don't take other people's stuff. Not only is not cool, but on the plus side, you'll never find yourself in this situation," Rober says.

Default Re: Engineer uses glitter and fart smell to punish package thieves

I saw this in the news yesterday!! It was great. This guy is indeed a genius and with what he has done in our space program!Thanks for sharing here.
    No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn.

Founder Mahjongg 3D Tile Set 1 Champion, Gorillaz Tiles Champion, Nile Tiles Champion, Snow Day Champion, Food Mahjong Champion, Calculation Solitaire Champion, Calculation Solitaire Easy Champion
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Engineer uses glitter and fart smell to punish package thieves

I wish we could do that here. Package stealing is rampant. They follow the delivery trucks and then steal them. Some people have put out dummy packages with cat litter and poop in them. I had two stolen and my daughter had several stolen too.