Thread: Inmate In Critical Condition After Medical Episode

Post Inmate In Critical Condition After Medical Episode

Bunnell, FL – An inmate at Flagler County Jail is now in critical condition after he had some sort of medical issue while in custody. Flagler Live is reporting that 23-year-old Anthony J. Fennick is now brain dead after complaining to jail staff for days about a high fever and other issues. The Flagler County […]

Read More at News Daytona Beach

Default Re: Inmate In Critical Condition After Medical Episode

Staly now has blood on his hands!!! Congratulations Rick!!!! Nothing will ever change about the way you treat others and the way you allow and train your employees on how to treat others will it buddy? I'm hearing so many contradicting stories at the department now... Which is it buddy?? You again have blood on your hands! Wear it well Rickster!!!!
    No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn.

Founder Mahjongg 3D Tile Set 1 Champion, Gorillaz Tiles Champion, Nile Tiles Champion, Snow Day Champion, Food Mahjong Champion, Calculation Solitaire Champion, Calculation Solitaire Easy Champion
    Blog Entries

Wonder what the inmate had that could progress so quickly? I hope it is not contagious.

I understand that the medical people at the jail are sub contracted and not deputies. Why?
    The real National Emergency resides in the White House. Lock him up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    Wonder what the inmate had that could progress so quickly? I hope it is not contagious.
    Whatever it was he was denied the help he deserved so that he may have a chance to live. Typical treatment at any jailhouse I spose. You are always the 'un-respected' no matter what it is you may be in for. They are always the tough guy and think they've heard it all before and ignore you as much as possible thinking it's all an act. Pretty sad 'lack of' treatment if you ask me. Poor kid fell off the wagon and took a sniff of coke through a straw and got the death penalty for it. I can guarantee you that somebody is going to pay. Already two nurses relieved of their duties. Shit rolls down hill...... or in this case, uphill as well...... Everybody deserves a chance at life if it's possible. The gift of caring isn't that hard to give. But some are just stone cold idiots!
    No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn.

and theres other idiots who have alll the answers.

Post Flagler Jail Inmate Dies Following Medical Episode

Bunnell, FL – The Flagler County Jail inmate transported to the hospital in critical condition after having a medical episode while in custody has died. A GoFundMe page to help Anthony Fennick’s family with funeral costs has been established following his passing on Saturday (February 9th). Fennick suffered a seizure after dealing with a high […]

Read More at News Daytona Beach

Default Re: Flagler Jail Inmate Dies Following Medical Episode

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    Whatever it was he was denied the help he deserved so that he may have a chance to live. Typical treatment at any jailhouse I spose. You are always the 'un-respected' no matter what it is you may be in for. They are always the tough guy and think they've heard it all before and ignore you as much as possible thinking it's all an act. Pretty sad 'lack of' treatment if you ask me. Poor kid fell off the wagon and took a sniff of coke through a straw and got the death penalty for it. I can guarantee you that somebody is going to pay. Already two nurses relieved of their duties. Shit rolls down hill...... or in this case, uphill as well...... Everybody deserves a chance at life if it's possible. The gift of caring isn't that hard to give. But some are just stone cold idiots!

Staly now has blood on his hands!!! Congratulations Rick!!!! Nothing will ever change about the way you treat others and the way you allow and train your employees on how to treat others will it buddy? I'm hearing so many contradicting stories at the department now... Which is it buddy?? You again have blood on your hands! Wear it well Rickster!!!!

I keep the idiot on my ignore list so I am not inclined to read it's bs.

Cracker Droid Baccarat Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Whatever it was he was denied the help
    Maybe you need to read the article again.

The deputies did contact the medical personnel, they are the ones that denied proper treatment not the deputies.

Your wrath towards Rick Staly is uncalled for.
    R2D2
    Beep-op-whir-boop-weeee
    I'm a black and white type of guy, the only gray in my life is the hair on my head!

This is why I keep idiots and puppies on my ignore list. It really cleans things up.

Quote Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
    Maybe you need to read the article again.

The deputies did contact the medical personnel, they are the ones that denied proper treatment not the deputies.

Your wrath towards Rick Staly is uncalled for.
    The sheriff's office hires the subcontracted medical personnel and is still responsible for anyone working withing their property!! Don't play stupid on this! I'm far from alone on this. How about you reading all articles related so you have the full story. I don't have to go posting on every thread related to this BS! This boy had serious complications and was given Ibuprofen??????? OMFG! Better yet, let's go find that part for you....BRB..... OK, it's not included in this article, I will go find that info. His condition was ignored until it was too late. Maybe you need to go check all of your available media sources. Are you insinuating that Staly IS NOT responsible for what goes on in 'his house or his precious 'Green Roof Inn' while he is away or not?? The games need to stop now!! Life is no joke!!!!!!!!! God I'm tired of stupid people! Staly is the end of the road for responsibility. I'm a very good judge of common sense and judge whether some have it or some don't and I'm seeing very few using it lately!!! Have a nice day droid!

https://flaglerlive.com/132887/anthony-fennick/

"The two sheriff’s deputies who had been guarding him have been dismissed, as guarding him was pointless: Fennick, 23, has been brain dead almost since an ambulance brought him to the hospital from the Flagler County jail late Monday night, after days of high fever at the jail, and on Monday, vomiting and having a “medical episode,” in the sheriff”s office’s description. It was, in fact, a seizure."

"
    This is so sad. Unfortunately, this is the result of a Sheriff who demeans the lives of people who make mistakes. We all have seen how Staly degraded people in jail. They are our neighbors. While the sheriff that you all elected takes a paid vacation to Dabai that we paid for..a man dies. Another man… There is more blood on Staly’s hands."

"This is heartbreaking, I hope those that refused to show good sense and compassion will be let go from their positions"

"This is so sad and incomprehensible. Someone needs to pay for this misdeed. That’s how a human being gets treated when they are in jail. What good are the nurses. They have to follow the “RULES” that are put upon them and no room for humanity. There definitely needs to be changes made."

"A double law suit for sure. One for the Sheriffs Office and one for the medical staffing agency. So sad. I guess when it’s your time to go it happens no matter what. God has bigger plans for him. Condolences to his family and friends."

"Terribly Sad…………… Something most definitely is WRONG with THIS situation!!! "

"
    What a horrible way for a mother to lose her child! So heartbreaking! Shame on the sheriffs dept for not taking his symptoms seriously just because he’s an inmate does not mean his life didn’t matter! I pray for his mother and family RIP ��"

"
    I honestly hope the family lawyers up ! Inmate or not , no one Deserves to die when it could have possibly been prevented . I’m sure it’s not the first time an incident of “illness” has been brushed off by both deputies and medical staff . I hope this one comes back to bite FCSO in the ass ! And don’t ask us taxpayers for more money for new stations , jails and equipment when this narcotic problem in this county has gotten out of control ! N.E.T team really needs to step it up and be way more proactive with their investigating. Staley needs to be accountable for once and inform the public that something is being done for both ‘tis death investigation and the drug problem in this county !"

"
    A very SAD story indeed. I am VERY sorry for his loved ones and friends. I foresee a wrongful death lawsuit coming in the future. Plus a thorough and complete investigation into this so-called medical company and their procedures who are in charge of supporting the medical needs of the prison."

"
    RIP. If I were his Mother I would be in contact with a really good lawyer. Someone in a county jail waiting to appear before a judge, becomes ill why, should they be denied treatment? Why didn’t someone in the jail allow him to seek medical treatment and get him to a hospital sooner? This sounds like a real case of neglect on the part of the Flagler County Sheriffs office."

"
    I cannot imagine the circumstances under which this is excusable. Where did indifference, even disdain, creep into the sheriff’s department?"

"
    Very sad. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, and friends. Internal investigation, is a joke, and pretty much a slap in the face, to his family. Does anyone truly believe that an honest, and fair investigation will be conducted by FCSO? Staly is too concerned about his political image, to let anything come out of his investigation, that will make him, or his organization, look like they have any problems within. Big lawsuit coming on this one."

"
    What a tragic story. This reminds me of the boy who came back from North Korea due to neglect and in humane treatment. The comments circulating about him deserving it because he was in jail are sickening. We are no better than a communist country if this is how we treat our inmates. I hope some charges come fromthis. I am a nurse and can’t imagine letting someone suffer for days. I work with addicts and it is actually common knowledge among them that you pretty much have to die in jail before you get treatment. Society still sees drug addiction as a moral failing and until that mind set shifts, we will continue to see this kind of treatment. When are we going to learn our “war on drugs” and how we have handled it has not worked?
    My condolences to his family. May Anthony now Rest In Peace"

"Our county sheriff’s office is in shambles. I hope the family will recover from this and use this to effect change. Morgan and Morgan are standing by.

With that said, what the holy f@#&! is our sheriff and 8 subordinates doing in Dubai for “swat” training?! How much is that nonsense costing us? Are you kidding me? That must be a typo, please correct."

"I wonder if the family could file a Wrongful Death Suit? It sure seem like it could. If the Sheriff’s people got Anthony immediate help, he might have been okay, instead of a death sentence."

"This is so very sad!! The Mom said how when she talked last to her son she had no idea it would be the last time. Someone needs to answer big time as to why his poor health was so ignored. Please dear God help this family through such a painful time, such a cute little girl will never enjoy her Dads love. May he RIP Prayers to his family to ease the pain."

"My heart goes out to this family. What a tragedy all because of medical negligence from the jail staff. And it’s not the first time. Inmates have been suffering for years that get ignored. It’s time the county sheriff Rick replaces the contractor That manages the Medical needs of the inmates. Yeah the sheriff can boost all the time about what a good job his men are doing on the streets and boost about his green roof inn but CANT boost about the jail facility cause the inmates are treated less then Human. His prescription is that they all deserve it. He looks at them all as criminals so they get treated like animals. I hope Anthony’s death is not in vain and some positive results will happen and the inmates can get much better medical care then they have been"

"RIP so very sorry for they family. I know someone else this happened to also, such a horrible thing no one would take care of him Shame on those that actually knew he was sick and they chose to just give him meds clearly he was sick and should of been taken to the hospital before Monday if they did not have a Dr there. What the hell kind of medical staff is working there they can not tell when people are sick and have a fever this is terrible this never should of happened to him."

"Very sad. Condolences

What are the chances that anyone will be held criminally responsible?
    Criminal prosecutions are few and far between.

Federal civil suits have been successful in similar situations.
    Although civil suits do not punish the responsible parties."

so now theres facts--just wondering if the sheriff still is to blame? by yhe way jeffy thanks for going back and sending me all the BS's, now dont go back and remove 'em

Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion

Yeah, I thought that there was some kinda unwritten rules about going back months, even a year back just to place BS and other derogatory emojis...must be a signal craving attention or something worse. It is happening to several of us. LOL
    Last edited by KathyInAR; February 11th, 2019 at 03:52 PM.
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

I'll wait for the outcome of the investigation before jumping to any conclusion. In the meantime I'll stand by what I wrote, you can have your opinion but I will not agree with it, too early to call.

Have a nice day😁
    R2D2
    Beep-op-whir-boop-weeee
    I'm a black and white type of guy, the only gray in my life is the hair on my head!

Quote Originally Posted by KathyInAR View Post
    Yeah, I thought that there was some kinda unwritten rules about going back months, even a year back just to place BS and other derogatory emojis...must be a signal craving attention or something worse. It is happening to several of us. LOL
    I get the same BS from the puppy. He went back to 2017 with his nonsense. He is about to get more attention than he wants. He forgets that we have met. He's a fairly short drive from me unless he moved.

Think how insignificant he truly is if that's how he get's his jollies. Such a sad little man he's become imo

Now, if everybody put him on "ignore" problem solved.

I'm would think that "stalking" which is pretty much what his thing is is against some rule. I do know that calling him by his previous screen name is against the rules. Perhaps using his true name is permissible. Might have to find out.
    Last edited by Fastcar; February 11th, 2019 at 05:42 PM.

Wow, I was not aware that so many would get butt hurt from someone catching up on old news and giving their opinion of what they read by clicking an emoji. Now I'm afraid of what ROOT thinks of the emoji's I gave him. Oh boy..... Isn't that what the EMOJI is there for? A way of posting in response to what someone posted?? Most were LIKES, Hugs, Laughing emoji's and a few are the BS against posts of personal attacks that are uncalled for. I call them as I see them. I never knew there was an expiration date, cut-off date, or an unwritten rule as you stated. Are these rules that are made up as feel needed?? I know it's bad news to wake up an old thread. Like I said, I'm so sorry so many got butt hurt over this to the point of losing their minds. I never meant to cause so much mental unrest.I get several BS against me every day and you don't see me pouting( BTW, they mysteriously vanished a little bit ago, isn't that odd?). Someone posted 8 'BS' against me today alone, now gone. Was someone cleaning their slate before complaining? LOL...Not getting upset over an emoji war though. Puppies will do what puppies will do though.. Some know how to take care of a puppy and some don't.. Well, until this invisible unwritten law of the land is confirmed, I'm continuing to read over old news and mark it accordingly. I prefer to give LIKES and I do give 'likes' to adult like posts. Nasty derogatory insulting posts are fair game. Too late to be sorry you posted something negative. Shoulda thought about that then. I am as fair a one can be. BTW, what is a derogatory emoji? These things can really hurt you mentally eh? Shame on these emoji's!!! Who in their right mind would allow us to handle derogatory emoji's???!! I'll be more careful when handling them next time. People hurt over a tiny emoji icon, what's this world coming to anyway....If anyone is still butt hurt and wishes for me to remove an emoji, just ask. Thanks everyone!!

Quote Originally Posted by KathyInAR View Post
    Yeah, I thought that there was some kinda unwritten rules about going back months, even a year back just to place BS and other derogatory emojis... LOL

Personally, I wouldn't give a rats ass about what you think
    R2D2
    Beep-op-whir-boop-weeee

Quote Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't give a rats ass about what you think
    EXACTLY!!!!!!! That's how I feel and that's how any adult should feel!!!! With you I know I'm stretching it a bit but you seem to understand. And glad to see you're coming out of your cocoon finally. Thanks buddy!!!