Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Preparing mentally for my upcoming surgery!

Default Preparing mentally for my upcoming surgery!

Hey all, Not sure how many of you that have gone through this but I will be going in for a Laparoscopic Bilateral Inguinal surgery on Thursday February 28th at AdventHealth here in Palm Coast and it can take anywhere to 1 1/2 to 3 hours depending on complications.. I will first go to Preop room #3 for prep and soon after at the scheduled time of 2 PM, they will roll me into the room of bright lights, even though I will be out of it.. I hear that my surgeon Dr. John J. Cascone is one of the best. They say that even though it's a common surgery, it's still a major surgery going into your abdomen and inserting and leaving foreign objects in there. I've started my diet of Probiotics and antibiotics for two weeks prior and to continue two weeks post surgery to prepare my beautiful body to fight against infection I spose. My out-of-pocket cost is $50!!! Not bad for a $5000 hernia operation!! This is so awesome!!!!! I will be so pleased when this is over and I'm sure you all will be praying for me and wishing me a quick recovery. Thank-You in advance!

Most people who have open hernia repair surgery are able to go home the same day. Recovery time is about 3 weeks. You most likely can return to light activity after 3 weeks. Strenuous exercise should wait until after 6 weeks of recovery.

Hernia bilateral. ... A bilateral hernia is a type of inguinal or groin hernia that occurs in both sides of the lower abdomen. Hernias may not be painful when they first occur. However if left unattended the weak spot can grow and simple acts like coughing, sneezing or lifting heavy objects can be painful.

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn.

Stikini Slayer Penguin Pass Champion, Block n Roll Champion, Attack Of The Fan Girls Champion, Falafel King Champion, Donkey Tail Champion, Little Protectors Champion, When Penguins Attack TD Champion, Grid Iron Champion, Z-Wars Champion, Tribal Jungle Fruit Quest Champion, Open Source Rock Paper Scissors Champion, Nature Race Champion, DirtyColor Champion, American 8-Ball Pool Champion, Gumball Line-up Champion, Digi-Digi Champion, SevenYo! Champion, Firebug 2 Champion, hit the target Champion, Guns Defense Champion, Robot In The Hole Champion, Chicken Licken Champion, Gemollection Players Pack Champion, Fred's Pick Up Tour 3 Champion, Korrode Champion, Zaptonia Defense Champion, The Eggs Mystery Champion, Underwater TD Champion, Easter Defence Champion, CrissCross Champion, Rooftop Sniper Champion, Dragon Ambush 2 Champion, Zombie Smash Tower Defense Champion, US Border TD Champion, Underworld TD Champion, Zombie Trailer Park Champion, Potion Panic 2 Champion, WDYK? 3 Urban Lingo Champion, Bloons Tower Defense 4 Champion, Medicine Dealer Champion, The Blocks Revenge Champion, Animal Catcher Champion, Zombie Disposal Champion, Omg Scary Smiley Champion, The Flame Champion, TumbleDots Champion, Politricks Champion, Pirates Champion, City Digger Champion, redwhite slice Champion, Grammachnophobia Champion, Tabla Champion, Pixelshocks' Tower Defence II Champion, DropSum Champion, Blackbeard's Island Deluxe Champion, Short History of the World Champion, Anatomicus Anatomy Game Champion, Socium Champion, Magic Defense Champion, Bowmaster Champion, Kingdom Of Saguenay TD Champion, Ninjas vs Pirates TD 3 Champion, WasteLand Defender v2 Champion, Red Red Champion, Lucky Coins Champion, Handless Millionaire 2 Champion, TOTWO DARK Champion, Take a Walk Champion, Beat Chaser 2 Champion, 1 Will Survive Champion, Lines Game - Master Champion, Mickey Ball Champion, Windowcleaner Eyetoygame Champion
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Preparing mentally for my upcoming surgery!

Good luck, Take it perfectly easy during the healing, If the lap surgery fails the only other option to fix it will set you back hard.
    I had two surgeries in 2015, the first was on the left and recovery was no big deal However the right had been worked on in 1988 and when it failed afterwards they had to repair from the inside as the scar tissue wouldn't allow entry from the outside and the recovery from the second surgery was 10x worse over all the combination had me out of the game for 2 years and im just now getting caught up.

once your innards are moved around the gut is never the same again.
    The scent of fresh cut grass is plants screaming.
    Abolish Lawns and golf courses!
    Suppression of grasses is an inter-kingdom hate crime.
    TAX TURF NOT EARTH

What happened that it failed? During my doctor's visit, we got to talking in the waiting room after waiting over 2 hours to be seen and one guy said his failed and I asked what he was doing that caused it to fail, he said he is a hockey player.......
    No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn.

Stikini Slayer Penguin Pass Champion, Block n Roll Champion, Attack Of The Fan Girls Champion, Falafel King Champion, Donkey Tail Champion, Little Protectors Champion, When Penguins Attack TD Champion, Grid Iron Champion, Z-Wars Champion, Tribal Jungle Fruit Quest Champion, Open Source Rock Paper Scissors Champion, Nature Race Champion, DirtyColor Champion, American 8-Ball Pool Champion, Gumball Line-up Champion, Digi-Digi Champion, SevenYo! Champion, Firebug 2 Champion, hit the target Champion, Guns Defense Champion, Robot In The Hole Champion, Chicken Licken Champion, Gemollection Players Pack Champion, Fred's Pick Up Tour 3 Champion, Korrode Champion, Zaptonia Defense Champion, The Eggs Mystery Champion, Underwater TD Champion, Easter Defence Champion, CrissCross Champion, Rooftop Sniper Champion, Dragon Ambush 2 Champion, Zombie Smash Tower Defense Champion, US Border TD Champion, Underworld TD Champion, Zombie Trailer Park Champion, Potion Panic 2 Champion, WDYK? 3 Urban Lingo Champion, Bloons Tower Defense 4 Champion, Medicine Dealer Champion, The Blocks Revenge Champion, Animal Catcher Champion, Zombie Disposal Champion, Omg Scary Smiley Champion, The Flame Champion, TumbleDots Champion, Politricks Champion, Pirates Champion, City Digger Champion, redwhite slice Champion, Grammachnophobia Champion, Tabla Champion, Pixelshocks' Tower Defence II Champion, DropSum Champion, Blackbeard's Island Deluxe Champion, Short History of the World Champion, Anatomicus Anatomy Game Champion, Socium Champion, Magic Defense Champion, Bowmaster Champion, Kingdom Of Saguenay TD Champion, Ninjas vs Pirates TD 3 Champion, WasteLand Defender v2 Champion, Red Red Champion, Lucky Coins Champion, Handless Millionaire 2 Champion, TOTWO DARK Champion, Take a Walk Champion, Beat Chaser 2 Champion, 1 Will Survive Champion, Lines Game - Master Champion, Mickey Ball Champion, Windowcleaner Eyetoygame Champion
    Blog Entries

Not sure, the mesh that had been installed 15 years either failed or the hernia opened outside of its coverage. Dr Andrew Gamenthaler was my surgeon and I really like him, he explained the body has two types of collagen one is tougher and sometimes as we get older the body can get behind on producing it. resulting in degeneration of the pads between bones and connective tissue between muscles that hold us together in the soft spots.
    there is a high recidivism of hernias so take care and be careful of posting while under the influence of hydrocodone
    TAX TURF NOT EARTH

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    fail, he said he is a hockey player.......
    A Stikini Slayer's work is far more intense than Hockey, I mean those matrix like slow mo moves when battling the supernatural put a shit load (literally) of stress on the connective tissues
    TAX TURF NOT EARTH

Founder Middle East - Geography game Champion, Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Master of 3 Peak Champion, Win One Million Sec Edition Champion, Face Eater Typing Champion, Miami Zombie Typing Champion, Cross Clear Champion, Cute Connect Champion, Almost Millionaire Champion, Did You Know: Christmas Champion, Globez Champion, MathBlocks Champion, Mess in the house Champion, Fruit Faces Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Hexa Pool Champion, Eye Pop Champion, Alien Pop Champion, John  Mary Memory Champion, Cup Cake Memory Champion, International Holiday Match Champion, 4 Dragons Champion, Quix 2 Square Champion, The Numbers Champion, Mah-jong Mayhem Set 1 Champion, Suma Novel Champion, Sweets And Cakes Mah-Jong Champion, Math And Match Champion, The Painters Daughter Champion, The Dark Side Of The Forest Champion, Turquoize Room Objects Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ROOT View Post
    Not sure, the mesh that had been installed 15 years either failed or the hernia opened outside of its coverage. Dr Andrew Gamenthaler was my surgeon and I really like him, he explained the body has two types of collagen one is tougher and sometimes as we get older the body can get behind on producing it. resulting in degeneration of the pads between bones and connective tissue between muscles that hold us together in the soft spots.
    there is a high recidivism of hernias so take care and be careful of posting while under the influence of hydrocodone
    Just to clarify...laughing at the “posting while under the influence of hydrocodone” not that Jeffery” has to undergo surgery or that you have had issues as well. Ouch, ouch.
    "...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

I am allergic to hydrocodone, which is usually prescribed like water from dentists. I think you meant Oxycodone. Although both are nearly identical and generic, for some reason dentists are more likely to send you home with hydrocodone and I don't know why that is. I don't take pain killers of any kind currently ( or for the past 8 years or so) and I refrain from them after surgery for about two weeks if at all because they tend to 'mask' pains and problems that may be of vital importance such as stress on an incision interior or exterior, or any other communications your body needs to send to the brain, because if it hurts, you better rethink that kind of movement. On pain medication, you may not notice a burning sensation when moving the wrong way and it don't take much. That burning feeling is usually an incision attempting to open. The pains are the warnings you don't want to hide. I usually just take pills to help me sleep at night on occasion because I have insomnia. I'm definitely not a sissy when it comes to bearing pain when need be unlike others I've seen wandering the hallways.. Once I wake up, chocolate and coffee help get through my day after work and I'm just dandy. Speaking of work, I will be taking a two week vacation. Can't be lifting, bending, stooping, etc. for a while. I hope two weeks is enough. Maybe light duty after that.
    Last edited by Jeffrey; February 10th, 2019 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KathyInAR View Post
    Just to clarify...laughing at the “posting while under the influence of hydrocodone” not that Jeffery” has to undergo surgery or that you have had issues as well. Ouch, ouch.
    Yeh I thought that was cute also and come to think about, it makes me now wonder from what I've read around here lately that don't make much sense from a couple others. I just ignore them. Oh well, if they really need to take their Razadyne, who am I to judge. BTW, I'm looking forward to seeing what cute nurses they have.

Founder Mahjongg 3D Tile Set 1 Champion, Gorillaz Tiles Champion, Nile Tiles Champion, Snow Day Champion, Food Mahjong Champion, Calculation Solitaire Champion, Calculation Solitaire Easy Champion
    Blog Entries

Good luck and yes take it very easy afterwards. I know it is hard not to just go back to doing everything you do not but you do not want a set back. Be careful leading up to it too. Do not get any open cuts. You do not want to risk getting an infection.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    Good luck and yes take it very easy afterwards. I know it is hard not to just go back to doing everything you do not but you do not want a set back. Be careful leading up to it too. Do not get any open cuts. You do not want to risk getting an infection.
    Thank-You for the great advice and I will heed it wisely.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    It doesn't take much effort for KB to run around and leave BS emoji's on posts or otherwise be a pia.

Thinking for a minute maybe the doctor will pull KB's head out of his As* at the same time.
    The real National Emergency resides in the White House. Lock him up!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Speaking of work, I will be taking a two week vacation. Can't be lifting, bending, stooping, etc. for a while. I hope two weeks is enough. Maybe light duty after that.
    Strap yourself in to a reclining chair, set a timer to take half the script at twice the rate don't do a damn thing , not even a milk jug, in fact don't get up except to pee. take them like that for ONE week and don't skip or double up don't take a whole one except the first and you will get an effective moderated bl.
    then quit them when your foolish enough to think you can pour a glass from a 2 liter , so it hurts like it should then lay your ass back down and don't move again for the second week. By week three you should be able to get the paper off the drive if your really careful. Remember this the repair does not have any stitches and that mesh is like a piece of toilet paper between the garbage can and a trash bag of full of wet cowshit. If you wiggle it and get a wrinkle or worse bunch it up before the tissue establishes it with scar tissue it will at worst fail completely and at best be like having a pebble in your shoe but in your belly and making your balls hurt all the time. Three weeks is how long a cut takes me to heal completely on the outside at two it still stings when you get salt on it, so i figure inside is not much different.
    TAX TURF NOT EARTH

Strap yourself in to a reclining chair, set a timer to take half the script at twice the rate don't do a damn thing , not even a milk jug, in fact don't get up except to pee. take them like that for ONE week and don't skip or double up don't take a whole one except the first and you will get an effective moderated bl.
    then quit them when your foolish enough to think you can pour a glass from a 2 liter , so it hurts like it should then lay your ass back down and don't move again for the second week. By week three you should be able to get the paper off the drive if your really careful. Remember this the repair does not have any stitches and that mesh is like a piece of toilet paper between the garbage can and a trash bag of full of wet cowshit. If you wiggle it and get a wrinkle or worse bunch it up before the tissue establishes it with scar tissue it will at worst fail completely and at best be like having a pebble in your shoe but in your belly and making your balls hurt all the time. Three weeks is how long a cut takes me to heal completely on the outside at two it still stings when you get salt on it, so i figure inside is not much different.
    Dissolving stitches internally but a decent incision on the outside. I had one done 8 years ago and have problem free since. IIrc the mesh and a sort of plug was used to strengthen it. A couple of uncomfortable days then it was bearable. Told me no lifting of anything for 10 days then no more than 10 pounds after that. At 20 days he told me to go fishing but if I hooked anything heavy like a shark or ray to pass it off or cut it away. Everybody is different regards healing and ability to deal with pain. You heal faster on the outside than internally. I'm of the belief that you do exactly what your surgeon says. Pain will dictate your limits. Water proof band aids are your friend. Ya gotta shower! lol
    Last edited by Fastcar; February 11th, 2019 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcar View Post
    Dissolving stitches internally but a decent incision on the outside. I had one done 8 years ago and have problem free since. IIrc the mesh and a sort of plug was used to strengthen it. A couple of uncomfortable days then it was bearable. Told me no lifting of anything for 10 days then no more than 10 pounds after that. At 20 days he told me to go fishing but if I hooked anything heavy like a shark or ray to pass it off or cut it away. Everybody is different regards healing and ability to deal with pain. You heal faster on the outside than internally. I'm of the belief that you do exactly what your surgeon says. Pain will dictate your limits. Water proof band aids are your friend. Ya gotta shower! lol
    You are sooooooo comforting! Thank-You so much for your caring words and unwavering wisdom! I will think of your sweet and sincere advice every time I shower with my waterproof glue attached to my gut. Plant one on my cheek for good luck will ya??.

Idon't think he was talking to ya, so why act like a dumb as&

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    Idon't think he was talking to ya, so why act like a dumb as&
    I don't think he was talking to ya, so why act like a dumb ass?
    TAX TURF NOT EARTH

I don't think he was talking to ya, so why act like a dumb ass?
    YES SIR, cant say much here when the boss dislikes ya

What is this I hear that they blow you up like an inflatable doll with surgical gas?????

Blog Entries

it's not like you ever say much anyhow http://crackercoast.com/crackerchat/...hp/77645-slick
    TAX TURF NOT EARTH

Gotta love a person of few words. Actually, I prefer it to some of these mind-numbing posts that are paragraphs long containing stuff that could be said in a couple of sentences.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast