Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Info on French Door Fridge?

I've been doing a lot of research on French Door type refrigerators. Narrowed it down to a few. Don't want thru-the-door ice and water because they eat up a lot of interior room and tend to be problematic. Anyone who has one, anything else I should consider before buying?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have this one:

http://www.samsung.com/us/appliances...RFG298AABP/XAA

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It does have the through the door ice and water, but at 29cu.ft I don't miss the space. It also has another ice maker in the freezer. I love the freezer on the bottom. Going from a side by side, I have more space for bigger items. The set up is just much more user friendly IMO.

Cracker Bytch Fling a Thing Champion, Deep Freeze Champion, J B Snowman Punch Champion, Operatin Maboule Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have Kenmore Elite with a bottom freezer with upper french doors. No thru-door anything as they are prone to break down. Bottom freezers are the most efficient plus with the fridge part you can see everything and don't end up with hairy meat attacking the green, slimy cheese bits. I've had mine 2 years and couldn't be happier. It's also energy star rated so it only costs $50 a year to run. Usually Sears run a Energy Star sale during Energy Star week. My fridge was 15% off on sale, then 25% off for ES week.

Stikini Slayer Penguin Pass Champion, Block n Roll Champion, Attack Of The Fan Girls Champion, Falafel King Champion, Donkey Tail Champion, Little Protectors Champion, When Penguins Attack TD Champion, Grid Iron Champion, Z-Wars Champion, Tribal Jungle Fruit Quest Champion, Open Source Rock Paper Scissors Champion, Nature Race Champion, DirtyColor Champion, American 8-Ball Pool Champion, Gumball Line-up Champion, Digi-Digi Champion, SevenYo! Champion, Firebug 2 Champion, hit the target Champion, Guns Defense Champion, Robot In The Hole Champion, Chicken Licken Champion, Gemollection Players Pack Champion, Fred's Pick Up Tour 3 Champion, Korrode Champion, Zaptonia Defense Champion, The Eggs Mystery Champion, Underwater TD Champion, Easter Defence Champion, CrissCross Champion, Rooftop Sniper Champion, Dragon Ambush 2 Champion, Zombie Smash Tower Defense Champion, US Border TD Champion, Underworld TD Champion, Zombie Trailer Park Champion, Potion Panic 2 Champion, WDYK? 3 Urban Lingo Champion, Bloons Tower Defense 4 Champion, Medicine Dealer Champion, The Blocks Revenge Champion, Animal Catcher Champion, Zombie Disposal Champion, Omg Scary Smiley Champion, The Flame Champion, TumbleDots Champion, Politricks Champion, Pirates Champion, City Digger Champion, redwhite slice Champion, Grammachnophobia Champion, Tabla Champion, Pixelshocks' Tower Defence II Champion, DropSum Champion, Blackbeard's Island Deluxe Champion, Short History of the World Champion, Anatomicus Anatomy Game Champion, Socium Champion, Magic Defense Champion, Bowmaster Champion, Kingdom Of Saguenay TD Champion, Ninjas vs Pirates TD 3 Champion, WasteLand Defender v2 Champion, Red Red Champion, Lucky Coins Champion, Handless Millionaire 2 Champion, TOTWO DARK Champion, Take a Walk Champion, Beat Chaser 2 Champion, 1 Will Survive Champion, Lines Game - Master Champion, Mickey Ball Champion, Windowcleaner Eyetoygame Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sold, I want one , I suppose I could do without the door Ice but I do like the crushed Ice for wild turkey.
    How does two or there large pots fit inside. I love the super chill Brenda We need to buy a new one, after ours failed a few years back we have went through three older power vampires.
    we are vastly more focused on what divides us than what unites us

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can fit my gumbo pot in it with no problem and it's 32 quarts. Space in it has never been a problem. I love the large "pantry drawer". It is huge and I store a ton of produce in it. I have also used it to keep an ice cream cake at the perfect temp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It certainly is a beaut! And at 29 cubic feet, there's plenty of room for the ice maker, a gumbo pot and a dozen suckling pigs. Thanks for the recommendation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy McDugal View Post
    I have Kenmore Elite with a bottom freezer with upper french doors. No thru-door anything as they are prone to break down. Bottom freezers are the most efficient plus with the fridge part you can see everything and don't end up with hairy meat attacking the green, slimy cheese bits. I've had mine 2 years and couldn't be happier. It's also energy star rated so it only costs $50 a year to run. Usually Sears run a Energy Star sale during Energy Star week. My fridge was 15% off on sale, then 25% off for ES week.
    Thanks for the info and the unusually graphic discription of decaying food.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brenda View Post
    I have this one:

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It does have the through the door ice and water, but at 29cu.ft I don't miss the space. It also has another ice maker in the freezer. I love the freezer on the bottom. Going from a side by side, I have more space for bigger items. The set up is just much more user friendly IMO.
    We currently have a nine year old Kitchenaid side by side, about 25 cu.ft. Still runs great and looks good in our recently remodeled kitchen. The ice maker works fine but we have had some issues all along with the ice dispenser. No biggie. Just open the door and grab a hand full instead. The only real issue with side by sides is the narrow storage areas. Not at all pizza friendly. Neither is the freezer. So, for us, it's just a matter of space efficiency and an upgrade to stainless steel over the black one we currently have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another question. Looking at display models, I noticed that the doors don't close as easily as I'm used to. My side by side practically closes itself. But because of the different design requirements of french doors, they get a little hung up just before closing. Some brands seem better than others though. Frigidaire closes fairly easy as do some LG models. Samsung, not so good. Whirlpool is ok but forget Maytag. GE varies from fair to poor. My question is, does this present itself as being a real pain in the @$$ at home?
    Last edited by Rent-A-Husband; January 23rd, 2011 at 10:44 PM.

Stikini Slayer Penguin Pass Champion, Block n Roll Champion, Attack Of The Fan Girls Champion, Falafel King Champion, Donkey Tail Champion, Little Protectors Champion, When Penguins Attack TD Champion, Grid Iron Champion, Z-Wars Champion, Tribal Jungle Fruit Quest Champion, Open Source Rock Paper Scissors Champion, Nature Race Champion, DirtyColor Champion, American 8-Ball Pool Champion, Gumball Line-up Champion, Digi-Digi Champion, SevenYo! Champion, Firebug 2 Champion, hit the target Champion, Guns Defense Champion, Robot In The Hole Champion, Chicken Licken Champion, Gemollection Players Pack Champion, Fred's Pick Up Tour 3 Champion, Korrode Champion, Zaptonia Defense Champion, The Eggs Mystery Champion, Underwater TD Champion, Easter Defence Champion, CrissCross Champion, Rooftop Sniper Champion, Dragon Ambush 2 Champion, Zombie Smash Tower Defense Champion, US Border TD Champion, Underworld TD Champion, Zombie Trailer Park Champion, Potion Panic 2 Champion, WDYK? 3 Urban Lingo Champion, Bloons Tower Defense 4 Champion, Medicine Dealer Champion, The Blocks Revenge Champion, Animal Catcher Champion, Zombie Disposal Champion, Omg Scary Smiley Champion, The Flame Champion, TumbleDots Champion, Politricks Champion, Pirates Champion, City Digger Champion, redwhite slice Champion, Grammachnophobia Champion, Tabla Champion, Pixelshocks' Tower Defence II Champion, DropSum Champion, Blackbeard's Island Deluxe Champion, Short History of the World Champion, Anatomicus Anatomy Game Champion, Socium Champion, Magic Defense Champion, Bowmaster Champion, Kingdom Of Saguenay TD Champion, Ninjas vs Pirates TD 3 Champion, WasteLand Defender v2 Champion, Red Red Champion, Lucky Coins Champion, Handless Millionaire 2 Champion, TOTWO DARK Champion, Take a Walk Champion, Beat Chaser 2 Champion, 1 Will Survive Champion, Lines Game - Master Champion, Mickey Ball Champion, Windowcleaner Eyetoygame Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah that would be a real PITA I expect the door to shut itself if left less that 45 degrees open. I probily tend to adjust then a little tilted back because of that.

Cracker Bytch Fling a Thing Champion, Deep Freeze Champion, J B Snowman Punch Champion, Operatin Maboule Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rent-A-Husband View Post
    Thanks for the info and the unusually graphic discription of decaying food.
    Anything for a fellow Cracker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Brenda. I've been racking my brains out these last couple of weeks with all the internet searching and store hopping. Whereas I wasn't looking at Samsung originally, I now have several models at the top of my list. They range in size from 25.8 to 29 cubic feet, all without thru the door ice and water. I wanted to ask you, what color did you get and do you have any issues with the doors not closing easily?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenda View Post
    I have this one:

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got black and the doors close just fine. Never even thought about the doors till you mentioned it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the link. Don't you just LOVE LOVE LOVE the LED lighting? Does yours have that shelf on the right that folds underneith itself?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I love the lighting! I told hubby I keep expecting to open the door and find dancing girls!

Yes, it has the shelf that folds underneath itself. I also love the spill proof shelves.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well dadgum it I want one too now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe if we buy in bulk, we'll get a discount.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well... bit the bullet tonite and bought the Samsung RFG297AARS from HH Gregg. Got it at a ridiculous price, about 700 bucks cheaper than their sale price because it was an out of box item. Taking delivery Sunday and yes, I'm psyched about an appliance. I wasn't gonna go for the ice and water thru the door, but this was priced on par with smaller units without that feature, so... what the hell!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet! I think you will love it, I love mine!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm selling our side-by-side for $360.00.
    It's a KitchenAid Superba model # KSRS251
    *25.4 Cubic Foot Capacity
    *Black Contour Doors
    *Slide Out Spillproof Glass Shelves
    *Extra Door Bins
    *Temperature Controlled Meat Locker Drawer
    *Humidity Controlled Crisper Drawer
    *Deli Locker Drawer
    *Thru the Door Ice and Filtered Water
    *Space Saver Ice Maker Makes Plenty of Ice
    *Runs Great / Runs Quiet / Cabinet is in Good Shape
    *Energy Star Qualified
    *Asking $360.00
    Note: The thru the door ice dispenser stopped working recently, but it's an inexpensive fix.
    Ice is easily accessible from the bin right inside the freezer door.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast